VFR800 ride - soccer mom yells - Happy Easter!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by GatorGreg, Apr 16, 2017.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Yep, I remember a certain someone who pulled an all-nighter in subfreezing temps at 90 mph with a burning electrode in their leg and an ice cube for a face shield - safety violations worthy of a light spanking, don't ya think? :beguiled:

2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Round up that moto deviant and spank away!!

More than likely they are a repeat offender will call for repeat whoopin!

3. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Repeat offenders are subjected to the Aunt Jemima treatment :witless:

[video=youtube;hYq75Gm4UdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYq75Gm4UdI[/video]

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Tame and getting more boring with each round of lame excuses.

Maybe a new handle from Gator Greg to Squid with a vid.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Next time you head down to the land of gators and subdivision road racing, hit a thrift store for a bargain Cat Woman outfit, a selfie stick and aboot 4' of weed whacker line. Sounds like lil gator might like a whoopin. With some planning, it could pay for your gas, tent space, insect repellant and a few munchies.

7. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Billy, I think we should end this for him with comments. I think that he has the idea that it was a bad video and maybe he listened to us. Please let us go back to THE BIKE and what we love. The ride! Do as you will do, but I am off the bandwagon per the previous post, but had to reply to yours in hopes of ending it. I started it and hope that this ends it. Please. And a thank you!

8. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I love you Bubba and Billy - you guys are the best! I almost did nail that poor little squirrel and while they mostly come out at dawn and dusk I have seen many a deer romping around on that road in broad daylight. I've also seen random baseballs, footballs, etc, fly over the brick wall and into the road out of peoples' backyards, including my own LOL. So yes, I agree with you that what I did had some extra risk involved on top of the inherent risk in riding on two wheels.

I think where we may disagree is on what that level of extra risk was. If you're ever in O-Town let me know and we'll go for a ride on that road if you like. I think that if you were to experience it in person you might not want to spank me quite as hard :glee: On the other hand, because I've lived on it for over 20 years perhaps I've become blindly overconfident in my ability to safely drive and ride it at the speeds I did? Like I said before, I never felt that I was putting myself or anyone else at any significant risk.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  9. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    You should write romance novels for a living! :glee:

10. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    That vid makes me feel sick. Some of those riders would have suffered serious injuries.
    Many not wearing normal protective gear either.
    How people that stupid can manage to even start the bike is beyond me. Despite this I still feel for their injuries.

If a group of riders tried to take over the streets like that here, I think the whole group would be stopped and arrested. There would be most of those bikes going into 30 day impound.
    The evidence for the offences would have been handily recorded by the riders themselves.

11. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Gator, looks like you've been swamped by the do-gooders. At least people care about you here. Now we know how people get 10K miles from their tires. Come ride with me and you can have fun never going over 70 while using up your tires in turns while not bothering anybody. That's what a VFR is good for. Soccer moms don't have the skill to drive their monster SUV's where I ride. See you in W. NC sometime.

12. Badbilly

United States
    He needs to say two Evel Knevels first.

13. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Do gooders? Anyone who condones riding at 50mph in a residential area is quite frankly a moron.
    Yes we know you are a demi God on a motorcycle, you could teach Rossi a thing or two if only you had the time etc, but condoning doing double the limit in a residential area is not clever.

14. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    "swamped" - I see what you did there! :glee: I'm not so sure DA, some of the soccer moms around here drive like a bat out of hell! I'm still hoping to hit the Dragon in late June. I should probably get some better tires for that trip as I'm still on the OEM which are fine for down here but probably not the best for real curves. I wouldn't call my critics "do-gooders", as you pointed out they are just concerned for everyone's safety including my own which I do appreciate.

15. Badbilly

United States
    I know,you keep saying the same thing over and over.

16. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Come ride with me and you'll find I'm responsible about when and where I let loose, but I still know how to have fun.

And hey now there...I get 10k+ because maybe I buy the tires for it and don't weigh a ton. Can't always be riding in the edge. Even in W. NC.

17. Badbilly

United States
    Sorry, no can do. I read a couple by a woman I used to know. Back in the day, she was into stuffing as much coke up her nose and balling as many rockers as she could. Got sober, married a lawyer and died a couple of years ago.

18. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Did I mention that I never felt I was putting myself or anyone else at any significant risk? Sorry, I couldn't resist :glee:

Here's some good Evel Knievel for ya BB - can I please be forgiven now? :witless:

[video=youtube;-lPCK8hptg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lPCK8hptg8[/video]

19. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Gator slow down you big ole squid! lol Anyways you are pretty darn close to sugarloaf mountain, it is just on the other side of lake Apopka from you, have you ridden over there yet?

20. Badbilly

United States
    The intent was to indicate just how fast shit happens on motorcycles that are easily capable of 100 mph in seconds in the hands of irresponsible riders.

The rides shown are for the most part IMO, ad hoc and on the order of flashmobs and the ever growing flashmob type robberies we are seeing here.

Lumping organized rides save for some harleydood events where common sense seemingly does not exist is a different matter. Notice that most of those fools who go down are on the slabs in various places. If they want to kill themselves, if we jump to philosophical mode, as stated by Noel Coward, " I couldn't care less."

Much the same deal here. These clowns are just smart enough to be repeat offenders providing they last till the next ride.

Penalties vary from place to place. A 30 day impound is a slap on the wrist. What you might want to do is access a few of the penalties in a few states. In Oregon 100mph on a bike will get the bike impounded and the rider goes to jail. All the bullshit excuses, whining, justification and ain't gonna do any good when cellmate Big Bubba says, "bend over dude and drop em", as soon as it's lights oot!