September ?? Ride to Tail of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Joey_Dude, Aug 18, 2008.

1. DVMSVFR

DVMSVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Sweetwater would be fine. The hours of operation do not include Sunday based on the link you sent. I called their number and spoke with "Lora" and she said they were open on Sundays. I asked her if the BBQ was any good and she asked me if I was "crazy". So according to Lora the BBQ is good/great. She may be a little biased but she didn't hesitate. How long do you think it would take to get there from the GA meeting spot? Maybe we could meet for lunch and then ride? I'm open.
    Brian

2. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    LOL I can assure you the BBQ is good. I was there before with GeorgiaRider and his riding buddies a while ago. Plus it wasn't too expensive, I had a pork sandwich with some good hush puppies and I think it was like 7 dollars.

It's at least a 3 hour ride for us georgia people to get to that BBQ place so I figure we would leave around 9 am and get there just in time for lunch. Then we can all talk football and have some BBQ. After that we'll go up to the dragon and ride around. Does that sound dandy Brian?

3. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

Sounds like a 'plan' is coming together! (I love it when that happens!) :~)
    Yep, Sweetwater has good vittles.
    Joey, if we do 60 then up through the Cherohola, you think we can make that by noon?
    Oh wait, I know 'your speed' on the long sweepers........never mind! no problems there!
    ha ha :)

4. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, I'm doing it for Brian's sake!! I don't want that poor guy to be waiting around and if it means going triple digits then so be it!!! :lol:

Yeah, I'm up for a ride through Cherohala we probably will have to get up a little early though. We could meet up at the same intersection of Hwy 515/60 again like last time.

5. DVMSVFR

DVMSVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Maybe I should bring some magazines or a newspaper in case Johnny Law meets you before I do. Here in western NC the highway patrol drive fast but they write slow. I told Lora we would ask for her when we got there for BBQ.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  6. Robert111

Robert111 New Member

Map
    Will be there.

7. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey just checked my work schedule and have 9/28 off. never rode a long distance ride like this one wondering what time you are planning to meet. it's a 4 hour ride from nashville tn to the bbq place.

8. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Since you're in Tennessee, we will meet up at that BBQ place around noon. There's another guy, Brian who will be meeting up there as well. As for me, I will be coming along with some georgia natives and meet you at the BBQ place as well.

9. k9maniac

k9maniac New Member

Joey,

I am definitely in. I live at Atlantic station, what is the meeting point for us GA folks?

I guess I need to go to the dealership to get a new mirror since some *&%$%$ ripped it off in my parking garage. Don't these people recognize a beautiful thing then they see it???!

10. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    The meeting spot for the ga folks is at the intersection of hwy 515 and ga 60 there's a marathon gas station where we'll meet up. If you're not sure where that is let me know and I'll look it up on google maps for you.

By the way sorry to hear about the mirror that sucks!

11. k9maniac

k9maniac New Member

these things happen.....

is that intersection just north of Blue ridge lake?

that's a hike! what's the meet up time there?

12. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    9 am is the meet time sir. Yeah its an all-day ride, none of this wannabee 1 hour ride sh*t!! Ha ha!

13. k9maniac

k9maniac New Member

well, looks like I will have to go to bed extra early for that one so that I can keep up. Or not go to sleep at all. either way. So you think it will take us 3 hours from there to get to the BBQ place?

14. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Would it be misleading to tell my wife that I am leaving on my bike for a while to go eat some BBQ? I guess as long as I came back with a BBQ receipt I would have been 100% truthful even if the receipt is for 6 hours earlier.

Regards,
    Rollin

15. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Ha ha, I'd rather you stay alive so make sure to get to bed early ;) Yeah GeorgiaRider wants to go through the Cherohala Skyway and I have to admit I love that road. Yeah it should take about 3 hours or so to get from that meet-up spot to the BBQ place. I don't know where you are but a fast way to get to the meet-up is to take Hwy 515. Make sure to watch your speed! I've seen cops there especially in the 55 mph zones.

GA 60 is another way you can go but it takes almost twice as long as Hwy 515 but I admit it's pretty fun.

16. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Tell you what I'll bring some fake blood and we can say you got into an argument on the right type of lederhosen to wear. :lol: If an all-day event is just too much you could just ride with us on Cherohala Skyway, have some BBQ and skip the tail of the dragon ride. I understand how it goes with the :ballchain:

This ride is all about having fun and not about breaking marriages!! :lol:

17. kd4ysi

kd4ysi New Member

United States
    Map
    tail of the draggon

im out on this one as well i have a ride at work next sunday but my finds are to tight right now with me be the only one in the house hold working plus just got back from there 3weeks ago on the 23of august long ride kicked my but but maybe next year for sure going to try and stay down for a week

18. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

So Joey,
    Who all is planning on meeting on this ride? I'll have at least a couple with me, Todd, Russ, or Chris. I'm hoping our weather holds out. I need a good long, A**-hurting day! I did a short ride yesterday, but just around the area.
    Talk to you soon,
    Gary

19. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Gary,

Ha ha, an ass-hurting day is always a sign it was a great day unless you're in prison! :eek: So far, we've got me, and maybe 2 other guys in georgia and 2 guys from north carolina and tennessee.

If Todd's coming, I'll bring some spare throttle cable for him ha ha!

I'm looking forward to the ride!

20. nunyadamnbiz

nunyadamnbiz New Member

Damnnnnnnn guys can we please go Sat. the 27th. That would be much better, I just switched the other week to Saturdays off, and I just switched last weekend to go on the ride to Helen on Sunday. Long story short, count me in if its on Sat. Later