VFRW West Coast Meetup- August 21st-26th, Reno, NV

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by derstuka, Jun 18, 2008.

1. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    count me in too

2. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    I'm there, even if nobody else is. Somebody has to support the local economy.

3. DKC'sVFR

DKC'sVFR New Member

I intend to be there or be square.

I intend to drag my raggy 2nd gen 700 into Susanville, if I can't ride it into town, just to see what other Veeffer's look like and who's mug is talking behind the avatars that I have come to know, at least those that show up. I'm taking the ride regardless, but I sure would like to meet the group when I get there. I'm gonna be in Susanville regardless of whether or not I meet a bunch of VFR groupies there or not. My son may not be with me, but I'll be there regardless.

If there are other die hards who intend to head for the mountains in the weeks before indian summer kicks in, who want some company for a ride or two or more over/through the Sierra Madre, I'm volunteering. As for the Reno option, doing Reno as a gambling excursion and multi day high/drunk holds less facination for me. But doing Reno as a weird "big little western town" that offers a few free drinks along the way while you beat it out of the heat by pushing a few quarter slots in an airconditioned gamein' parlor, sounds like a reasonable one day excursion, another day touring some pretty nice scenery in the cooler sierra within an hours ride of the "big little" on some great twisting roads with some decent restaurants and some CA wines along the way sounds like a good time. Getting to make some friends with a common interest sounds good too. But If I have to ride those roads alone I can't complain if they are less crowded and I can lay my bike over slightly lower because they are. I need the practice. So I'm prepared to be happy regardless of whether there is a gathering of the clan or not. I doubt that you'd want someone my age, girth and with my maladies along for a gambling and boozing extravaganza anyway. My real reason for being there was to ride in the first place. I know that I've been wanting to do the short cut to Chino from Gold Country ever since my Brother described it to me years ago. The Shasta ride is supposed to be great too. I figure I'll need two-three or more days to make it to my Bro's place in North Cal on my way back to that SoCal Bakery I'll have left on Aug 17th. I know its a great ride everywhere. Besides, grandpa will need to get his rest at night in order to keep up with the riding he hopes to do during the daylight anyway. If you still intend to "gather" and I'm invited, just tell me when, where and how to get there. I expect the bike to make it with me on it.

4. PAR518

PAR518 New Member

I'm still in for at least one day - Sunday/Reno/Tahoe for sure... What happened to our Northern friends? Did they opt for that Washington ride/gathering??

5. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    :lol: Don't forget to contribute to the local brothels too! They need to supply their crack habit.

6. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    Booked a trip to venus,too hot right now,mars bores me.RENO?Count me in(danger),luv to meet u'all.'No Reservations' please.I'll be shacking with the strippers

7. Taz

Taz New Member

Still planning on going & so is my neighbor , & possibly get a few more Utards to go as well (if there wives let them :rolleyes:) .

Oh & the daughter is moving back in next week (with the VFR 6th Gen) & she may go as well, I thought it may be helpful to have her teach some how to drag a knee up in the Sierra's :vtr2: if you can ride @ her pace :boink:

Not kidding, she's that good, but I'll tell her to ride mellow, so I don't have to ride hard to catch back up to her :redface:

It's gonna be fun, can't wait :tongue:

8. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Wherever the meet takes place in Cali, I'll be there. Being near San Fran makes my trip no more than 250 miles in any direction for most places that were suggested in the beginning. I would love to meet more of the people behind the avatars even if it's just to punch one or 2 in the face! :boxing::shocked: :lol::lol::lol:

9. Dudealicious

Dudealicious New Member

i'm still a go. hell, 2 nights lodging including BBQ & beer for only $20? when can i move in?

10. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Derstuka is dropping out of the Reno Meetup.

Well, I am the asshole here folks. Sure, throw the eggs and fruit at me. I am sorry for this, but for the limited time that some of my SD crew has, and the distance to travel that doesn't leave us much time to ride, especially now that the northern folks are not coming. As stated, I am officially dropping out of the meetup. You are welcome to meetup in Reno, and have a most wonderful time and ride. I am not canceling the Reno Meetup, just I am not going anymore I want to make that clear. I am going to make a run for the central coast, involving SLO, and Monterey, feel free to join me if you wanted to go before, but it was too far. Plans are still in the works, but SLO and Monterey are involved, and lots of twisty road riding inbetween. It is going to be fun, just as the Reno/Tahoe riding will be.

