REMUS on 4th gen

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by tdchonda1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. tdchonda1

tdchonda1 New Member

Map
    I installed a Remus Grand Prix Carbon fiber High mount on my 94 and LOVE it. Nice low rumble at idle and great deep growl as RPM's rise (not to loud, can barely hear in helment)
    Sorry don't have camera to get sound clip.

Attached Files:

2. IrrerD

IrrerD New Member

I have the same setup and agree with you 100%!! :cheersaf: Just wait till someone behind you remarks that it sounds like a hot-rodded '60s muscle car.
    [​IMG]

3. tdchonda1

tdchonda1 New Member

Map
    This will be a strange question... but how do you have the can mounted?
    As you can see from my pictures I had to use the strap they supplied to hold up can and bolt it to the sub frame. I don't see a strap on yours, I think yours looks a little cleaner. Also as you can see they sent me a can for the left side so the REMUS badge is on the other side. I like it better for me.

Attached Files:

4. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    Soooo...Where did you guys get your Remus cans from?

5. tdchonda1

tdchonda1 New Member

Map
    Well I got mine in December 08 from MaxMOTO distribution - Remus Sport Exhaust I know they don't show one for the 4th gen, but they have it. Just call them. Ask for Patrick, he helped me out. (tell him Travis from Mooresville,NC said hello).
    IMO..It is a tad cheaper that a Staintune, but for "ME" Remus looks and sounds better. It has a very sweet deep sound. The best way to describe it is, nice V8 rumble at idle and under hard accelerate sounds like a NASCAR at full speed.

Hope this helped,
    Travis

6. IrrerD

IrrerD New Member

My can came with a small bracket that bolts to it with 2 allen-headed bolts, which then bolts to an unused (I swear, the hole looked like it still had paint on the threads) mounting boss on the rear sub-frame. I did have to cut a slot (1/4" x 3") in the black plastic that sits right under the frame to fit the bracket, then used the original can bolt with rubber bushing (from the passenger foot peg.) Talk about an EASY install!! The hardest part, though still easy, was coaxing the rear panels off.

I got mine last February from Motorsports Network On-Line. Their rep, Bill, helped me immensely as the can I originally wanted wasn't available at the time.

7. tdchonda1

tdchonda1 New Member

Map
    OK, thanks for your input. But I DO agree with you about the pipe. it sounds GREAT!!!!