Thinking About Buying A 1994 Honda VFR750

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Stephen6096, Aug 1, 2015.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    congrats.... I hope don't take your hands off the bars while decelerating going down through 40ish it loves to head shake.

2. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

Well, only about 180 miles was from the drive which is why I said most of it and the drive ended up being almost 3 hours.

Also even if what you said was true for 300 miles in 2 hours that is only 150 miles per hours and mach one is about 750 miles per hour or so. Therefore it is no even close to mach one.

3. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

Just why exactly do you want to be the troll of the year? Also there is a difference in being a troll and then pretty much saying that you hope someone breaks down, gets hurt due to things breaking down, and saying that someone will go broke. That is not being a troll, thats being rude and inconsiderate of others on the forum.

4. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

To anyone that has requested pictures I will send them to you in a private message tomorrow or on monday when I get back home.

Thanks for being respectful and helpful.

~Stephen

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    My Mach 1 is faster and you got my vote :thumbsup: ; )

A plastic dipped bike? Seen cars with the stuff, $1700 seems a bit high. AnywhO...oh...btw, I was gona buy a 94 and missed out on it becuase my wife had my car with trailor hitch, this precipited going out the next day and getting a trailor hitch for my Jeep. Never got that Gen4 bike, probably waited a few years before I struck gold and got another Gen3 bike.

Patience is a virtue, and condition condition condition rings. Good chain sprockets which you dont wana cheap out on is pushing $300 bucks

Oh, you bought it. Congratulations! VELcomE to dah Forum

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

I got it for $1400 which from what I have seen is not too bad on price. That sucks you missed out on the fourth gen.

Condition other than the minor body work is excellent. The sprockets look almost new and have barely any wear, which is good considering how much they are ad like you said that is something you definitely can't go cheap on.. I tightened the chain up to within spec this morning at about .75 inches of slack.

So far I love the bike and hopefully you can get a good deal on a 4th gen soon to add to your list of bikes.

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I want to be troll of the century, I love blood and guts and parts dudes and all those things that make a bike break down. I love Harleys most of all. I am the fastest dude here, use Slick 50 in my bikes; all 224 of them and I get 25-30,000 miles out of a set of tires. I not only like loud pipes but I run all my bikes without mufflers, go as fast as I can in school zones and kick dogs.

8. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Billy's also one of the more knowledgable around here when it comes to paint and plastic repairs. If you decide you want to fix that thing the "right" way, you want him on your side. If you want to use a rattle can and be sensitive, I recommend putting him on your ignore list before he hurts your feelings.

Let's see pics of this bike!
    :worthless:

If the rear shock is OEM, I will put money on the table that it's shot. Best money you can spend, assuming there are no safety issues, is rebuild or throw that shock in the trash!

9. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

Definitely did not plan on using a rattle can unless it was temporary but that would just make more of a mess for later.

Also thanks for advice on the shock. Is there a way to tell if it is OEM?

10. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

I can say that I am the same way on that, except for the breaking down part haha that I dont like.

Maybe I'm just being butthurt since I am new to the forum and wasn't expecting to be trolled.

Hopefully later on if I need some tips on the plastic repairs you might help me.

11. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Congrats on the vfr. I love my 4th gen.
    Do go through wiring though. It will pay dividends.

12. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Do some searching for the cbr929 shock conversion. Google "site:vfrworld.com 929 shock"

13. Badbilly

United States

Any 20 year old motorcycle even if properly stored is going to need work. Take care of the mechanical and electrical stuff and then worry aboot the cosmetics. In the interim I will keep pushing old ladies in wheelchairs off my toll bridge and doing other fun stuff.

In trade , tell us when your 300 peso budget is MIA, and I will throw on my cape and mask once again to become PlasticMan. Even us plastic dudes go for ATTGAT.

14. desktopdave

desktopdave New Member

United States
    Map
    I've never upgraded a shock, but I've heard that you can't do much better than have JD build you a shock. Here's a good thread. Enjoy!

Not to pressure you or anything...but now that you've gone and taken the plunge...post some pics, for crying out loud! TTIWWP! I'll help by posting a pic of my bike:
    [​IMG]
    It's the little pink one in the right upper corner.

BB is totally honest IMHO, though he can be a wee bit harsh at times. S'OK, at least he's on our side. Just adds to the flavor of the board.

15. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Dave, is that an old Honda Sabre underneath that tarp next to it? Did you ever finish that or still a work in progress? I almost bought one of those years ago but wound up with the 85 VFR instead. Always like those bikes. Any pics if you did restore? thx.

16. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

That is true with almost anything. But from the way I see the bike it should only be minor items such as chain and sprocket and other preventative stuff.

And when I do call on PlasticMan I think w air all gonna have to see pics of that outfit haha.

17. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

I'll try to get some pics of in a few minutes but I am currently out of town and have no computer just an iPad and I am not sur how to post pics from it. Maybe I will be able to do it or maybe not but hopefully I can.

18. Badbilly

United States

19. Stephen6096

Stephen6096 New Member

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

These are the pictures that were sent to me when buying the bike and show the extent of the damages which is not real bad except in two spots. First being the headlights are that he decided to make into one piece. It can be easily cut and be back into 3 with no damage done. Second, being the left middle fairing which had cracked and he repaired but did not put enough in some areas and did not sand down in the other parts. Also along with that is the tabs on the upper left fairing that connect to the middle fairing are semi-broken, just cracked in the middle so they dont hold the middle fairing up as well.

Other than those things which you have to be fairly close to see or looking for it, it is in pretty good shape even though it being dropped before. Although it wont be too hard to fix i'm gonna drive it for a while first since the damage isnt to bad.

I will try to get some other pictures of it in a few days and post them.

THanks, Stephen.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  20. Guaire

Guaire New Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats on the new VFR. Now get yourself to roadster cycle.com and immediately buy the regulator/rectifier. You're driving a time bomb.
    Cheers,
    Bill