Ride up to SLO/Monterey

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by derstuka, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    Every time you lie, God kills a VFR.

2. Dudealicious

Dudealicious New Member

well, looks like my travel companion (speed) is backing out. sure would hate to ride up the coast alone. any of the san diego guys heading up thursday morning wanna meet along the way? or anyone else from the LA area going?
    if so, just PM me.
    thanks

3. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    NIce Work!! :thumbsup:

4. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    AGH! It's SLO Bunyan!! Does that mean Reg is the Blue Ox?

Tori, your sign kills me.

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    SD folk are running up early-ass Friday morning. We plan on leaving SD (Oceanside, actually, as we are leaving from Long's house) at 4:00am so we can make our best effort to avoid your lovely LA traffic. Means we should be rolling thru LA land around 5:30ish AM as long as someone isn't jumping off a bridge. blowing up a freeway, or anything the like. :smile:

You are most welcome to join us if you want sir. The more the merrier! Otherwise, if you want to leave Thursday, you are not all that far from Reggie compared to us if you want to burn it alone.

Oh, and there is a small chance that JTC is going....IF he gets the time off. He is in LA. Hopefully speed will change his mind, as I sure would like to see that shiny porsche-engined HOG!

Hope you can make it. Silversurfer800 and maybe some other folks are going to be coming down from SF area if you want to see about riding partners.

6. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    I'll be leaving from East Bay (El Cerrito-Berkeley area) on Thursday late morning trying to get to Reg's in the mid afternoon. Not trying to break any speed records as I'll be taking Hwy 1 on purpose to enjoy the ride. Pvancle, PM me if you can make it and want to ride down with me.

7. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    I picked the wrong time to buy a bike that needs fixin,...... this sounds like a hell of a time but I will be in LA saturday then Camping up into Yosemite, would have been a good time to meet you guys.

8. hondawolf

hondawolf New Member

Hey guys, I live in Livermore, about 40 miles east of San Francisco. I have a wedding Saturday evening in Santa Cruz. But depending on where the group was going to be, I would love to try and meet up for the day Sunday. I unfortunately will not be able to take that monday off, but I don't mind a long day on Sunday. Depending how late or not we get done Saturday night, maybe I could head down......
    Thanks Durstuka for the heads up!
    -Ian

9. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Take the bike to the wedding, ride down to SLO from there. You could even sleep off the wedding festivities and be at Reg's on Sun am. Just a thought.

10. hondawolf

hondawolf New Member

drewl, was considering that. Just waiting to hear back from my buddy, about the circumstances of the wedding. Just wondering, what time were you guys thinking of getting started on Sunday's activities?

11. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    prolly as soon as the hangover cures start kicking in...

12. derstuka

Map

Hard to tell bud. Probably depends on the rest of the crew. Would love to meet ya....the more the merrier!

I can PM you my cell, incase you want an update.....not promising that I will not be riding at the time, but it is better than a stick in the eye!

13. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

You might be there by friday night if you leave late thursday morning :tongue:

14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Ok, just catching up with this thread. As far as when riding will start, everyone who wants to come in who doesn't have my cell and needs it, PM me and I'll get it to you. I will start riding when the first rider gets here and show you whatever kind of roads you like. I'll keep riding til the last rider leaves and probably ride at least part of the way with you. I'll go with what the majority wants. All 4 of the roads mentioned by SS800 are close and easy to do is a short time. Other options are continuing hwy 58 on out to pine mountain and back... or finding a back way down to solvang for the motorcycle museum... sloav8r has mentioned possibly being able to get a group onto the air force base down south to see a part of the coast seldom trolled by civilians (be aware that riding would be slow paced here for sure, though) and then taking roads out to jalama beach for burgers (this part would not be as slow paced as it's not on the base)... a tour around my local stomping grounds heading out on 41 then taking 229 then hwy 58 west into margarita the 101 to 41w then hwy 1 up to old creek road then hwy 46 e up to vineyard then across to interlake road and whp knows where from there. that route contains twists and turns of all varieties... we have comms for keeping lead and sweep in touch to keep the group more or less together or if needed we can break into smaller groups. anyway, I'm pretty flexible so I can pretty much come up with a route based on what kind of ride everyone wants and what time frame they'd like to eat and drink... It would probably be a good deal to try and get at least one group shot of all the bikes somewhere fairly scenic like on the beach or something... we'll figure it out...

15. hondawolf

hondawolf New Member

Sounds good. I'll do what I can to get down there Sunday. Appreciate all the info about the weekend. Look forward to meeting some of the group.

16. derstuka

Map

Sounds good Reg. I was gonna ask you about some other roads south of you, and north of you as well. I might be giving you a call soon about that. It would be nice to have a good long all-day ride where we could make multiple stops, have some lunch, and make it back to your casa for beer-thirty! Kinda like a big loop if you will. Riding up to Big Sur, like you mentioned sounds good as well.

Don't forget to order the :stripper: :stripper:

Oh, and ANYBODY who is going, or thinks they are going, please note as such on this thread so I can add you to the list on the opening post. My psychic ability is waning :wacko:, so if you don't tell me directly that you are going, or are going to try to go, I really won't know about you going, or will I? Who's on first, what's on second....... :confused:

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  17. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Oh its Sharpie time for you Mister, oh yes!!! I'm bringing the FAT one too...

18. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    OK, when reg is talking all those road directions, all I see is Garth from Wayne's World movie describing how to get a satellite feed to Mr Big's limo.

Hey, reg...do you plan on us leaving on Sunday or Monday? I don't want to overstay.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  19. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

The base ride would have to be Sat the 23rd, XX is on shift on Sunday. Mmmm, Jalama burgers. We could easily ride the coast from north base to south base in a few hours with some nice scenery stops. Then do lunch after.

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Sound so gooooooooooooood, I can not wait any longer..............