they told me it would happen and now i believe

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by 2000ex, May 1, 2007.

1. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    First Im glad your ok and the concrete had knocked some sense into you. Second being a part time EMT I see what happens to accident victims (not pleasant). Yes wearing a helmet is way cool. Let me also point out that Liam Neelsons wife who was skiing and "bumped", her head but she felt fine afterword. And she fell on snow (or packed snow). Helmets are very helpful in an accident but there is never a guarentee. Get checked out by the EMS personnel even if you do feel "fine" after bumping your head. Yes your already embarrased about crashing and you dont want to add insult to injury but let the EMS people give you the once over and you could live to ride another day. ATGATT is not only cool but will save you money from a hospital visit. Ride safe.

2. ZEN biker

ZEN biker New Member

think of them like water, take it for granted that its there, but skipp along it like a skipping stone and then you will understand the term " ive got my ass in a sling"

BTW, layed my friends dirt bike down, no padding save my hide and the shorts they cut off me, helmets are not an option

3. mrs001

mrs001 New Member

Really glad your ok 2000ex and glad you shared your disaster with us, i always say cool costs, glad you learnt and the cost was cheaper for you going down can hurt when fully geared in leathers and helmet but usualy a lot less remember. to stay upright you can get further that way :thumbsup: