VFR as a second bike?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Coyote Chris, Jul 30, 2019.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Very good!! You're thought it out well, so I recommend you go for a VFR. They are what they are. I just don't understand why people get one then complain about their shortcomings. Every motorcycle is a compromise. Mine handles well enough (it's really the rider) to do mountain twisties all day long and has more power than I can use in that terrain. That pretty much fills my wants/needs. Glad to hear you're physically fit! I read too many complaints that narrow back to lack of fitness. A motorcycle is not a couch unless it's a Hardley and I don't really consider them valid motorcycles but that's another conversation. You'll enjoy the VFR!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Coyote Chris likes this.
  2. Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris New Member

United States
    A Harley Davison hard to glide? LOL! Never found one I wanted or fit me.
    Going to cycle ergo dot com I think all I need is for my riser to come in and I will be set. If not, Its a good thing I am an aircraft mechanic cause I can make one even if I need new hoses.
    Big foot on order, got a sw motech luggage rack coming...gotta decide on the sliders and which ones people like. Oh, and I have to find a thread on wind screens. So much to do. (If anyone needs pine cones, I have picked up 50,000 so far this year. Come and pick up all you want. You can see my pile from space.)
    cycle ergo.jpg

perfect storm - Copy.jpg

3. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats on the new wheels! Excited to get your impression after you get a few miles on the bike.

Coyote Chris likes this.
  4. Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris New Member

United States
    Off on the XT to central Idaho for a week and then I come back and pick up the bike. I will only have two weeks before I am off on the FJR for Reno but I will have time to ride a 100 miles or so and will give my impressions. Excited! (dont ever retire...you will loose all your free time....)

Zapp likes this.