Should I get a Ninja 1000, 2015 VFR800, or just modernise my 1995 VFR750

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by JIMLARCH, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Visit the Ape Tuono forum.

2. J800VFR

J800VFR New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Just to clarify, I have a 1999 VFR 800 FiX, pre auto-choke, no catalytic converter, no ABS.

It does have Harris rear-sets, Ohlins shock, maxton revalved front forks, heated grips, USB charger point, reg/rect upgrade, Scott chain oiler, LED lights, handlebar risers, crash bungs, carbon fibre hugger & chain guard ,Givi Monokey luggage & Sargeant two part seat.

Future mods include daytime running light conversion for front indicators 9with smoked lenses and dual colour LED's) and the Smart Turn cancelling system.

Love the bike and now saving my pennies for a Dynojet Commander

3. CaptGarvin

CaptGarvin New Member

United States
    Map
    Like when the Corvette stopped using fold down headlights, when the VFR800 stopped exiting twin pipes out the back she lost some of the sex appeal looks(only word I could think of), I’ve had 2002 model since new, best mods were delinking brakes, adding QS(mainly for laziness, but man it’s fun when aggressive). I have wondered about getting 2014 model and if would be possible to modify swapping out rear part of bike with mine, just pixie dream

4. thtanner

thtanner New Member

United States
    Map
    IMO the under-tail exhaust was a misstep by Honda.

Added too much weight up high. Brought warmth too close to the pillion. You'll also notice the exhaust on 5th/8th exit opposite side of the swing arm, offsetting some of the mass of the SSSA on the left side, making the bike even more balanced. :)

I will say after owning our 8th for a couple years now I do not regret it at all. If you are on the fence about getting an 8th gen before stock is depleted.. do it

5. CaptGarvin

CaptGarvin New Member

United States
    Map
    I hear ya dude, admit she’s a top heavy one, so replaced exhaust system helped some and only carry couple gal of petro ie riding the Dragon, I’m ok once I get rolling
    Oh the sacrifices we make for looks