VFR World in the UK

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Adam Woods, Oct 15, 2006.

1. gazzab

gazzab New Member

Hi Shane?
    Sounds a good idea, but dont you have your turn indicators equiped with permanent lamps? in the uk these lamps have 2 filaments one of them is unused i thought that in the states they were used for day time extra ilumination. i have thought about connecting them to the side light circuit.

Gazza

2. sev

sev New Member

well i just got a 1983 vf750f so im here..ian

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Still waiting to see photos of the area you guys are talking about.

4. Triskell

Triskell New Member

Jersey
    Map
    Hey all, new adition to the VFR club...well i will be tomorrow as soon as i pick it up, it's an 89 750f! going to enjoy all the winter riding coming this way!lol

5. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

Just get on the A470 down through mid wales,just what the doc ordered on a sunday afternoon. cheers Big Dave

6. mesmerize

mesmerize New Member

I have owned a 1984 jap import VF750 interceptor for a few years now, In the process of restoring the beast :)

7. RaceAce

RaceAce New Member

Map
    Hi Guys
    Another here !
    A 98 vfr800, pre vtec and red ( the fastest ones ) :cheersaf:

8. TPR42

TPR42 New Member

I'm just down the Road from RaceAce here in the North West of the UK :tongue:

It's been minus 1 to 5 of late here so I've not risked going out on the old girl as our Council don't seem to grit the Roads anymore unlike Lancashire Council :unsure:

TPR42

9. Dave-UK

Dave-UK New Member

TPR42 same over here on the wirral a distinct lack of grit on the roads, not worth the risk of binning your pride and joy on black ice and if you manage to have kept it up right when you get home you'd have to wash off all the salt an crap before it does any damage, bikes and salt dont go together well takes the shine of thing a bit....

Dave.

10. Triskell

Triskell New Member

Jersey
    Map
    :unsure:

Yeah tell me about it! Have no choice but use bike as only means of transport and my bandit is out of action ATM and every time i get home my VFR has gone from red to white! It's a constant battle keeping it clean :vader: lol. Well hopefully winter will shove off soon then the nice spring riding will be here! :treehugger: Yay!

11. mesmerize

mesmerize New Member

Lol our council here in essex have gone from not putting anything down to putting way to much which is just as bad aswell as the dmg it causes to paint and metal work :(

12. joner7777

joner7777 New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    yep. i`m here, in zumerzet

13. Taffy

Taffy New Member

Try not to laugh too loud

I have spent the last 10 years after bike re-birth on various Harleys, some of which are still in the garage. I use an Electra Glide to tour cos it holds 50% of my wifes wardrobe and besides that it's new and a good tourer. I fancied a sports tourer and not knowing jack s---t about them visited our local Honda dealer sat on a 2005 VFR (abs) with (2") uplift grips to make it slightly more sit-up, loved it and bought it, since when it's rained. I took it out last week but find it odd riding at xxxxxx revs when the Glide does about 100 rpm. at 30mph. This Oracle thing, which is obviously a UK thing - is this a VFR club or £15 to talk??

Taff:thumbsup:

14. joner7777

joner7777 New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    gatso`s, cops, cars

Ahhh the first decent sunny day last sunday!
    Gear on,gleaming bike,new helmet, let`s GO!
    MMMMM , great! then,
    I did not seem to notice the gatso cameras when lumbering along in a car, now they seem to stand out like howitsers aiming at me from the sidewalk,and the biker cops seem to know when the roads will be busy with winter frustraited bikers and are patroling with pronounced head movements as we go by.
    The fast windy runs have 2 cop bikes waiting with mobile cameras at the best part of the road, can our biking brothers be so cruel?
    Then the sunday afternoon drivers! roads full of grandads in their cars which normally only gets used for a supermarket run all year.
    Pass them , here we go! then ,40mph limit leading into 30mph into a 20mph, back out to a 30 then a 40mph,then we are allowed to go 50!!
    for 1 mile back to 40 !!! help! so much throttle and so little wrist movement!
    I better start planning a French trip!! anyone interested?

15. RaceAce

RaceAce New Member

Map
    At long last, had the old girl out for the first time in ages on sunday :thumbsup:
    Thought i would take it easy, and have a gentle shakedown being as she hasnt turned a wheel for a while and guess what ?

Thats right, 10 minutes in and i am forced to take on a k-reg fireblade with a kid who thinks he can ride :rolleyes:

With the tyres barely warm i am putting pegs down round roundabouts and having to back off to stop me going in the back of him, while all he can do is look in his mirrors and shake his head in dispair and frustration :biggrin:

The old girl didnt miss a beat and the conti road attacks held the road all the way to the edge of the tyre :biggrin:

Bring on the summer, we deserve some good riding this year !

16. visage77

visage77 New Member

Hi all another VFR owner from the UK here! and here's hoping for some decent weather this year!!

17. jumble_jobs

jumble_jobs New Member

Hi There

Another VFR800 2000 owner here based in North Wales - go on the "other forum" too sometimes but to be honest prefer this one. A question here what tyres you people out there riding the british roads / weather find best for our bikes. Not out and out performance but not maximum milage either something that hangs on if you lean the bike away from vertical.

Regards
    Paul

18. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

I'm not from the UK but I'd have to say it's hard to go wrong with Pirelli Diablo Stradas. Great grip, good mileage, solid in the cold, and solid in the wet. I ride year round in Michigan, USA(no sunny deserts for me!) and have to deal with road salt and sand when the snow is cleared from the roads and just recently my state has been ranked the 3rd worst road conditions in the USA. My 2 cents.

19. snakeyjay

snakeyjay New Member

Im here VFR 800 fi
    Beats me white van|||||

20. Devilstoy

Devilstoy New Member

I own a 08 VFR and i love it to bits living in scotland, i use Bridgestone 022 plenty of grip and good wearing