Remembering September 11

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Pliskin, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    Hehehehehe, whatever makes you sleep easier at night my friend. :wink:

2. e cabrera

e cabrera New Member

Hello friends
    As you know I'm Mexican and do not live is USA,just wank to say I'm sorry for all the people who died or for the people who lost a friend or relative in 9/11 attacks. It`s important that we keep doing what we love and then the terrorist will lost their war because they can not enjoy the living as we do.
    America is not only USA , there are many countries like Mexico and more with people who is fighting every day to be a better persons and support our families.
    God bless the people who is dettermined to go ahead with honesty and proud.

3. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    just curious where does it say in the bible to kill unbelievers????????????? It says that in the koran, so once again their book tells them to kill the infidel.. did you not understand that part??/ or are you so bias to your own points of view you can not acknowledge the truth..and so full of yourself with military knowledge of everything, no one else knows anything about the military but you..echo.. just a grown kid.. knows more then alexander the great;I did not write it they did.....I agree with defending against the rednecks as someone said that is wrong. unfortunately some of you people read things into what i write and take it in your own direction..my point was google the koran morrons and read it....The true muslem is supposed to kill all jews and christians.. and the difference between a radical muslem and nonradical muslem is when they decide to blow themselves up thats it...radical knows when the non is waiting for instructions.....when i get a chance i will post the pics of the middle east celebrating the towers falling....

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    UNfortunately, the USA had to pay on 9-11 for the ongoing crimes and human rights abuses committed against Muslims daily by our Israeli allies.

5. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    I AM NOT going to attempt to debate religion with you over a forum. What I will say is this; you actually MAKE MY POINT about where you get your information. I will debate your one statement only; here is the truth or facts regarding your one statement.

The Muslim faith is one of three faiths of Abraham, the other two being Judaism and Christianity, all three believe in the same ‘God’, though their beliefs are different. The Qur'an retells stories of many of the people and events recounted in Jewish and Christian sacred books (Tanakh, Bible) and devotional literature (Apocrypha, Midrash), although it differs in many details. Muslims believe the common elements or resemblances between the Bible and other Jewish and Christian writings and Islamic dispensations is due to their common divine source, and that the original Christian or Jewish texts were authentic divine revelations given to prophets. Muslims believe that those texts were neglected, corrupted (tahrif) or altered in time by the Jews and Christians and have been replaced by God's final and perfect revelation, which is the Qur'an. Muslims hold that the Qur’an was revealed to Muhammad by the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.

Like any passage in any of the three Holy Books of the Abrahamic faiths, interpretation of both the language it was originally written in and the MEANING of those words are open for each person. Here is one interpretation of the word infidel as used in the passage you are quoting:

According to Dr. Juan Cole "The word usually translated as "infidel" or "unbeliever" in English is the Arabic kafir, pl. kuffar. It literally means "ingrate," and often refers to human ingratitude in not recognizing the one God or in persecuting the prophet or Muslims. It almost always refers to the Meccan idolators, who are characterized by kufr or the ingratitude of active disbelief. The Qur'an enjoins Muslims to fight back against the idolatrous Meccans who were attacking Medina."

There are many other interpretations of the verse you are quoting; and it can be stated any number of ways. ONE of the ways it can be interpreted is the way you are, but that is FAR from the only way to read that passage.

I agree that the Fundamentalist Muslim Radicals who attacked us interpret the passage similarly to the way you are; and use their interpretation of the Qur’an to support and justify their points of views.

What I am stating is that NOT EVERY MUSLIM agrees with that interpretation, that you are perpetrating a lie when you incite people with your rhetoric, and in some ways are actually helping those Fundamentalist Muslim Radicals in doing so; because you contribute to the hate and conflict which they want to continue.

Just like the Qur’an can be interpreted or misinterpreted, and used to substantiate a specific point of view, so too can the Holy Books of the other two Abrahamic faiths. The KKK, Aryan Nation, Nazi’s, and many others of recent history or current times do the EXACT SAME THING because they too are Fundamentalist Radicals.

This is EXACTLY what I talk about when I say educate yourself BEFORE you speak/type. All your regurgitated rhetoric shows is your ignorance and immaturity.

Have a nice day!

6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like d.d. bit off more than he could chew.......

7. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Part of being a proud citizen of the US of A is the freedom we have, which obviously includes speech and opinions.

I have no animosity towards anyone on this thread, or forum for that matter, but I only started this thread to try and thank those that do so much for our country.

I know almost every thread here goes off track, and that's cool, but did we have to turn a thread about thanking those who risk their lives every day into a political and religious debate?

8. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    You are right; I apologize for my part of taking your thread off track. It is a positive thread, and is much appreciated by me and my family.