Rough Starting

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Hingley, Oct 10, 2026 at 5:00 AM.

  1. Hingley

    Hingley New Member

    Country:
    Canada
    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2016
    Messages:
    184
    Likes Received:
    30
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Happy Thanksgiving day to the fellow Canucks
    Now a little background info.
    I have a 1999 VFR800 ( 50,000km )( 30,000 miles ) that I rescued a few years ago from out west and since there was no fitness inspection done in that part of the county I spent a winter going through it from one end to the other, new tires, front end redo with new bushing springs etc, brakes , brakes bleed , new charging regulator system, valves checked, new O rings everywhere in the cooling system ( thanks for that suggestion Capt. ) fuel injectors checked and cleaned by a Honda Tech I know etc etc.
    The problem I have is that when I go to start it after sitting a few days it is a bitch to start, I have to use the choke full on and crank it over a few times ( three or four cycles ) before she will catch and run.
    Once she is warmed up or after a ride she will fire up all day at the touch of the starter button
    So since it is very close to winter sleep for the old girl I figured it is time to have you guys feed me your thoughts as where I should start looking, personally I am thinking it is acting like the Starter Valves are not right, perhaps the fuel pump is loosing its prime after sitting around or maybe I have a bad injector hose somewhere\
    I am not sure as you can see so any thoughts or comments will be great to have before I dig in
    287261661_7604160599658911_1016531068868183123_n.jpg
     


    This site may contain affiliate links for which VFRworld may be compensated
    #1

Share This Page