windsheild

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by rk1ref, Nov 15, 2009.

1. rk1ref

rk1ref New Member

anybody have ideas bout replacement windsheilds? I've got heli bars on my 07 & get alot of wind turbulence. Have the stock screen would like to try something else.

2. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey RK. You can use the search function in the upper right of this forum. There are several threads on windscreens, including some pretty in depth reviews, comparisons, measurements, etc.

Factors such as your height come into play. Some may say go with a Zero Gravity windscreen, but that might not work based on your height.

3. tanrush

tanrush New Member

How your bike is set up (screen, and handle bars, stock or heli bars) and your torso height has everything to do with it. I am 5'11" with 32 inch inseams (standard torso) I have a 5th Generation and have tried all 3 types, stock, double bubble and the sport touring screens. All have been zero gravity brands and the winner is the stock screen. The air flow hits me the lowest under my helmet in my chest and that makes for the cleanest smoothest ride for me. The sport touring is good for colder weather to keep more wind off but causes alot of helmet buffing.

You need to get your opinions and information from the other 6th Generation riders to compare apples with apples. Good luck on your search you will be happy when you get there.
    Tom

4. rk1ref

rk1ref New Member

so yeah, good idea I'm 5'8" & also have 32 inch inseams. Longer trips, in colder weather is what I am doing, am looking to get out of wind as much as possible.

5. rk1ref

rk1ref New Member

OK. Thanks

6. park800

park800 New Member

Map
    Check out the MRA Vario windscreen.