Totaled the VFR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Action, Mar 14, 2010.

1. SwitchBladeVfr

SwitchBladeVfr New Member

United States
    Map
    That is hilarious

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    +1 on the humor. Reminds me of a partner who put his cruiser sideways into a bridge years ago responding to something. He was in pretty bad shape. Broken neck. But in the hospital when they were about to install the catheter, he pipes up, "I think I wanna go home now!" He returned to work to fullfil his desire to become a K-( oficer, has walked off cliffs, been suddenly stranded in a snowy weather on a mountain side while having survival gear dropped down to him from a helocopter and God only know what else. And people say I am crazy. But my point here isonce you have defined your future goals, I am sure they will be met. And if it is on two wheels or not, you are still a member of this family.

3. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Heal well; in mind, body and spirit.

4. Junyr

Junyr New Member

Map
    Any word on how Actions recovery is going? I can't seem to find any new threads or comments on it.

5. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Guys,
    My recovery is going well. I got both casts off last week and have started rehab on my wrists. They are both pretty stiff and sore but they’re getting better. My right leg is also improving. I still have to use a cane but it will hold my full weight. I have to go in for xrays on my leg every other month for the next 18 months to make sure everything is healing up correctly. There is a chance the pins that go into the head of the femur could cause problems, but so far everything’s good. I’m going to therapy 3 times a week for my wrists and leg. They work me pretty hard but it’s well worth it. The eye Dr. cleared me to drive which is nice and I am hoping to go back to work next week.

The guy who caused the accident is underinsured so I have retained a lawyer and we are looking at options. I’ll post the final outcome once everything is settled.

I miss riding like a crack ho misses the pipe, but still no plans to get another bike. We’ll see in a year or two.

I’m posting up some xrays for those who are curious.

Action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    That looks fackin nasty. Glad you are healing. With that wrist, they are not going to let you anuwhere near any magnetic fields.

7. dcompson

dcompson New Member

Get well soon...

8. afpierce489

afpierce489 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, +1, get well soon. And keep us posted on the idiot that hit you and that situation.

9. AndyJ

AndyJ New Member

Wow that was quite a break! Glad life is starting to get back to normal for you!!
    I just read thru the whole thread, somehow I missed it in March, the whole shower scene thing is cracking me up. Gotta laugh sometimes.

10. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    Well Action I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I haven't really been on the site too much lately and I just now saw this thread. I am very glad you are okay. I have paid attention to your posts in the past as I have always found you to be knowlegable and helpful. I hope that even if you wait a few years or even never get another bike, that you will still visit us on this site and share your thoughts. Keep up your spirits and know that your in our prayers and thanks....

Brett

11. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Action - sorry about your wreck - hope you are healing fine. Get well friend.

MD

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Man, that first fracture is pretty gnarly. Ugh. Makes me think twice about riding... But I'm not sure what I would do to stir my soul if I gave up riding. I'm not too interested in hard drugs. I can't afford too many other hobbies. Hmm, guess I'll keep riding for a bit. Glad you are doing okay. That could have gone so much worse. Just working where I work and seeing what I see, I know how lucky you are even though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way. The fact that you can hunt and peck out a message to all of us here says a whole lot. The day in day out of seeing people with brain injuries because they don't think you need a helmet on a skateboard or bicycle can get to you after a while.

13. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Speedy recovery to you brother!

14. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Randy says this but I wonder if he ever told his wife about his lay down??? :)

Glad to have you with us still and hope you are able to do whatever makes you happy no matter what other people think.

15. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for all the comments! I just got cleared to go back to work so starting Monday, life should start getting back to normal. Everyone take it easy and keep the shiny side up.

Action

16. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I don't know if I have. But she would just shake her head anyways. Should have seen her reaction when she found out how fast I have been at 03:30.

Be good Action and Godspeed in your recovery. Getting back to work is definitely an important positive step forward.

17. Cundalini

Cundalini New Member

Map
    Action, I havent been on alot lately and I am sorry for sending my condolances coming so late.
    I am not the fastest "squidiest" rider out there, but I might just tone my game down a notch after seeing those x-rays.
    Grisly to say the least. Your sense of humor in light of the situation is comendable. I do not have an oppionion on your decision to give up riding. Even if I did, it wouldn't be my place to say.
    I wish you a speedy recovery. It will be a trial I am sure. We have never spoke personally but I have read alot of your posts, and I am sorry to see you went down. I am not surprised to see you recovering so quickly, however. I wish you the best of luck on whichever way you go. Sometimes it is easier to take a break rather then quit something "for good". Even if you wind up quitting something for good, it may be an easier transition to think of it as just taking a break.
    Anyways, I hate to see any rider down, especcially one from the same team, but its a good thing that you are going to be ok ( I am sure there is alot of hard work to come, but from what I have seen of you, you are resialiant and will beat this ).
    Ride? don't ride? Heal. I am one of the many that are glad you are alive either way.
    -Chris

18. TheUnnamed11

TheUnnamed11 Banned

Hey man. Same as the rest, im Glad your alive and functioning, bones can heal, dead cant. Good decision on wearing the gear.

since you mentioned it I actually would be interested in a few parts. PM me and I can let you know what I need and see how much you want.

19. e cabrera

e cabrera New Member

Hello Amigo

I havent read this post and I'm shocked with the post of the radiographs,
    Im sorry for the accident and hope you recover as soon as possible,I can understand why tou need to quit to bikes and it is a respectabkle reason, get well soon and keep in touch in our forum.

Best regards.

20. phobe

phobe New Member

Map
    You'll miss her but another great woman will come along.