Once again, sorry folks, I guess I didn't plan well enough. I am usually the last one to flake, but I am the king of flakers now. I know there will be a virtual SHITSTORM of ass ripping coming my way. You can kill me know. :gun3: :faint: :ass::whip:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey flaky boy. If you guys need a meetup, you know my open-door policy. I still have the futon in the upstairs of the garage and the basement room is open. I'll probably be off some of the days and would be happy to lead you on whatever type of ride you guys like around the area. I should mention that I made an addition to the garage since your last visit in the form of a kegerator. There is also a MAME cabinet that was working up til a couple days ago so it may be running again by then... you know how to reach me. If NCB is coming again, I need to know ahead of time so I can invest in hangover cures...

reg

12. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    The management of Chateau Le Drewl would like to issue a formal statement...
    Due to the changing dynamics of the peoples involved in the August Get Together (formerly known as the Reno/Susanville Get Together), we have chosen to follow the crowd. We, the management, recognize that the majority of those involved would spend the majority of their valuable time traveling to and from this event. We do not feel that is conducive to the most enjoyable excursion.
    So, as a result, we, the management, have seen fit to join those of you who would like a shorter journey. We therefore choose to participate in an ALTERNATE DESTINATION TOUR.
    We, the management, do not assume to dictate the final location and are open to the direction of the group.
    We wish to thank those of you who expressed interest in the former plans and hope that we may serve you in the future.
    thank you,

the management of
    Chateau Le Drewl

Monterey or SLO are quite acceptable.

13. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    :frusty: Now things are getting complicated! :frusty:

It will be difficult to pass up an invite to Casa de Reg especially with a Kegerator! :drink: Here I am stuck in the middle again, literally: 250 miles either way I go... You guys all SUCK :yousuck::laugh: After flipping a coin my bike is heading south to SLO. Blame it on :flame:derstuka:flame: for giving us a choice!

14. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    its funny but it all ways seams to be a tough thing to try and get folks together ? i was looking forward to Chateau Le Drew / reno, however Monterey or SLO / Casa de Reg will work and it would be cool to meet up with reg, i have to make this one since i could not make it to any of our west coast conventions. so as much as i don't like changing plans Im ok with what ever you all come up with ( well i think ? ) just if anyone dose the change thing again after we set them again please don't make it in LA i wanna get away from this place.

PS. if you guy could drag your feet long enough time wise on this i could have time to get my 2000 up and running ? otherwise its the 86 750 ... he he he
    hey everything is good and it will work out.:frusty: when plans are changed after being set people lose interest, maybe we should have kept the Chateau Le Drew / reno plans and made it or not and also made a Monterey or SLO / Casa de Reg run ? another weekend ? :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  15. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    You Crack me up

Drewl Thanks for your previous offer at Chateau Le Drewl, Since the plan had been change. I will be with Derstuka Lead as well (One for all, All for one):ncb::ncb::ncb:

16. Taz

Taz New Member

:mad: Well, I'm sticking with Tahoe, you just don't make this kinda planning & then change out because of seat time.

Reason is, thats part of the trip, to put in your own route to a destination !

I was adding 102 (now 652) miles to my route just so I didn't super slab the whole 555 miles to Reno.

Derstuka really pushed this event & then pussed out & went for a more posh butt route, when that could of been done on another weekend Since it's a shorter distance for you.

Besides I've been all over CA & especially that area, & you just can't compare the riding in the Tahoe area to Monterrey & the inland mountain roads.
    Tahoe & areas is hands down better !

Besides, why would I want to go to Reno/Tahoe, well it was to meet up & ride with friends you have never met & to bench race in person vs the Forum.

There's roads & hwy's here in Utah that makes the Dragon (I've done the Dragon about 6 or 7 times now) short & wimpy & much more enjoyable to ride than going to Reno/Tahoe & still be @ home @ night in my comfy own bed.

The trip was about the commrodery & now it's pretty much sunk now.

So the neighbor & I (He hasn't riden a M/C in the Tahoe area or I'd cancel too ) will be zipping up there in the mountains, while you enjoy the Monterrey Area :rolleyes: .

I'll get off my :soapbox: now

17. Taz

Taz New Member

p.s.

Now if you made a get together event for the Monterrey area when there's a Available track day @ Laguna Seca, then the trip would be worth it.

Fun track (Not as fun or as fast as MMP) thats more technical & I had many fun track day's & racing there in the past & alway's enjoy a day there Rain or Dry :tongue:

18. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    The Susanville thing was kind of a stretch anyway. Only a few people benefited from that location. Unfortunately, you were one of them. Sorry.
    If you already have the time off, take it and ride. As you said, the journey is more than the destination.

19. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Waa Waaaah!

I guess you missed the part about the fact that all of the people coming from the Oregon area are no longer coming. This was the main reason the trip was planned to be so far north. The majority of the people are now coming from the south and I think it is more than fair to move the location to a place where it inconveniences the least amount of people. derstuka is centralizing for a good reason.

This trip wasn't about racing, it was about getting together with the most people possible and enjoying ourselves on some great roads whether they be in Tahoe or Monterey.

The Reno/Tahoe trip is NOT cancelled! You can choose whichever trip you want to make. Id seat time doesn't bother you then hump it down to the SLO area and join the group. There are still going to be some great people and roads to conquer in the Reno area as well so make your choice and have fun but hacking on other people because of a choice is not what this site is all about.

Whatever dude :rolleyes: :bs:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  20. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    now ladys , as rodney king has said ...... can't we all just get along ?