Shedding light where the sun don't shine pics

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Hotbrakes, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    I've seen some people's rear ends (not always stimulating) with extra lights or reflective trim and thought we should have a place to post pics of our tails all lit up. With regular commuting in the darkness or just being stuck out after the sun is gone I am wondering how others are decorating to improve visibility and safety.

Here's a good link by Shoganai with simple how-to for adding reflective trim.
    Custom application of 3M Solas to panniers - Sport-Touring.Net

Here's a couple shots of mine. I also have a cluster of LED's by Electropods that flash with the rear brake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    Nice, recently had a wake up call to the need for more lighting.
    Got cought out in the rain without raid gear but had a back rain coat so I put that on. My mom was behind me (yes my mom we where going to a family renunion.) and she claimed she simply could not see me. Got a friend to ride my bike for a bit as I followed and sure enough i was simply a red dot. coul'd not tell how far away it was.

Have since added reflective strips to the rear of the bike. Hope it helps, also have proper rain gear with me now that is reflective.

I don't have the top case like you but feel i am reasonably easy to see.

3. madduxca

madduxca New Member

thats pretty bad ass. i really like the reflective wheel stripes. looks like it could be from the movie "TRON"

4. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    Here's some daylight pics as requested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    LIghted Tail Bag

I have always used Luggage Locker products on my bikes so when I got the VFR, I called up Les to get it outfitted with a tank bag and tail bag. Best thing about is products is they don't touch the bike's metal so they don't scratch the paint. Anyway, he told me about the lighted tail bag, and I have the first one on the road. I don't have pics of it on my bike, but here's a link to pics he has on his site. It provides great visibility at night, and extra visibility during the day. I love it, and the people I ride with say there is no way I can be missed.

Motorcycle Luggage Product Installation