Virginia: Charlottesville & points south (Sunday, June 22nd)

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by TNRabbit, Jun 16, 2014.

1. TNRabbit

TNRabbit New Member

Map
    Heading out around 7 a.m. from Spotsylvania. Anyone wants to join at the last minute call or text me three 0 one 3 9 nine five 7 5 three

2. TNRabbit

TNRabbit New Member

Map
    Ended up only being me & smoothsailin from VFRD.

Phenomenal ride! Unfortunately, smoothsailin developed charging issues about 2/3 of the way & had to beat feet home. He made it back without incident.

56 was MOSTLY free of gravel & debris. The east side of 56 is tight & fast, while the west side is even tighter but slower due to worse pavement conditions (still fun). too bad we got behind a slow cager on the way down and had to poke through most of it in 1st gear. There were a LOT of bicyclists to watch out for, I don't feel like that detracted from the ride at all.

39 was gorgeous, we headed west & it runs along a beautiful small river. Stopped & had an incredibly inexpensive lunch at a small mom & pop restaurant then headed back east on 39 to 60. I didn't feel 60 was as much fun as 56, perhaps partly due to the higher cage traffic.

There was a section of rt 151 on the way down/back that was EXCELLENT. Scraped pegs on a couple of the turns there.

An excellent route & one I'll do again soon. Beautiful scenery....unfortunately, I only slept a couple pictures. Smoothsailin filmed a video perhaps he'll try and get posted later.