What's new everyone? I'm selling my bike!!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Chicky, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi all,
    It's been a while since I've posted on here and I hope all of you are well. My life has changed a lot. My parents passed away in 2015, I sold my house and moved into theirs to take care of their 4 dogs (my HOA only allowed 2), and after two years of that, I have decided it's finally time for me to get out of Vegas... but I have no idea where to go. So, I sold all of my vehicles except the bike, and bought a 2015 Road Warrior toyhauler, brand new complete with warranties still in tact, and a 2015 Ram 3500 diesel dually to tow it, and have been living in it for a couple months now, with my birds in the garage area and the dogs sharing the garage and kitchen area. I know how you all like pictures, so here is one I took of the rig when I was on my way home with it. I flew to Arkansas to pick up the truck, drove to Michigan to get the Road Warrior, then drove it all home to Vegas. I think this pic may have been Arizona, I don't remember....

[​IMG]

Anyway, I have rented out my house (was my parents' house) to a couple friends, and am still using the garage for storage until I get to go through everything and donate or sell accordingly. I'm selling my VFR and here is a link to the ad I setup here. http://vfrworld.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=6866&title=2007-vfr800-interceptor&cat=1 If you or anyone is interested, let me know. I'm open to any and all offers. I'm also considering parting it out, so if there is anything on it you want, let me know, and what you want to pay, and if I get enough people wanting parts to make it worth it, I will sell it in pieces. Obviously, it's preferred to sell it whole, and if an interested party is within a somewhat reasonable distance, I might be able to ride it out to you for one last road trip on it. Thanks for looking and spreading the word!!

Karen

2. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Sorry to here about your folks Karen. That's quite the rig you've got your self there. You don't want to hang onto your bike and bring it along with you in the garage section? You might miss having it. I just picked me up a truck with the idea of possibly getting a toy hauler and at some point traveling about taking my Seadoo and bike with me. I haven't figured out if I will enjoy myself traveling alone, guess I won't know till I take the plunge. I have a buddie that I do some local riding with that traveled for seven years in an rv, he said he never minded the solitude. He ended up settling down in an rv park east of Temecula, Ca. at a tiny town called Auanga. It has great aminaties and is really affordable. Send me a pm if you'd like any details. Best of luck to you.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I think I could live in that. Might take a full time job to buy diesel though. Both of my parents are gone. Know the feeling.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Did your parents pass or just drop you off somewhere and didn't come back?

5. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    Glad you're doing what makes you happy!! Sad to see all the old crew leaving their VFR's tho!! Stuka, Reg, Joey_Dude, and now Chicky :frown-new: :blue:
    I've been contemplating letting mine go too.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Always wondered where you disappeared to. Sorry about your folks, and props to you for haulin that big ass trailer around -- not easy.
    Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Hmmm, not sure what to say, I knew all ready your adventures with your life. ;) Was thinking you'd park the Viffer , ya never know when it might come in handy. But yea, get the what to do with it while on the road. I like that idea of taking it with you. Though it sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind. It sort make sense, still? Here's wishing you the best.

8. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Were I in the position to yank a trailer around in such a nomadic lifestyle, I'd want a bike with me, VFR or something.. To me it would greatly enhance the whole experience. I'd be able to roll into town somewhere, park my mobile hotel, then explore on the Moto. When I was done, load it all up, then find somewhere new. Even tho I have a family, that sounds damned appealing, actually. Maybe you could look into something lighter, therefor easier to load, unload.

You could slab it in comfort, then all the fun riding would be on two wheels. I'd be down with that all day long! Maybe a competent ADV bike, to open up my options.

9. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi all, thanks for the great replies and messages. Somehow I'm not getting notifications when replies are posted, so I had no idea there was anything even going on with this thread. Just popped in to check on it this morning, after spending my 50th birthday on a day trip to the river yesterday. My how time flies... when I bought the VFR I was 42!

No room for the bike in the garage. Two large bird cages and two small cages means no room... though I DID see a guy pull in from Canada with a rig similar to mine and had a setup on the back where his bike was parallel to the back of the rig on a lift. Used a drill in the contraption to wind the lift down to ground level and roll the bike off, then "drill" it back up again. But... I just don't think I have much riding in my future anymore. Just not on my radar after all of the changes I've been through in the last couple of years....

Eh, I stay about 3 weeks in one place, and pretty much move around locally for a while. Diesel here is about the same or even less than premium, so not too bad. I get 10MPG when towing the beast of a trailer and about 14MPG when not towing, so not too bad on the mileage.

Thanks, ducdmann, hope all is well with you.

Thank you Sir. So far, it's just staying parked... have received no interest in it really. It's actually quite disappointing. I may end up being forced to keep it just by default... lol!!

Yes, I have thought that... once some of the birds are no longer on the earthly plane and I have room in the garage, I might get another SV650 (bike I had prior to the VFR) or some such bike to play around on and enjoy some twisties or just run into town etc. on. We shall see. For now... no space in the place! LOL!

10. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Hey,

BWeiss said you might be open to parting out. I need the fairings. Is that an option?

-Bruce

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I still have a VFR. Mine is too old with too many miles for anyone to buy. It's also intimidating because I'm such a bad ass that when other people looks at Scratch she scares them off. She's used to being ridden hard and without fear.

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I still have a VFR. Mine is too old with too many miles for anyone to buy. It's also intimidating because I'm such a bad ass that when other people looks at Scratch she scares them off. She's used to being ridden hard and without fear.

13. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I may sell mine too. Maybe not too.