Totaled the VFR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Action, Mar 14, 2010.

1. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Action,

I am so sorry to hear of your accident and injuries. In breaking both arms and your femur I know that you have a long road to recovery ahead of you...I wish you strength and a speedy recovery buddy. I was hoping to swing by and visit you next time I am in your area....I will still try to someday.

I understand about your wife's concern of you riding, and that is a decision between the two of you.

Be well and let me know if you need any assistance. I hope you had some hot nurses giving you a sponge bath at least! I will see about getting those Hooters girls to show up at your place to help you out......I will make sure they are "fresh" ones too..... :)

Adios mi amigo,
    Jason

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I laid down the law right from the get-go/simply put I told her "I will never not own a motorcycle as long as I am a living, breathing humanbeing". Getting a new wife is a bit harsh tho.

3. captb

captb New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to hear of the accident, hope you have a fast and full recovery.

4. tanrush

tanrush New Member

Glad you're doing better now. Hope it is a complete and speedy recovery.
    Best advice I saw in this thread "Revisit the issue in 6 months or a year, when you are fully fit and the dust has settled. Take it from someone who has been there, it's worth just sitting back and letting some time elapse".
    Like all big decisions make no decision until you're comfortable making it.
    Tom

5. Junyr

Junyr New Member

Map
    My thoughts are with you brotha...

6. jake691980

jake691980 New Member

I hate to hear about your accident I hope everything works out in your favor.

7. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    somewhere near Seattle, but my heart is just north
    Map
    There's 2 kinds of riders. Those that have crashed & those that haven't .......yet.
    welcome to the club. very sorry to hear about your left turner. that's what got me. It all happes so fast......

I hope you heal up well & PleasePleasePlease do ALL your rehab. you can probably be good as new, if you do.
    Good luck w/ your lady too. some things change over time.

keep us posted - we all care for you.

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    sorry to hear about your gravity check man. damn that isaac newton... hey, when you get some time, how about some pictures of your gear and tell he how you think it did in comparison to the severity of the accident. Where do you think the leg broke (not on the bone, I mean against the road, the bike, the car) With that number of breaks, it sounds like a pretty bad accident to me. I have never broken a major bone AFAIK... Sure wouldn't want to break 3 biggies. Daniel Tosh (a comedian) was talking to someone on his show once about breaking both arms and he said "Putting on a shirt was the worst. Well that, and wiping." or something like that... Take it easy, get a two beer hat with long straw and watch the tube I guess. Hey, how did you type that message?

9. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    GET well, soon, Bunky. Healing will come with time.

It's sad to hear that anyone crashed, especially one of our guys.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  10. buzzy

buzzy New Member

Sorry to hear that you world was turned upside down, Action. I hope your recovery is speedy.

11. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I have been injured very badly myself and it will heal and get better, easy to say I know but it will.Wanted to punch more than a couple of fuckers that told me that , but it is true. If you hang it up, I for one will understand . Had the same chat with my wife more than once. Good luck , take care and rest is under rated with injuries like you have. She may be right.

Toe.

12. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Action...................I am sooooo sorry to hear about your mishalf, I am glad you are with us.
    As for the bike take care of yourself first. You can always get one later on and hide in your neighbor garage :)
    Get well soon bud. Keep us posted about your recover.

13. humvee

humvee New Member

Man, I had the same thing happen to me years ago. The dreaded left turn SOB but I didn't even have time to lay the bike down. Compound fracture leg, hand w/broken bones and severed tendons, multiple lacerations, etc. Totalled my CBR600 and it was a hit and run, so only my insurance kept me covered.

Most of my family threatened to disown me if I ever got back on another bike. Recovered 100% but it took me years to ever put two wheels back on pavement. I was more worried about being able to work. Did a lot of dirt bike riding, but it's just not the same. I am older, wiser (?), and ride with 100% gear on, but the fact is, knot heads drive big weapons.

I'll echo the understanding of your reluctance to put yourself out there again, but I like to think the odds are now in our favor! :biggrin:

Good luck with your recovery.

14. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks everyone for the kind words, they mean a lot. Reg - I thin I broke my leg against the car. When I woke up in the ambulance the EMTs said I was mostly under the car and they initially called it in as a fatality. My gear did what it was supposed to. I slid about 30 feet at about 40 MPH and suffered NO roar rash. Big plug for Shark helmets, it literally saved my life.

On a more humorous subject, Derstuka mentioned sponge baths and nurses. My first full day at Rehab the occupational therapist (young/hot/petite) walked in and asked if I would like a shower (keep in mind that I’m 6’4’’ and about 220 lbs). With my wife in the room I say sure but hold up both broken arms and then point to my leg which won’t hold any weight. She says I’ll be right back and comes back with my physical therapist who could be her hotter sister. So they wheel me into the shower, strip me naked, and are working on transferring me onto a shower chair the size of a postage stamp. I’ve got both arms sealed in trash bags and my right leg all taped up to protect the staples. Everyone (both nurses, my wife, and me) are kind of dancing around trying to get my from a standing position onto the stool without grabbing anything you’re not supposed to or hurting me. I looked up and said – Last time I thought about having 3 hot girls in a shower it turned out a lot different. Everyone cracked up and the nurses laughed so hard they about dropped me.

Action
    PS - Please excuse the spelling, the breaks in am arm are right above my wrist and the casts make typing a hunt and peck affair..

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  15. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Action, that's the best story i heard in a long time. Ya da man.

16. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    So sorry to hear about your accident, left turner sent me airborne as well, sucks. Glad to hear you were crackin jokes in the hospital even all banged up man. Speedy recovery sir, good luck with the wife.

17. karazy

karazy New Member

Canada
    Map
    Ouch, %#!* cagers. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery. Great shower story.

As hindsight is 20/20, any words of wisdom to pass on, or is it too fuzzy?

"I think I should have turned left in Albuquerque." - Bugs Bunny

:crazy:

18. SwitchBladeVfr

SwitchBladeVfr New Member

United States
    Map
    +1 Glad your OK, did the samething 1980, told myself I would never ride again, lasted about two years, about as long as it took me to recover. Its not the easy to walk away from riding, I hope if that’s what YOU want then more power to ya but I'll tell ya every spring my right wrist would get the throttle twisty and 30 years later, many broken bones later, I still run the Dragon.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  19. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Very sorry to hear of another 5th gen biting the dust. Glad you came out on top...for the most part. Good luck on a speedy rest of your recovery.
    On the bike vs wife subject, ride your own ride.

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    That hillarious, Thanks for sharing :)