Solo seat cover hardware vf1000f

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Eastbike, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Eastbike

Eastbike New Member

Canada
    Hi! First post and all that good stuff.

I crashed my 84 vf1000f last summer and have been slowly putting it back together, should be ready to test ride on Wednesday.

While ordering parts I came across a Solo seat cover for 50 dollars Canadian, couldn't pass that up! But alas the mounting hardware was not included.

I can fabricate what needs to be made, but the issue is I have no idea what the hardware looks like.

Could anyone share a picture of the hardware either in or out of a bike so I can have a starting point? It would be greatly appreciated!

2. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    Hello Eastbike....I have one on my F.... The hard part is the locking mechanism on the back. Give me a couple of days and I'll take some pics....

3. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    Eastbike, sorry I've been busy. I'll get those pics to you this weekend.....

4. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    ok here we Eastbike....

Top of the seat cowl, this little plastic mechanism locks the cowl in place. The little lever unlocks the seat from the frame.

Close up

You have to make a hole in the seat to get the mounting screws into the nut that you install on the inside of the seat.

This is the the lock set with the plastic locking tip that goes into the plastic mechanism in the first pics. Top is where your key unlocks the cowl.

The kit comes with four "blocking" plates that secure where the stock passenger grab rial goes bolted to the frame.

If you need pics of the underside of the set I can get some for you. Those are basically L brackets that bolt to the seat pan so you can secure the barrel that hold the bolts to the middle of the seat. I hope I didn't confuse you.... Let me know if you need better pics or pics of anything else.

5. Eastbike

Eastbike New Member

Canada
    That's fantastic! Thanks!