VFR 1200 DCT Catastrophic Engine Failure at 17000 miles.

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Pitfox, Jun 3, 2016.

1. G_bear1206

G_bear1206 New Member

Ireland
    Hey. Do you mind if I ask the circumstances. I have just had a bearing drop on a 1200 engine 30000 on the clock year 2011 totally out of the blue. Really gutted at the moment.

2. Viktor Myller

Viktor Myller New Member

Finland
    Map
    Hey!
    I have read your article about the Honda VFR 1200 FD motorcycle. A very sad and at the same time happy ending.
    My bike has the same problem.
    How did you contact Honda Japan? What address? E-mail?

I have a Honda VFR 1200 FD year of manufacture 10.08.2012 50000 kilometers on the odometer.
    The motorcycle had stopped while driving. The tow truck has been taken to the repair shop and there it has been started with auxiliary power and turned off almost immediately because a sharp metallic sound was heard from the machine. After this, the oils have been removed and the filter split. Metal shavings (copper) were found in the oil filter and oil, which indicates a bearing failure - possibly the connecting rod bearings.
    The repair shop in question did not accept the motorcycle for repair, because they have not done anything similar to the device in question before.
    Authorized Honda dealer Finland also refused to repair.
    I started to disassemble the motorcycle and soon I will get the engine off.
    Thank you in advance.
    Kind regards, Viktor Myller.
    Finland

3. Viktor Myller

Viktor Myller New Member

Finland
    Map
    Hey!
    I have read your article about the Honda VFR 1200 FD motorcycle. A very sad and at the same time happy ending.
    My bike has the same problem.
    How did you contact Honda Japan? What address? E-mail?

I have a Honda VFR 1200 FD year of manufacture 10.08.2012 50000 kilometers on the odometer.
    The motorcycle had stopped while driving. The tow truck has been taken to the repair shop and there it has been started with auxiliary power and turned off almost immediately because a sharp metallic sound was heard from the machine. After this, the oils have been removed and the filter split. Metal shavings (copper) were found in the oil filter and oil, which indicates a bearing failure - possibly the connecting rod bearings.
    The repair shop in question did not accept the motorcycle for repair, because they have not done anything similar to the device in question before.
    Authorized Honda dealer Finland also refused to repair.
    I started to disassemble the motorcycle and soon I will get the engine off.
    Thank you in advance.
    Kind regards, Viktor Myller.
    Finland