Seat Cowl Trim??

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Booyah, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Booyah

Booyah New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys... just got a seat cowl off ebay for my 06 VFR... price was awesome.. shipping was cheap... I'm a happy camper... however the trim that goes around the inside lip of the cowl is missing. I'm assuming this is to protect the seat from wear. Also I'm thinking there was little pieces inside to protect the tail section from wear too. You can see where the adhesive is left on the lips of the cowl.

Please take a look at these pics and let me know what you think I could use to replace this trim... I've never seen a cowl intact and in person so I'm not too sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I used a rubber gasket used for 1/8" glass in storm windows. Its a black U shape rubber, you can get it at home depot or your local glass shop.
    It only goes on the front that touches the seat not all the way around.

3. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Here are a couple of pics of that rear cowl for you Booyah. Hope this helps you.
    These are the part numbers and prices in case you decide to go with the OEM parts.
    Part number 1 is the seat cowl trim piece. Part number is 64121-MCW-D00. $7.75
    Part number 9 is the front rubber mount,you need two. Part number is 77226-MZ7-300. $5.68 each.
    Part number 2 is the rear rubber mount,you need two. Part number is 64121-MT3-300. $1.25 each.
    [​IMG]

This is what the parts look like when they're installed on the seat cowl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a heads up for you Booyah. You might want to put a couple of small sacrificial pieces of clear plastic on the top of your tail section panel directly below the back end of the seat cowl. The seat cowl sits so close to the tail section panel that after awhile it'll rub the paint right off the tail section panel.
    Here's a pic of the tail section panel off my '03. You can see the two spots where the seat cowl has rubbed the paint off. Not a pretty sight.
    [​IMG]