Summer bbq?

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by Viffer2003, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Huh...that's where I work, the company I work for just built a big building out there at the corner of Day Hill and 187

2. bbwong

bbwong New Member

I also flipped burgers at the McD's on Rt. 57(? - maybe 75?) by the Big Y's and some kind of hardware store. We are talking 1990-91. Never made it to Riverside but could hear the races from where my sister lived. Agawam really is a nice little town.

3. chris2711

chris2711 New Member

Map
    I totally forgot about the BBQ on 8/29.
    My wife and I were supposed to close on a house 8/21 but the deal fell through. it was a forclosed property and turns out the bank we were in the P&S with didn't have a legal right to sell the house. So we are going crazy right about now.
    I think I'm out for 8/29 because if I go riding instead of looking at houses....
    you know what will happen.

I'll see if my wife and I can make it for 9/12.

4. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Small world...90-91 was high school for me, and I lived about 2 miles form that Mc D's so I ate there a million times. I'm sure we crossed paths and didn't even know it. I used to love going down to Riverside to the races, good times for sure. That's all gone now, 6 Flags took over Riverside and took the raceway out for room for more rides :frown:

Chris, no sweat about 8/29, hope you guys can make it 9/12! Agreed, gotta take care of the house situation before you ride. My cousin and his wife just closed and it actually went very well, so hope the same luck follows you guys!

5. Fennec

Fennec New Member

Roadtrip

Hello everyone!

I may be in the area of Springfield Friday for the weekend... Ill let you know later this week if I will make the meet for 8/29..

Luis

6. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

sounds good! Keep checking back in, as we near the weekend we'll have some updates out there. Looking like a possibility of rain now, but too far to call it. I only trust weather reports 24 hours in advance lol...and not even them sometimes!

7. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    Im in on 9/12

8. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

sweet, it's gonna be a good day, I can feel it now :thumbsup:

9. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Ok...I know there were still a couple of us that seemed to be able to get out this Saturday, 8/29. (The ride / BBQ is still on for 9/12, and from a rough count it looks we have about 10 guys or so, hopefully more!)

I watched the weather this morning for this Saturday and they don't seem to have a grasp as to what will be yet. Hurricane Danny is coming up the coast and a cold front is coming in from the west (wow, don't I sound like a weather man lol?). Howthey mix will dictate what we get for weather. Worst option is a crappy rainy windy day. Best option seems to be hit or miss showers.

I'll ride in the slop, but if it's just pouring buckets all day, I guess I could deal without that. So, for the guys that may be able to make a ride this Saturday 8/29 - what do ya think?

10. bbwong

bbwong New Member

Did you guys get out Saturday or was the weather sh!tty?

11. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

naaa, weather was total crap. Raining when I got up and kept raining all day. 9/12 better be nice out!

12. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    Hey Chris,

What time do you foresee us riding on 9/12?

13. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Hey buz, I usually like to get out on the early side to beat the traffic. However, we have a couple / few guys that have quite a bit of slab to cover to get here so I was thinking of meeting up around 10 or so to give them a chance to get here without getting up at 3am lol

14. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    Exactly, I don't want to leave out the guys 'going the distance'. I have until about 12.30 - 1 o'clock or so. If ya'll don't mind, I may mention the ride to my buddy with the 750SS. The more the merrier, no?

15. bbwong

bbwong New Member

Coming from NJ, I hope to be on the road 6-6:30. It'll be about 200 miles so figure 3 hours, give or take, will have me rolling in around 9:30-10:00. So far I haven't had any other Jersey folks up for the ride so I might even be able to hit the road a little earlier. The more the merrier - though I don't speak for the host!

16. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Heck yeah man, the more the merrier. we can't punish him just because he didn't buy a vfr :biggrin:

I figure if we all meet up at 10ish, do a nice loop we've got here (thanks to 02VFR RIDER :thumbsup:), grab some food along the way and take a break or 2, should get us back late afternoon or so. Fire up the grill, get a little fire going in the pit to negate the freggin bugs and relax. I'll grill up some food, have some sodas, beer for those that want, etc. Pool has gone from 82 degrees to low 70's with the cooler nights we've had the past few days, so that's getting closed this weekend. It's gonna be sub-70 soon, and that's just not fun at all :eek:

Maybe you (Butzip) can hang for the first part of the ride and split then? If you can come back later, cool - bring the wife if ya want. I know you said you guys had something going on, but if it works into the plan, all are welcome.

17. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    Sounds good to me. Hey are you up for Springfield or a ride tonight after work? Let me know.

18. Viffer2003

Viffer2003 New Member

Man, I'd love to...I have a guy here at work from out of town and I need to take him out tonight to entertain him though. If I know him as well as I think I do, he's gonna be handfull - I'll have to wipe the glitter off my clothes after a "night out" with him :rolleyes:

What about over the weekend? We're moving the kid into college tomorrow and Sunday, family thing Sat afternoon but I'm free earlier Saturday or Monday - does that work?

19. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    I'm covered up all w/e :mad: half work, half play but no bikes.....

20. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

weather looking good so far for 9/12
    I am willing to meet anyone coming in from CT or NJ in East Hartford CT around 8:30am
    please contact Viffer2003 and I'll keep in touch w/ him
    I am on Vacation and will not be cking site.