Riverside? San Bernardino?

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by Chuckman49, Nov 23, 2008.

1. shaynej

shaynej New Member

I've pitched the idea to a couple of VFR folks that I know, as soon as I have a tally I'll let you know who to expect. Looks like I recruited about 6-8 so far...

2. Raymond

Raymond New Member

Thanks for your effort, Shaynej. I am looking forward to this group ride!

Happy new year!:cheersaf:

3. Raymond

Raymond New Member

20090103 Wet&Foggy Ortega Hwy Group Ride

Thanks everyone for the insane group ride today! My very first one and hopefully more to come. I am glad that everyone made it out okay. I have only been riding for about 2 months and I am looking forward to improving my riding skills so I can keep up with you all!!:cheersaf:

4. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

Me too!

Same here, only been a couple of months for me too, but I have to say it's been fun so far. That was my first time ever going through the Ortega Hwy and I think knowing the road makes a difference in how fast some people go. Anyway we should organize another ride soon so we can keep the momentum going...

5. nailsinourbacks

nailsinourbacks New Member

Chuck, I'm in Riverside too (technically in Moreno Valley but study at UCR and spend most of the day in Riverside). If ya ever wanna go out for a short cruise and grab a cup of coffee or anything, let me know, I look for any excuse to ride, anytime, any weather. :wink:

Same applies to anyone else in the area, maybe we could do a bi monthly meet, set a standard location (coffee shop, restaurant, etc.) and choose a day and time?

-Colin

6. Raymond

Raymond New Member

Count me in. I am in Fontana, bordering Riverside. Just let me know the When and where; I'll meet you guys there.:cheersaf:

7. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

That sounds cool, count me in too! I used to live in Mo Val also, and I have a rental house there, where are you in Mo Val? Sundays would be a good day for me since I have to work on some Saturdays. Let me know...

8. nailsinourbacks

I'm off alessandro and kitching right by the public library.

Great great, it's a little soon but if anyone would like to meet up sunday morning (i'm flexible on the hours, maybe 9 am?) for a cup of coffee, lets say starbucks off Day street? It's right off the 60 freeway east, exit Day street then make a left and first street light left, you'll see it on the left hand side.

If anyone else wants to throw out a different spot I'm all game for it, the day street one can get a little busy plus i'd love to have a longer ride. :cheersaf:

9. socalmike

socalmike New Member

I might be up for that. Are you picking up your bike tomorrow? ~mike

10. Raymond

Raymond New Member

I can't do this sunday. I have Battle Assembly this whole Freaking weekend!! :mad: I will meet you guys next weekend instead...We can go on a short ride somewhere.:smile:

11. nailsinourbacks

No worries. This sunday I can't stay too long anyways, only an hour at best. If next sunday works out better for everyone then let's shoot for that?

I got the motorcycle today. wow. hahha I've test ridden a 98' before but it was a bit of a junker, i'm still in shock at the difference. This thing is an absolute beast, I've got to practice with it and sign up for an advanced msf course with it asap, sooo much power/torque right off the line, a drastic change from the inline's i've owned before. I'll post some pictures up tomorrow, goin on a cruise with my pops to oak glen I believe.

12. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

This weekend

This Sunday or next is cool with me, Sundays are my only day to spend with my family so an hour or two in the morning is perfect! I know the Starbucks your talkin' about and that sounds good to me. My rental house (used to live there too!) is right behind you, off of Laselle and Cottonwood over in Rancho Belago. I was hoping to sell it by now for some profit but not the way home prices are now, probably have to wait like 5-10 years or so... Oh well... Let me know about this weekend or next...

13. Raymond

Raymond New Member

There may be a ride and dine coming up soon. San Bern/Riverside riders will get together and ride down to SD do a ride there and head over to Long's to have a BBQ...Stay tune...

14. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Be there or be square

All your South Ca VFRW better be there or...........................:vader::bootyshake2:

15. nailsinourbacks

Chuck I don't think I'm going to be able to make it tomorrow. I've been fighting off a cold since wednesday and today i just feel like utter :bs: . Next sunday, ja? Sorry mate, take care.

Colin

16. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    have fun with your new bike!

17. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    count me in for this ride. keep me posted Ray. Looking forward to meet SD viffers at Long's.

18. Raymond

Raymond New Member

Me and Chuck are thinking about riding early this coming Sunday. Are you good to go? There is a big ride in San Deigo on the 24th and then a BBQ at Long's house, if you can make that, too, will be epic!!!

19. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

I only have like an hour maybe 2 to spare so I would have to be in and out... Help me think of a place, time and route, the earlier the better. :ranger:

20. nailsinourbacks

I am %100 there, my only stipulation is that I am free after ~9:00. I've got a meeting with a consultant at 8 am, should only take about an hour. Do NOT wait up for me, I can catch up, just let me know where and when and I'll see everyone there :cheersaf:

However if you guys wanna ride earlier then 8, say around 6 or 7? I'm fine with that too, less traffic and all.

I'll be there for the 24th, should we organize a group ride down to SD?