Who's interested in a Colorado VFR gathering?

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by ILuvtheMountains, May 18, 2011.

1. ILuvtheMountains

ILuvtheMountains New Member

Map
    Hey all, After hearing about all the fun that was had at R3, and myself not being able to go, I am trying to see who would be interested in getting together in Colorado for a gathering later this summer. I'm not trying to step on the toes of the dude, but I think that CO has some great potential for a great time for all. And Reg, we would be honored to have you.
    There are campgrounds near here (Northern CO), we could line up a place in beautiful Estes Park, or we could go closer to Denver. Its also a possibility to figure out places closer to my place here in Fort Collins, like the greenbelt behind my place (have to check with the HOA) although I don't have a sweet fire pit in my yard, I do have a shower that people could use :cool:

We have several canyon rides and high elevation routes, good food, interesting destinations, etc.

Sometime in the first week of august would be good (for me) and may give people more time to plan and fit it into their schedule.

I am just trying to get a feel for who may be interested in something like this, because if nobody is interested or nobody has time, than I will drop it and try again at a later date. It may be that only Coloradoans are interested, and thats cool too, but know that EVERYONE is invited and the number of serious people will probably end up dictating some of the logistics.

Reply with your thoughts or just a "hell yeah, I'm in!" or a "Pound sand dude, I don't have time for that!" No hard feelings either way. Feel free to PM me as well.

2. AberdeenMan

AberdeenMan New Member

I'd love to make it down that far, I have family in Durango, Grand Junction, and Fort Lutpon so I could float a night in just about every corner of CO.

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hummmmmm sound interesting..........

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    dunno. I'll have the newborn and we'll be trying to make a trip back to the midwest around then.

If I were trying to assemble a huge ride, I might consider trying to do it down in the San Juans. More central located and easier for people from AZ, CA, NM, and CA to make it. But the big thing is that there is less population, more wide open road, and fewer po-po to deal with. Just my .02

5. Africord

Africord New Member

United States
    Map
    It has possibilities. I have to work it out at home as our 30th anniversary is in that timeframe.

6. ILuvtheMountains

Map
    Thats a good idea. I don't have any friends or family down there but I would also like to see that area. You all that are interested, spread the word and lets get something going here!

7. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    You have to have it at your house so we can all drink crap and snore without riding :)

8. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    I'd be interested, just say when and where and see who shows. .

9. ILuvtheMountains

Map
    SLO, I have a feeling that would happen anywhere I held it. The not riding part is unacceptable though.

Range- thats probably the way this will have to go. I will do some serious thinking, planning and looking at routes for rides and get back to this thread. Those who don't show for the first one will be so sad that they missed out that they will sob into their little justin bieber pillows and wish they wouldn't have been such 'ginas

10. AberdeenMan

AberdeenMan New Member

If you're planning an open ride, swing all the way up to Washington state before you head to the midwest, then you can take 101 and I'll ride along until I'm numb (or my wife calls me back).