TourMaster Elite II 1 Piece Rainsuit

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by KC-10 FE, Apr 27, 2007.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

[​IMG]

http://tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=86&cat=8

It looks just like this & I paid $75 for it at a local dealer. It's marketed as a "Fit Over Your Gear" Rainsuit. It seems to be well constructed & the zippers are covered with a double flap. I got the one piece since every rider I talked to said you stay drier as opposed to a 2 piece.

PROS:
    Good quality construction, from what I've seen, most Tourmaster gear is pretty solid
    Looks decent enough for rain gear
    Two internal water-proof pockets inside the rain flap
    One pocket on the front of the thigh for whatever you need.
    Underarm grommets for circulation
    Comfy Collar
    Anti-Skid on the butt so you don't slip-n-slide when you get wet

CONS:
    Total pain in the ass to get into when wearing a bulky jacket (the 2 piece would not be a problem at all so you trade dryness for convienence)
    Total pain in the ass to get on over your boots
    Sizing is TOTAL BS! TourMaster's sizing chart says I should be able to wear a Large OVER my gear. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I absolutely recommend you go up one size. I had to get a XL & it still doesn't fit easily over my JR Speedmaster. I can get into it but it kills my F'd up shoulder to contort my way in. Getting it off wasn't so bad. The 2XL was like a freaking tent.

All in all, I need a decent set of rain gear. I wish there was actually a set on the market that really does fit like the manufacturer says so. Everything is either A.) total crap or B.) doesn't fit as advertised. The only set I've seen that is APARANTLY as good as it says is the BMW set I tried on. It looked like top shelf quality AAANNNDDD fit over my gear but it was $150 & looked like hefty bags.:eek:

KC-10 FE out...

2. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Thanks KC. I certianly could have used something like that the other day.
    How much storage do you figure you would need to keep it with the bike. (how small does it fold up)

3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

[​IMG]

I forgot to add, it does in fact come with a handy dandy storage pouch. When folded up for storage, the pouch measures 13"X11"X4". It will squish down to about 2". Obviously, if you decide to not use the supplied pouch, I think you could get it folded down even smaller.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

4. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I rain tested my rainsuit today. Torrential downpour type rain tested. I remained comfy & dry after 2.5 hours of non stop rain. This suit is absolutely worth the $75. It gets 2 :thumb:.

KC-10 FE out...

5. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    KC, if you ever get the chance you might want to try a Hein Gericke two-piece rainsuit.
    Personally, I prefer a two-piece because when I am on a trip and go into a restaurant I want to be able to take off my rain and leather jacket easily and leave on the rain pants.

Also I find the two-piece more comfortable than the one piece.

A big area of contention is the neck area where water can drip down from the helmet into your jacket. For that, I use to wear a thin rain hood that fit into the helmet and directed the water out and over the collar. I lost it and trying to find another one.

Be careful when browsing for rain gear. Some will say "water proof" when in reality they are "water repellent". Big difference.

When I had my M/C accessory business I tried lots of different "rain" gloves and finally came to the conclusion that cheap rubberized chemical gloves (with gauntlet) and cheap cotton gardening gloves inside (for warmth) worked the best.

Bring on the rain! :eek:

6. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    like this?

:thumb: :thumb:

:biggrin:

7. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I chose a one piece based on the logic that the less openings in the suit, the drier you'll stay. With a 2 piece, there is the chance that water can ride up the front of the jacket. Since my primary USAF uniform is a flight suit, I'm used to wearing a one piece outfit like this rain suit. I had the opportunity to buy the same Elite II rainsuit as a 2 piece but every motorcycle dealer & rider I talked to said 1 piece suits are better. I thoroughly believe that now.

I forgot to add in my last post, this rain suit fit OVER my Tourmaster Transition jacket with only minor contorsionism involved.

KC-10 FE out...