Traveling in Oregon - Avoid this place and spread the word!

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Craig Wagner, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    :popcorn: You should have told the owner you're a Motorcyclist, not a "Biker"

2. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    We have a travel trailer in the mountains on a permanent site in a campground. The campground owners(who we are good friends with) do not allow loud bikes (or cars) past the office. You can camp or visit someone who is camping, but you have to park your bike at the office and walk down. They don't have any signs....they just tell people when they check in. They don't have any guidelines other than their opinion of what is too loud when it pulls up. People have the choice not to camp/visit if that bothers them, but most are ok with it. IMO I think this is a much better way of handling it than banning:ban: all bikers from your business. That's one reason I am keeping my stock exhaust, so I dont' have to park my baby up at the office.:wink: Besides, I'm too lazy to walk that far. LOL:nono:
    BTW, the campground owner is a motorcycle nut and owns six at last count. He has a Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Honda pacific coast, old honda 750, Kawasaki 1100 and a v-strom.:potstir:

3. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    I HATE those Buddhists!

LOL!!

4. heymike

heymike New Member

United States
    Map
    The last I heard about this was that AAA contacted the owner regarding the sign/ban. The sign was removed and the ban lifted. The story I heard was that a group rolled in and things got a little nuts. The owner didn't call the sheriff to handle it.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I heard it was "The Sons of Anarchy."

6. Craig Wagner

Craig Wagner New Member

United States
    Map
    First, this place is owned by a husband and wife, so "husband" or "wife" in the following represents one or the other of the owners.

The wife cited two reasons for enacting their ban:

1. A group of motorcycle riders checked in and another customer asked for their money back because they didn't want to stay there if there were motorcycles. Never mind that the motorcyclists in this case were law enforcement officers.

2. A different group were getting loud (the people, not the bikes). When the husband asked them to keep it down they told him to "F*** off." Of course, if you believe some of the reviews on TripAdvisor the owners are no strangers to using foul language themselves so it sounds like a bit of a "he said, she said" going on in this case. If it went down as the wife claimed they should have simply called the cops.

I explained to the wife that we are not "bikers", we are "motorcyclists." She indicated that their customers can't tell the difference and when they see bikes in the parking lot they get "intimidated." Pray tell, why should I spend a bunch of time trying to convince someone to let me give them money when they are not willing to take it?

Apparently AAA did have a talk with them and the sign is down. I'm still not going to spend any more money there, given that the place across the street is half the price. They have the right to refuse service, I have the right to tell everyone they engage in discriminatory practices and suggest other establishments in town that don't engage in those practices should be patronized instead.

7. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    If they don't want the business that's their choice. The camp I stay at by The Gap only allow people on motorcycles. If you're in a car, camper, truck, anything on more than three wheels (trikes allowed) you simple can't stay at this camp ground. The owner is catering to people on motorcycles because that's the kind of business she wants to run.

If these people only allowed people on motorcycles would you still be this upset?

The only thing I see wrong here is they wouldn't let the woman stay because she was in a wheel chair.

8. Badbilly

United States
    I heard they pushed the old woman in the wheelchair out in the middle of the highway at night in February, put a pool cue through the spokes in her wheelchair and left her there. They used what was left as a sign that they didn't allow old women in wheelchairs.

9. Craig Wagner

Craig Wagner New Member

United States
    Map
    This is awesome. I didn't know I could get so much free psychoanalysis as a result of written posts on a motorcycle forum. The fact that two respondents have been able to discern that I was "upset" and "bent out of shape" because I posted about a place that denies lodging to motorcyclists on a motorcycle forum as a public service is just amazing. You should really hang out a shingle and find a way to make a buck off of this.

And, for the record, if they deny access to anyone who is able to pay and doesn't cause trouble, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or mode of transportation then I would share that information with parties who I thought would be interested.

However, should I find any other businesses that discriminates against motorcycles I will be sure to avoid sharing that with the members of this board as many of you seem to be just fine with discriminatory business practices.

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    This past spring, Reggie put training wheels on my bike. So I have four. But it is still a bike isn't it so I can stay.

Serioulsy though, other than the very odd time when someone gets caught very late at night, I would just say fuggem and ride a few hundred feet down the road and spend my money elsewhere. But kuddos for posting this up so others are aware because if the owner continues this road, not only will there be signs saying "No Smoking" "No Pets" and "No Bikers", soon there will be a sign saying "No Business" too.

I would agree though, to them taking a stance and prohibiting peacocks.
    Now that I have said my piece, I gotta go figure out how to get them damned training wheels off

11. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    I heard when her husband Clark went inside to argue with the owners he tied her to the rear bumper (so she wouldn't roll away). When Clark drove off he had forgot about her. Everyone in the car couldn't figure out what that rattling noise was until he got pulled over by the cops. Poor little lady... Probably kept up for a mile or so...

12. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Good news is, she received her membership card to Augusta last week.

13. Badbilly

United States
    So if the outfit across the highway was half the price and was not discriminatory toward "bikers" why bother? If the place across the highway had bedbugs then maybe carry some DEET along. If you are looking for a quest about motorcycle discrimination in general or even specifically, try getting anything done to a VFR at a Harley Dealership.

I think maybe what you missed is that some of the "members" here are just messin wit ya.

14. Badbilly

United States
    We told granny to take her cell with her. This whole thing could have been avoided by texting at the double nickel.

15. Badbilly

United States
    What is not being reported is that Atlanta has no women's course. I wonder how many of the "good ol boys" quit in the last ten days or so..LOL

16. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Is this different than business' who forbid law abiding and permit holding conceal carry citizens from being on their property?

17. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    No the Buddists got banned too after lighting themselves on fire in the parking lot to protest the intolernace displayed to us "bikers".

BZ

18. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    You done did almost make me piss my pants when I read this yesterday.....hahaha. These folks mean bidness!

19. Badbilly

United States
    A group Buddists got busted in Eastern, Oregon after they set themselves on fire, for burning without a permit.

20. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Dam, makes me wanna go there just to lodge a complaint with the State. I can't believe that they can get away with that!