So is this the new 2010 VFR??? What do you guys think...

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by PARedVFRRider, Dec 3, 2008.

1. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    A friend with a Japanese wife told me yesterday he found a headline on the Honda Japan website stating the VFR will cease being made in Japan, the headline didn't mention if they were moving VFR production off shore.
    :unsure:

2. MiddleAgeCrazy

MiddleAgeCrazy New Member

Map
    i never rode one but had seen a few of the 85 Vf1000R's. A guy I knew that had a stable of bikes said it was top heavy and downright dangerous.

However if there was a VFR1000 that had male slider forks and decent styling and not portly fat weight, I'D sure have to take a hard look.

3. MiddleAgeCrazy

Map
    Knowing by the serial number that my new 08 had rolled off the line in Hammatsu and not Ohio was a selling point to me.

4. MiddleAgeCrazy

Map

Holy Shit Batman!! If this is true the value of my new 08 is STRONG!!!

5. julianivfr

julianivfr New Member

Canada
    Map
    Must we go through this bullshit all over again? I know winter without our bikes is painful, but jeez, enough is enough.

6. MiddleAgeCrazy

Map
    My dealer says he hasn't been able to order one yet.

7. Spike

Spike New Member

uhhh, no VFR's were made in Ohio

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I kind of took it like he was saying the quality is better having been made in Japan rather than in the US somewhere. I don't think he actually was meaning Ohio, but I could be wrong...

9. Interceptor1

Interceptor1 New Member

10. White Chocolate

White Chocolate New Member

United States
    Map
    We will see I guess. Maybe I will hold off on buying another bike and wait for this thing. Should have the bike paid off by the time this next bike comes around if it does. If not I will just get something else I guess. But only honda.

11. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    I still find it interesting to read everyones opinions of the next gen VFR. Whether or not Honda actually makes one or not is irrelevent for me actually because I just can't seem to justify spending the crazy a$$ money on a new one when the older VFR's are so well made anyway. At least in my mind they would have to show a BIG performance/safety gain over the current new and used VFR's. Updated styling? Whats not to like about any years of the VFR so far, each has it own beauty and attractions. Just my thoughts... :crazy:

12. jay956

jay956 New Member

i dont like the sound of an "RR" VFR, i dont associate a RR bike as something to ride everyday and for long distances.

13. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    But the V4 motor is perfect for everything. It does well on the track (a lighter chassis would be perfect) and is very usable on the road as well. Screaming down backroads, loaded down on the interstate, or putt'ing around town, I almost love it more than a twin. Hopefully they will build several models with similar V4 configurations. If the R1's new engine pulls it away from the competition, Honda will have no choice but to do some drastic changes to its current I4 sportbikes.

14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    my feelings exactly, and if you are like me, you have probably changed your bike to be even more suited to the way you like to ride... i.e. I have racetech internals up front, penske out back, stell braided brake lines, 2bros pipe, K&N, PC, etc...

15. jay956

jay956 New Member

i was thinking more of the ergos rather than performance. rr just doesnt say comfortable to me

16. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

Of course with sales of all vehicles, especially motorcycles in the dumper, I wouldn't hold your breath for some new and revolutionary VFR- I think Honda blew their load for the year on the Fury...

17. WheeeFR

WheeeFR New Member

Map
    Having spent over 30 years in the automotive design industry, I can tell you that a company that stands still is a company that will wither and die. R&D never stands still and you will see new ideas and products regardless of the economy. Honda will release products that they feel will sell well and maximize profits. Hopefully quality will not be compromised. I don't think that will happen. In the interim, there will be many good deals on current bikes.

18. Mainjet

Mainjet New Member

United States
    Map
    We are talking about Honda after all; I'm sure they have substantial cash reserves. Honda came out with the stellar Elsinore models during the early seventy's recession, & then the original interceptor coming right after the early eighty's recession. They seem to introduce revolutionary bikes during hard times. I'm hoping for 150 horsepower, 400lbs,1000cc, V5, traction control, adjustable windshield, fully adjustable USD forks, radial mount brakes, adjustable bars, satellite TV, non linked ABS, & blue paint.

19. lang7008

lang7008 New Member

Map
    Maybe I am getting old but that bike looks like its getting away from the past and current vfr mission statement. Am I crazy? If I want a full on sporty I'll buy and RR. No thanks I keep my 6 gen. Just say not to gen 7 if it looks like that.

20. Nomus

Nomus New Member

It just wouldn't make any sense to develop a new VFR along the RR lines, that's what CBR's are for. Like Lang mentioned, if "sport" is what I'm looking for, I'll buy a CBR or a Gixxer etc. Honda needs to remember to include the touring aspect in the VFR. And oh yeah, the bike in the pic that started this thread....absolutely awful.