Who Hates Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Chris71Mach1

Chris71Mach1 Insider

United States
    Map
    Ironically, this is the only HD I'd ever own, too. It seems that HD is almost afraid of building or marketing anything that isn't a rolling pile of shit.

2. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    All my neighbors do look like that!

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

I used to have more but many of them just didn't believe my moat was stocked with Salties. Now I have to go to Walmart.

4. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    First of all I would like one of these myself...now on to the fun part...

Rolling pile of shit...My Heritage has leaned very nicely into corners up until the crash bar dragged on the left side, and the pipes on the right and it has floorboards. Who would've known???

I am a sport rider at heart and the Harley handles quite well in the curves, even two-up...I know it was never intended for this just, giving my rolling piece of shit some props...:chaingun:

PS/wot is nice is on Billy's post's I have Anal Glaucoma...I can't see his ass!!! :star:

5. 577nitroexpress

577nitroexpress New Member

United States
    How can you tell the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a harley?

THe location of the DIRT BAG! :)

6. waterdude141

waterdude141 New Member

Speaking of Hell's Angels, while I was living up in Modesto, CA pulled up next to one on my VFR, had NO IDEA what a Hell's Angel was, raised my Visor, waved and said "Nice day, yeah?" He responded with a glare and a rev. Flipped him off as I went down the road. No *#$%@ given.

Well... that was supposed to be a quote from the 3 or 4th page of the thread xD ah well.

7. waterdude141

waterdude141 New Member

I'm not against the bike much. Too overpriced for my taste, but everything over 2k is overpriced xD

I'm on the fence about the noise level. I like it...but I think it should be cut down a *smidge*

Raised in a HD town, but I've always been a die-hard sport bike fan. Ever since I watched Akira... ahhhh. What I would do for that bike.

ANYWAYS, about half the HD riders I've waved to returned the favor, the other half don't even look at me xD I've not been in any big HD gang areas, so I havn't had to deal with the attitude much. Did have an old co-worker, good guy, bought a fairly new HD for the look and "persona" type deal. Bit of a country boy.

I'm pretty neutral I guess on how I feel about them. I think most are ugly though, only a few that I'd actually like - and thats purely look. I think I'd die from the difference in position. Hell, when I took my motorcycle training course (required in CA for under 21, which should be cheaper and required for all riders I think) I about fell over ever day trying to get used to the position on a 'traditional' styled bike. That was after only a month or so on my VFR.

8. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

Manitoba forces all new riders and some old rider to take the riders course....should be cheaper and make everyone take it, good things from that course. I had a very hard time on the HD sportsters they made us ride. Tailbone hurt for a week!

AS for HA's Ive only had an issue with a couple and they never bothered me long...good to know who is the clubhouse president XD Other than minor issues, they are usually good guys. just don't dig too deep about money or product, keep it about riding.

The bike still sucks, but that's why I ride sports over easyrider, My fathers Yamaha 650SE2 is traditional with log type seat level with the tank, its a good rider and all, just to top heavy.

9. Badbilly

United States

10. boscoe

boscoe New Member

I have both feet in both camps. Didn't include some of my other H-Ds in my sig. I LOVE all motorcycles. Trust me, wallet-chain do-rag types don't have a monopoly on ridiculous machine prejudice. I encounter plenty with the wanna-be racer boy crowd when I roll on my Harleys. The "crotch rocket" crew judges me as old and clueless by my ride. Which is amusing as hell. Since I'm a decent (active) racer with the wood (and the Daytona Speedway crash stories) to prove it.
    When I ride my sports bikes to the Harley hangouts, they actually get a lot of favorable comments. Particularly the Ducatis. I catch more grief over my "that ain't no Harley" water-cooled V-Rod than any of my other machines.
    So don't judge either book by their cover.
    Plenty of bullshit to go around.

11. Badbilly

United States

I am positive that what you say will change many minds here.

12. boscoe

boscoe New Member

Yeah, right.
    But it's better than saying: Stop Being an Ignorant Asshole! Of course, sometimes that works good too.

13. cinelliguy

cinelliguy New Member

Map
  14. Badbilly

United States
    How many Harleys do you have? If you have several you may be the numero uno harleydood on this BB of all time.

15. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
  16. boscoe

boscoe New Member

Three: V Rod, CVO Fatboy (2005) and 2010 Road King

I have a motorcycle addiction....

17. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    The report was a bit misleading. The reported problems were the highest for the big touring bikes and the lowest for cruiser. Honda placed third because of their Wing sales and the number of farkles. I am not sure how they determined that Harley offered cruisers and big touring rigs. The lines are a bit blurred in my mind. BMW was at the bottom of the list for good reason. They have been living on their reputation for years. I am not sure it is well deserved. BMW used to be the most reliable road bike back in the days of the /2 and mag fired boxer twins.

18. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Haven't checked on this thread but have alot of opinions............Looks like i'
    ll have to put aside some time to read through the entire rant to date as it contaINS enough fetilizer for a farm.

19. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

Just remember: if assholes could fly, this place would be an airport!

20. Badbilly

United States
    The harleydoods in my hood say that VRods aren't real Harleys. The same dudes also make really rude jokes about fat boys.