VFR Top Speed is ????

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Wu-Viffer, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cstmvfrguy

cstmvfrguy New Member

Map
    about 135 is about it for my 86 700 cause the sprocket mods. before that speedo indicated 145. speedos lie ,cops clocked me 125 a week later.

2. Baz3621

Baz3621 New Member

5th Gen VFR: Mine clocked 160mph racing a r6 and a BMW M3 then the front tyre went down:mad: not very nice but i kept it together............

3. Baz3621

Baz3621 New Member

5th Gen VFR: Mine clocked 160mph racing a r6 and a BMW M3 then the front tyre went down :mad: not very nice but i kept it together............

4. Yonan

Yonan New Member

Was on hwy 108 in CA. when I notice having to lean a little hard for a sweaper, looked down and was reading 135mph. In sixth gear hard to judge speed it was so relaxed and in cruise mode.

5. DaViffer

DaViffer New Member

Map
    On my former VFR ('02) I got the speedo up to 157, but don't know if that was accurate. Can't wait to see what my 2000 will do.:ncb:

6. MiddleAgeCrazy

MiddleAgeCrazy New Member

Map
    My 87

My 87 VFR 700 would indicate 140 MPH @ 1200 (?) feet altitude. I moved to New Mexico in 89 and was living between 5,000 and 7,000 feet elevation. I changed the stock rear sprocket from a 44 to a 43 and would get it to indicate 145 reliably. Once with a tailwind and some hot gas I got it to register 150 MPH.

My new ride has 17 miles on it. I just got it, it's a 08 VFR. I'M not too happy with the VTEC. I found this forum while searching for mods for it. The VTEC is a dog right off the line and doesn't have much juice till you see 6400 RPM. I'M pretty dissapointed. I wish I had rebuilt my 07 as it's still in the barn and just suffering from minor injuries after a low speed collision with a dog in October 2000.

We had a nice 70 degree day here in Kentucky on December 27th and I went to the dealer and signed my name a few times and rode home. I wish I had done more research now. Briefly I had the new bike to an idicated 105 MPH on the way home.

I'M not at all happy with this damn thing!

7. Mav777

Mav777 New Member

United States
    Map

Never had it happened but worried about that...how did bike hold together with flat front, could you come to controlled stop? Why did it go down? TIA

8. woody77

woody77 New Member

United States
    Map
    That's what I keep hearing from some of the VTEC owners (about half of them). Yet, that's what my '86 700 does. Wide open, it's kinda lugging until a bit over 6K, and then it feels like it's going lift the front tire as the torque jumps up a bunch as it climbs to 8K, and then it levels off and stays even to redline.

I saw a VFR700 or 750 dyno chart from an 86 or 87 about a year ago, and haven't been able to find it since. Torque was flat below 6Krpm, flat above 8K, and was a smooth ramp, nearly doubling from 6-8K.

And from the feel, I'd believe that.

9. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    If no obvious cause it may be a dodgy tyre valve spring. Centrifugal force at sustained high speed may cause it to sink allowing a little air to escape.

Know at least one track day regular who uses machined alloy valve caps with a little rubber seal a the top for that very reason.

10. MrDen

MrDen New Member

I've had my '07 at an indicated 145 on the speedo at 9,000 on the tach, so I believe she had a bit left. Not sure if I want to find out, however.

11. 14thfloorview

14thfloorview New Member

Map
    I have 01 and have done 165 on a road in a corn field in Delaware with me on it and i am 300lbs+
    fun as hell!
    ps. dont touch the brakes untill you are down to 125!

12. twowheelracer

twowheelracer New Member

I've been up to 125 MPH on my VFF 1 GEN. Had a bit more twist before WFO So I may have reached a ture 125.

13. cstmvfrguy

cstmvfrguy New Member

Map
    110 and it's a torq monster

14. MiddleAgeCrazy

MiddleAgeCrazy New Member

Map
    You must have changed your gearing at some point. AN 86-87, 700 is good for 145 (indicated).

15. cstmvfrguy

cstmvfrguy New Member

Map
    yeah -1+2 i love it.

16. yoda6669

yoda6669 New Member

Map
    yodasmile My max speed as of today is 149mph, taking my favorite strech on I-30E here in Dallas. I know it can go faster but I get kind of scared and let off the throttle. That was when stock, I havent tried it with all the changes I've doneto it (PC3 w/t O2 Elim., BMC filter, Pair Valve blocked, and gutted exhaust).

17. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    :helo:Here Joey, Joey, Joey Joey. Come on out now. Its all OK now.:helo:

18. chill

chill New Member

I saw a tick over 160 on I-20 outside of Atlanta past Conyers. But as many others have said when my spedo says 80 I am really closer to 75.
    That was also 6 or 7 years ago when my girl had alot less miles on her, and I had a bigger set of Cajones! But it was definately a RUSH!
    Also a couple of years ago Me and a friend who had a 2003 Mustang Cobra with a Kenny Bell supercharger putting out 573 hp and 543 lb.ft. at the rear wheels at altitude here in Colorado Springs, decided to play and we got noticed by the local authorities. The cobra went left I went right, the cop followed my buddy (I got lucky!) the cop estamated he was doing 130+, but the cobra was gaining on me!

19. Upstate GTI

Upstate GTI New Member

Map
    117 while decelerating. Don't have a clue how fast I was going before then :)

20. juice

juice New Member

Canada
    Map
    1994, just a hair over 145mph, I was impressed, never thought a 750 of comfort would do such a thing. Fastest I have been was on a 1992 Katana 1100, 306 kmh, the heavy old bitch just kept revving, I still to this day am totally amazed the thing could do it:eek:.