Vintage Motorcycle Show, Frost Park , Dania Fl

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Gator, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Billy I know whaT you mean about the car guys. I have run into that exact senerio before. Funny how bikers can know and like lots of cars. At the show the Harley dudes look like clones and don't spend nearly as much time looking at all the non Harley bikes. I get the feeling they have no Idea of what they are looking at. Most are in the beer line or hanging together.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

"Doods of a feather..."

The best car guys I have found are the vintage racers.. The rod shows are a mixed bag. I spotted a car I had when I was a kid. It had an inline six in it. Mine had a 302 Jimmy. The owner came over and said I looked sort of confused. Nice guy. The engine was a 300 CI Ford six truck engine in a 47 Chevvy coupe.

In the same show, a guy had a highboy with an Ardun-Norden setup. Tried to talk to the asshole and about two question in I found he had bought the car. I drove an AA gasser a couple of times with the same setup..

That Italian show was almost on the level of a costume drama.. We didn't do a third round.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

United States
    Map
    I put alot of work into that RD400. The fairing was a Dunstall Half Fairing that I modified. I made the seat from balsa wood, styrofoam and fiberglass.
    Rectangular tube swingarm, rearsets, paint, Toomey Pipes and a bunch of little things. I disconnected the oil pump and ran premix (only seized it once).
    Bigger carbs, ports/timing and some other stuff I can't remember. Kept me out of trouble for about a year!
    The neat thing about RDs was their total simplicity. I'm happy to know you have one because I'm just too old for that kind of crazy.

4. WoodyVF

WoodyVF New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I was just going to ask about the fairing, you say its a Dunstall I have to see if I can find one for my RD400C that i'm working on.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

United States
    Map
    I sure wish I had taken more photos.
    It was an American "knockoff" of a Dunstall fairing similar to the top part of the one shown here. If I remember correctly they offered several sizes.
    Since it was designed to be frame mounted I cut off most of the lower section, repositioned the headlight and then fabricated brackets and mounted it to the tripletree.
    (Woody VF, if I can find any detail pictures I will PM you)

Attached Files:

6. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    How is the availability of parts for RD's in the UK?