The Motus: V4 Sport Touring Bike, US Made

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Fazer1Sniper, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Both links you put up started with Harley ads.. YIKES.. Good stuff.. Maybe Seattle will have MOTUS or two to ride someday. Probably see some in the MS parking lots too.

The 351 Cleveland is a great engine. Had one in a Ford Explorer until a guy ran a boulevard in front of me.. Other than not so great on fuel consumption the engine was trouble free. Aboot 200K miles on it and still running strong.

A couple of other Ford engine rides were the Sunbeam Tigers and some of the very early AC Cobras.. Sidebar: A guy I met in school had a Sunbeam Tiger. He was an Industrial Engineering Major. Jerked oot the smallblock Ford and stuffed in the big Lincoln V8 also used in some of the mid 60s Ford factory muscle cars. Not much room left when he got done with that one..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    lol, yeah the HD ad's surprised me too. lmao.
    I had a 72 Cougar with a 351 c in it, Offenhauser intake, big ass Holley 4 barrel carb and headers with loud mufflers. Fun times.

3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    The rims are stock, 21' front and 17 rear. I would like to hear that motor, i love the sound of the FMF while on the gas. A lot of guys put a stock GSK 1000 can on the DR's.

4. Badbilly

United States
    Random HD ads? I don't think so..

I had Cougar problems when I was younger too.. 72 was a very good year. ;)

5. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Are you talking about that 40 year old red head divorcee or the Mercury? lol

6. Badbilly

United States
    She was driving a Ferrari.. Makes for good story no?

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Just about impossible to do her in a Ferrari........ Just about.

8. Badbilly

United States
    Having had two VW bugs. Yes, there are cars that have degrees of difficulty.

9. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Boy did this topic take a couple of crazy turns................

Try it in an Isetta with a redhead..........:anonymous:

I think of the Motus as an American Hot Rod on two wheels. I like the looks of the old drag style type bikes that ran the streets years back. It's an all American street fighter, that can tour too.

10. Badbilly

United States
    How bout a divorced midget redhead in a Fiat Abarth?

Yeah.. A Hotrod.. good call. Gotta say that pushrods may not be the thing today but they are low maintenance. Never much cared for buzzy engines anyway in streetbikes.

Maybe a MOTUS/ Buell thing sometime?

11. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    How about in a Seat with a brunette in Spain? About as small as the Isetta.

What's this thread actually about again?

12. Badbilly

United States
    The thread was aboot the MOTUS but since most of what was said was dated, conjecture, opinion, regurgitation and not one hands on example from the peanut gallery, we turned to other time consuming delights enjoyed by motorcycle enthusiasts. (most) ;)

We now resume the programming and another short example of twin divorcee midget redheads in a Messerschmitt.

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Now that would be interesting, then it would truly be an all American Buell bike.

14. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  15. Badbilly

United States
    The basic "about" (aboot) of the thread is the MOTUS and several years worth of posts from various sources. To understand what is going on one should read over the entire thread. Reposting or regurgitation of press releases however detailed or slick is not what is real. These dudes are paid journalists. Badmouthing a company about thier product or in some cases a negative aspect to a review, roadtest or "shootout (shootoot) will get ya on the shitlist real quick. Hence, the professional drift of most "first ride" vids, promo spots ect.

This especially from the American "press" Used to be the Brit press would dump on what should have been dumped on in the first place but not even that seems to be dwindling. As a reference to that, take a look as even 10% of the current scams perpetrated on the great unwashed out (oot) there.

IOW the peanut gallery here may be just a little more or even less fact than some of the shit on the net that should not be believed just because it's there.

All this goes back to some old Chinese guy who said in Chinese, "Don't believe everything you see on the ricepaper scrolls there grasshopper" .

My Chinese is a little rusty so sorry bout (boot) that.

What I want to see is for maybe Gator or OOTV to take one of these puppies around the block a time or two without (withoot) being PR'd or otherwise influenced by anything other than climbing on a real production and available bike and telling it like it is. I'd even go for a few words from Norcalboy if he could get a ride on one. This would hinge on him being able to not piss off the guys at the dealership telling them how fucking important he is to the master plan..;)

I think you mean a Siata and I meant the original menage a trois with henna'd lovelies , not in one the loaded up pages showing the new Fiat Abarths but the ones that were aboot half the size and didn't look like rejected Keeblers cookie boxes.

16. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Billy I agree about journalists, especially in the States. You do get better more transparent journalism in the UK but it is not the same anymore either. You have to learn to read between the lines of what they say. Like if they say " Could use a tad more power" that means its a dog. Or "its a few more pounds than X brand", that means its at least 50 lbs. It seems every article says a bike is the next best thing since sliced bread. All that being said I think the Motus is probably a well made bike with some impressive parts and numbers. When they come south I will write up a no bullshit review. I'll peak in the closet.

17. Badbilly

United States
    Got a bud who is an author. Several books on Harleys. Was an editor for Janes.. Rides a Moto-Guzzi.. One of those guys that until the switch is turned on makes ya think he's just your average Joe.. He has stories about junkets that are shall we say, enlightening.

A couple of tastes meself on writing up some farkles and coming home with same just for a few words in the "right" places.

One of those trips from the USA to places unnamed across the pond where if pizza is served it don't come outa no box and the vino aint from a box either and the choice of blonde,brunette or redhead is the selection of after hours entertainment. In other climes we might have some mods featuring sushi, sake and spinners...

The Brit mags were also stiff upper lip funny whether lauding or tap dancing on a bike review. USA reviews seem of late to run to a similarity of being etched on a stone tablet and hauled down some big sandpile somewhere.

Thank God we still have the French who are in their reviews consistent in that if it ain't French, it sucks... ;) Please pass the Champagne, pate and the courtesan on the left...

One of "ours" had a comment on the engine package being associated with Chevvy..More Caddy as I recall.. maybe that North Star engine? No dog that one...

18. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    So they got free farkles for saying the right things? I'm so surprised! lol

19. Badbilly

United States
    I hope you didn't really think those umbrella chicas were just there to hold parasols.. ;) I'm waiting for the folks across the pond to catch on to our pro ball cheerleader types for pre stage entertaining on race days.

20. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    this is some king of foreign Language maybe French!