South CA Bike Nights, One in Particular

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by PyroMcnoob, Jul 12, 2009.

1. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

Hey folks, just wonderin' if any of ya ride in the Riverside/ Corona area? I live in Wildomar (near Murrieta and Elsinore, for you locals) and frequently make rides into Riverside cuz a few of the bike nights out there are cool. I especially love Zorba's on Tuesday nights (it's off the 215 at Center st and Highgrove)... I do kinda wanna make a reference to a place in particular though...

Galaxy Burger in Riverside is tryin' to make a comeback... the owner of the place bought a huge plot of land specifically for bike nights, and it thrived for about 9 years. Even the local fuzz got into it, brought bikes out, showin' up and tellin' folks the music was, get this, too quiet :thumbsup: Often in the summer there'd be approx. 1,000 bikes there every Friday... Then about a year ago some 17yr-old punk tried to stunt, wrecked, and his daddy sued everyone... Cops were forced to come down hard and shut down the event... Fast forward, it's a year later and the owner now has permits for everything...
    Point is, the owner set the place up for folks like us, who live on 2 wheels and enjoy the hell out of it. I love this place, and all the folks who remember it before the fall wanna see it rise again... So if you're in the area, and wanna enjoy some good food and company, show up to Galaxy Burger off the 60 at Archibald, any Friday night around 7/7:30... Even if you're not immediately in the area, hit me up and maybe we can make it a group thing :biggrin: I'd love to meet some of the great folks from VFRWorld and see 'em support a worthy cause...

2. NomadBeach

NomadBeach New Member

I was wondering if the Friday night bike night is still happening at Galaxy Burger in Riverside. I live in the South Bay and if it is still happening I might try to make it out some Friday night.

3. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

last I checked it was... I haven't been in a while, cops were givin' some flak... but I might be headin' out there soon...