Who likes fireworks?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by jay956, Mar 31, 2009.

1. jay956

jay956 New Member

My other hobby that makes me broke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Nice hobby! May you keep all your finger and toes throughout your career!

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Thats almost the same thing they say about motorcycles! lol
    any ways great pictures. i need to get out of the keys to see some real fireworks...

4. VifferDude

VifferDude New Member

Bikes and Fireworks?....you're just a BIG KID!

5. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    LOL!

You and I need to get together sometime. I used to be a lead pyro in Maryland. I still have a good friend in the business too.

BZ

6. nvoges

nvoges New Member

What kind of question is this???? Of course we like Fireworks, we are human. Anyhow, WOW, that looks to be a bit more involved than my usual firworks extravaganza.

7. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    You sir, are a hero. I was born on July 4th. A party is not a party without fireworks.
    Thank you for your service.

8. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Huh............

Drewl, I thought Tom cruise was b orn on the 4th of Jul..........:pound::rofl:

And of course I love firework:thumbsup: Great job.:thumbsup::cool:

9. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Holy crap, that looks like fun.

Believe it or not, its a FELONY (you read that correctly) to possess fireworks in NJ. You have to be licensed, insured, inspected, etc... just to set off a display. If I go to PA & buy some firecrackers, that right there is a felony.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
  11. amaromi

amaromi New Member

12. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

For the record, I said FIREWORKS, not sparklers. Having re-read the law (last time I read it was 1992), I must correct myself. It is a HIGH MISDEMEANOR, not felony. The point remains, I am not allowed to go to PA, buy some cherry bombs, transport them on a highway into NJ & then set them off in my back yard.

I know you don't like me but I think you're just cute as the Dickens. :tongue:

KC-10 FE out...

13. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    What about a dirty back road and an open field?

14. Badbilly

United States

Well by golly, somebody there thinks that sparklers are fireworks. I couldnt find anything about those little tablet things that are touched off we used to call worms. Will those get you busted too?

http://www.americanpyro.com/State Laws (main)/PDFStates/new_jersey.pdf

I agree. Much can happen, be forgotten, misapplied or just be flat out wrong when trying to remember specifics from the last century, including legal stuff.

Again I agree, the statutes are very clear. The State of New Jersey does not feel that pyrotechnics and explosives should be available to the general public. Personally I'm neutral on the entire subject since I don't live there. If I did and really felt that this was infringing somehow on my civil rights, I would do something about it rather than just complaining on a motorcycle bulletin board.

My advice would be to follow that course of action rather than becoming more of a cop magnet than now exists. One of my fave patches on my old flight suit is the one that goes:

Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Oh my! I hope your compliment is not one of those don't ask don't tell things.

What you might want to take into consideration is that as the local guru, some of the other guys on base who ride might be following your adventures here. Perhaps edit cute for handsome or attractive. Cute is not a good choice anyway.

15. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Remember, sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

So, is it your new personal goal in life to take notice of my every move, report them to your contacts/associates in NJ, have me tailed & then thrown in prison or made to disappear? Yet I'm the one is a danger to us all & a cop magnet? :crazy:

I'll just end this little problem right now. One more person gets added to the "Ignore" list. Since I just know you don't like me & think I am a danger to everything that is wholesome & good, you probably shouldn't mind.

KC-10 FE out...

16. jay956

jay956 New Member

if any of you guys on the east coast wanna check out some real fireworks, check out Fireworks Club ,we meet in va 3 times a year.

cool man, im working on being a lead. i still just wanna be a shooter for a year or so more.

you would appreciate the show that most of those pics were from. 5 16", 10 12", about 15 10" shells, and i cant even remember how much 3"-8" shells there were. and not even counting the mine, candles, cremoras, and strobes. and it was all choreographed to a live orangist.

great pic! (looks like a titanium salute on the right)

17. nvoges

nvoges New Member

That is f'm awesome......are you looking for any help?

18. jay956

jay956 New Member

im still the one helping other people, so i personally dont really need help.

you might wanna check out this site
    Fireworks Clubs and Associations
    i think there a few clubs around your way

19. Badbilly

United States
    There is one guy in New Jersey I do talk to on the net. Technical stuff mostly but he is also a crackin guitar player and pops up with some really funny stuff written in the film noir style. The guys from "Joisey" on the Sopranos are really actors so I guess we could agree that there is less a threat level than you imagine.

How many are on your "ignore" list? I would hate to think I was all alone anywhere. If there are several we might even get you into a poker game.

I have to assume you will be reading this. I have found that many of the things said on the net are not always true. This is especially true IMO, with the "Attention Hoes." I wish I could take credit for that one..Alas, it was someone else.

A brief tale or playlet:

Three sparrows are perched on the handle of a shovel in a cow pasture in New Jersey. All three have just feasted on bovine leavings.

Sparrow #1 says, "I feel great!" "I am going to fly nonstop to LA". He takes off, flies about ten feet and drops dead.

Sparrow #2 says, "I feel great too and I am going to fly nonstop to Florida". He takes off, flies about ten feet and drops dead.

Sparrow #3, (at this juncture, sparrow #3 can be a girly sparrow if necessary) just stays put awhile, and gets the rest of the chow.

Anticipating the moral of this story as I know you will, it is: "Don't fly off the handle when you're full of shit."

20. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Hey jay956:

It's funny, people ask me what it was like and I tell them shooting fireworks is ball busting work. Fun yes, but hard. From timeming the show correctly and coordinating all your shooters (we used to light by hand NO electronic ignition) it got 'interesting' a couple times.

I actually have some hearing damage so if you and I are ever in a crowd with backround noise I'll have a hard time hearing you. People have asked me "Are you deaf"? And I have to tell them: "Well kind of" lol!

I was shooting a show on a barge up near North East, MD back in 97 and was in charge of reloading and firing our 10 inch shells. Well, I forgot my ear plugs. At the time I thought no big deal the black match on the fuse is generally long so I;'ll just stick a finger in my one ear, light with my flare, and walk away. Well I pull the first paper off the end of the fuse and the black match is maybe 3/4 of an inch long! As soon as I touched the end of course the shell immeadiatly lifts. The common person does not appreciate how loud those shells are (even 6 inchers are bad) until they are right their. Well, it made for a long night because ALL of them where like that! I only had 12 of them to shoot and you mix them in so I'd get a break, but I thought my eardrums broke at one point.

That scene in Saving Private Ryan, where the GI is saying "I had a grenade go off right by me ear" Outside of blood NOT coming out of my ear I can relate!

Oh, I don't know how much pull you have with the people you shoot with, but my buddy who stills has a company and shoots shows introduced me to some shells I'd never seen. You're obviously familier with 3 inch Titanium sulutes. Well India has started to make fireworks and they are producing sulutes in 3, 4, and I think 6 inch sizes! My buddy was raving about them and set off a 4 inch one. Awesome is all I can say. There is no Titanium so its just a flash and I think they are chlorate based, but powerful and LOUD! Its the type of shell that gets the crowd whipped into a frenzy. Ask around if you haven't used any yet!

I'll have to show you my black powder cannons sometime:)

BZ