what did you do to your vfr today?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by f3racer, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SML

SML New Member

Australia
    Thanks Terry and AM for your terrific ride posts.
    If I can't get out for a ride, lately due to heatwaves, it's great seeing others enjoying their rides. Bravo.
    It was 47 deg C in the shade of the veranda yesterday, many all time temp records broken all through this region and the state. Next Sunday is looking like a goer for a ride with the group. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Soooooo happy for you!!!!
    Now do it again every day you can...
    <3 <3

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well, it was bitter/sweet, as I couldn't ride the 5 Gen for reasons explained here earlier and I didn't want to ride the 6 Gen until I have the tires changed, so I took the Duc out. Although a little more effort to ride than the VFR, she did very well today! She'll be seeing a lot more road time until I can figure out what will happen to the 5 Gen. I'll be sure to take it slow coming off the freeway though! :wink:

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

You should have cranked this song when you got on the road...I did once I was able to get back on two wheels after my bout with it!

"Turn it up loud captain!"

[video=youtube;98W9QuMq-2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k[/video]

5. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Just catching up on the thread. Glad to hear you're OK. Sorry about the bike.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    AM., or someone else too if you know, what bike is that your friend is riding?

8. A.M

A 2001 BMW K1200 LT...a beasty thing!!

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Most likely the bike will return to live another day, my gear will be repaired and/or replaced and I now know the limit of those S21s :rofl:

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Being a glutton for punishment, I decided to change the tires on the 6 Gen. Replaced the rear tire before dinner, then the front after. Based on my records, the tires I just took off were installed 11/15 and had 14,256 miles!

[​IMG]

Look at how squared off the rear tire got. It's a shame I didn't get to do more canyon carving with this set, there's so much tread left on the sides! (If you look over on the right, that's the remnants of the front fairing and fender of the 5 Gen.)

[​IMG]

11. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I've only ever gotten something like that on my front tire. I need to lose 100lbs and then maybe I"ll get that kind of mileage. Of course I'll be so skinny I'll be in 2D, but hey!!

Oh and, ahh, that new tire smell!!!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  12. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    I meant to do stuff. Lots of stuff. I need to polish out some minor damage from a cover that it was wearing in a very windy storm a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to replace the grips. Drop the downpipe and get that damned centerstand on so I can mantain the wheels and chain more easily. I've got a whole list...

But then I went outside and saw gloriously sunny for the first time in a week and went for a quick ride. Then, after I took care of a little work I went ouside to do the work in the afternoon and saw the sun and went for a ride. I had to get coffee beans, anyway, so I rode down the coast, flirted with the coffee girl, chatted with some other riders who were out, stopped for the sunset, and still couldn't convince myself to work instead of ride.

I think I spend too much time indoors. I see a warm, blue sky day and lose all motivation.

13. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I like it. Will have something like that one day but I am just not old enough for something like that. Gots to be sporty for now. Thanks.

14. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I went out for a quick blast. Did about 80 miles, highway, canyon, freeway and roads. California is actually really beautiful right now because of all the rain we've been having. Everything is the greenest I've seen in many many years. There's a section of highway near me that has hills that always reminds me of southern Spain. Now that it's all green, it's like I'm transported there every time I go down that road. I will be getting pictures of it soon. Simply breathtaking. The heartbreaking part of it all is that I know it's temporary, as soon as the rain stops, so does the beauty.

15. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Love it when I'm able to use the Viffer for work related errand running around, once that was done, did a little extra getting around, then took a stop here. 3 days ago the water here at the Tumwater Falls was clearing the top

[​IMG]

16. A.M

I'll always be too young for one. Haha

17. SML

SML New Member

Australia
    Just checked tyre pressures, going for weekend ride, I noticed oil on the brakes "delay valve" that's located on the offside, right, fork slider. Didn't have torch with me but it looks like fork oil rather than brake fluid.

In a search of the forum didn't see "delay valve" leak. Hope it's not that, it's apparently non repairable and cost is $300! Ouch!

18. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah The weather is actually behaving, so I got out again, wow, twice in two days.

[​IMG]

19. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Jealous. What a nice afternoon. You've switched weather with us here in SoCal.

Super windy, interspersed with rain. Lots of rain. In fact, it's raining here so hard right now its like a horse pissing on a flat rock.

I put up a BikeBarn last weekend as I don't have a proper garage and the cover rubs the paint in a way I don't like. 40mph winds and 2" of rain in the next couple of hours should do a good job of testing it out.

20. SML

SML New Member

Australia
    Moved the VFR over and the other motorcycles to make space for another Honda, a CX500 as you can see. She rides so beautifully and gracefully! The notes rising out of those pipes is so pleasing to the senses. Aaahhhh :smile:

image.jpg