Your experience with damaged bikes...

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by WillemK, Aug 16, 2015.

1. WillemK

WillemK New Member

I just adjusted the pre-load on the front and back and the damping. Everything was set to 'hard' position. Don't know why.... I set Pre-load on the front and back just above standard. Damping is back about 180 degrees from the full position. Went for a ride and now it sits better on the road, covers holes better and doesn't dive as hard anymore. Much better for my sensitive bum.

I also discovered a lot of built up grease where the chain connects to the gearbox. Tried to get it a bit cleaned, but I didn't open it so that's on the to-do list. I looked the bike over, but can't find anymore damage or irregularities. As far as I can see it looks very clean.
    The tires are a pair of Dunlop D207's. They have enough profile and look quite new. The sidewall doesn't show any wear.

RobVG, I had the carbs synced last week at the shop and they took a look at the engine and drove the bike. Everything looks like how it's supposed to look. They advised me about what I should do and told me that if I keep driving as much as I do now I should give the bike a new life and spend some money on it. So we agreed to service the bike in a few weeks.