VFR Trip Camping Questions

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Big_Jim59, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    A topcase and a 12v Microwave will take care of that problem in short order.

HD is selling some night vision googles made in Mexico that are popular at HOG runs. Lots of action there. Some overuse of course and dudes using them to "borrow" stuff.

2. Badbilly

United States
    Glad to see that some of us at least, are into roughing it. LOL

3. Badbilly

United States
    How long over an open fire does it take to Pasteurize Canadian Beer?

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Wow. Those prices are far lower than ours here. I can't remember exactly what I paid for mine but i think it was nearing or beat twice that.

5. Badbilly

United States
    I have some shares of Starbucks. They don't miss a trick. First store was on 10th St. in Seattle. Then, "Starbucks Coffee and Tea."

Microground coffee probably dates back a little after when according to the story, some sheep or goat herder was trying to herd his flock after the critters were munching on some little berries on a tree someplace, coffee was discovered. My theory is that sheep are hard for some guys to hold still no matter what they had for breakfast.

The equivalent grind can be done at home with a spice grinder and the coffee made by sort of following the directions for "Turkish coffee".

6. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    True, but unless I change tires and maybe even the bike I won't be that far from paved roads anyway. Besides, I would have to eat unrefrigerated leftover pizza in the morning for breakfast and according to my wife if it doesn't get put into the fridge within 2 hours it would probably kill me after eating it. Don't know how I survived long enough to even get married...
    I could of course travel with AM, then I wouldn't need a fridge, she likes to travel at sub freezing temps. I would just have to camp somewhere that I could plug the microwave in to unfreeze it in the morning.

7. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Or stayed married if you kept leaving it on the living room coffee tables. Wives are kinda like that everywhere I guess.

8. Badbilly

United States
    Tried one bite of a gluten free pizza. No thanks.. Tasted like sawdust.

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    This fits I think.

lu.jpg

10. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I was going to ask BB how the hell do you know what sawdust tastes like. What do you do. Sit down and do taste tests. Then realized I know what sawdust tastes like. Now if you said tastes like shit, I would be suspecting you being a frequent attendee at the Castro Theatre.

11. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Ha Gator this is funny and this discussion is too. Recently I have been diagnosed, confirmed through testing, with a shizzy amount of food allergies including wheat so not just a gluten fad.

It really sux. Really effing sux. My bellybell feels better and I don't have my airways caving in on me anymore, but its been ridiculous finding out all the things I can't have. My doc said nothing boxed or canned for me any more.

Good beefsteaks aren't boxed or canned.

12. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

So anyways I've had the shizzy stuff to eat. Tastes like heaven after not having the real stuff for a while.

13. Badbilly

United States
    As ever, I am more than happy to address your questions. I am part Native American. We were the dudes who got Custer. I am of the Woodpecker Clan. Or, if ya wanna get sciencey aboot it, check oot genetic memory or just pop for one of those shitty pizzas. The really great pizzas are cooked in a wood fired oven.

I got a tour of the Castro Theater by one of the food writers for the San Francisco Chronicle. She lives in the Castro District. The Theatre since its inception starting as a candy store has gone through many changes including being on the gay agenda which seems to be what you are interested in. My reason on that particular trip to San Francisco was to do research on the Painted Ladies. Other times it was more economical to fly to San Francisco then on to Hawaii from San Francisco.

San Francisco has some great pizza too.

Other cities have their famous venues too. Seattle's Paramount Theatre is one such example. In an ironic twist The Paramount never had it's organ removed like the Castro.

14. Badbilly

United States
    Looks like she just fell off a carnival ride..or hates skeeters..

I think what we may have is a balance between the food fads and the anti-food faddists evidenced by taking a look at all the views from the pro and anti crowd that croak out at early age mostly from believing what they wrote.. that we are what we eat or don't eat. Even that one is mis-quoted..

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Euell Gibbons Comes to mind. Sometimes is just the cards you are dealt.

AM glad you figured out your allergies.

16. Badbilly

United States
    This from a Pizza joint in OZ:

Euell Gibbons Pie
    fresh mushrooms, red onions, bell peppers, black olives, artichoke hearts, fresh broccoli, and tomatoes piled on top of our marinara sauce, finished with a dash of extra-virgin olive oil and plenty of mozzarella cheese.

17. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Id eat that. Lol

18. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    My input after looking at all of this is that when I ride on a longer trip say two or three days out of my home. I pack the same as said, but I am usually the only one on two wheels. I pack a 3 man tent, a hiking sleeping bag that is very compact and rated at 20 degrees, a sleeping pad! and clothes for three days. But, compared to those that have a good experience and the temperament to ride in any condition that is not me. I have ridden in the past in a organized group setting that was set up for food and paid my share and did my share at a campsite. I like this rather than going alone. I usually camp in state or national parks areas in Utah and Colorado. I don't like the cheapo hotels because they may bring a bad element and my ride may not be there in the morning. When camping my bike is less than 3 ft away from my tent and any noise will wake me and my firearm and we both aware of any theft issue and in both cases I have friend or riding buddies with me to back this up.

19. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    The only real food allergy I have is to Wheat.
    But as far as I can tell, it only comes into play when it is used as a component in brewing.
    Weizen beer just kills me. Within 15 minutes of consuming one, I pretty much can't use my nose to breathe at all.
    No other beer ingredient seems to affect me that way. Bring on the Hops!

20. Badbilly

United States
    Me too! The whole menu from that joint looked good..

I think sometimes there should be a disease of the month club.