Shad SH58X Expandable Top Case Mounting

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by supecoop, May 29, 2018.

1. supecoop

supecoop New Member

United States
    Hi,
    The Shad expandable top case looks really interesting. Has anyone installed it on a Gen 8 using either the OEM rear rack or another brand rack? Shad doesn't make a rack but it includes a "universal" mounting plate with the top case that can be adapted to other racks. Just wondering how difficult it is to adapt the Shad to the Gen 8. Thanks.

supecoop

2. noozealand

noozealand New Member

New Zealand
    Hi,

I just finished fitting a Givi V56 to my 8th gen this afternoon. The rack part fitted nicely and doesn't look like it's interfering with anything. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Zeta

Zeta New Member

United States
    There is a Shad top rack for the gen 8. I have the complete Shad 3p system on my gen 8. I believe the expandable is part of the system. I purchased the Shad top rack H0VF84ST, VFR800F (2014) at Cli-Max Riding Gear for $132. https://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/manufacturers/shad-mounts/shad-mount-kits-honda/ Hope this helps. BTW shop around for prices I bought bags overseas with free shipping for about 1/2 price in states.

Indri likes this.
  4. supecoop

supecoop New Member

United States
    Thanks Zeta. That's great info and helps a lot. I thought Shad had discontinued that kit but I guess not.

Zeta likes this.