Reggie's Roadhouse Roundup (R3) 2013

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by reg71, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Stopped in Taft for food and gas.

IMG_20130525_121751_685.jpg IMG_20130525_121753_748.jpg IMG_20130525_121815_271.jpg IMG_20130525_121829_696.jpg

Then Jason shows up: IMG_20130525_124212_098.jpg

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

YAH! It works now. Thanks B!

3. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    A small problem with BWeiss's bike: IMG_20130525_171851_991.jpg

And, much to the demise of Drew, more drinking.

IMG_20130525_211603_939.jpg IMG_20130525_211620_177.jpg IMG_20130525_212923_454.jpg IMG_20130525_225326_442.jpg IMG_20130525_225331_505.jpg

IMG_20130525_225405_638.jpg IMG_20130525_225426_021.jpg

And:

IMG_20130525_230641_568.jpg

4. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Trip Home. Ojai. Good road (33) coming down into town. Good food, slow service. Way too many popo.
    IMG_20130526_124411_436.jpg

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Pic come out fine on mine too.

BTW. Vacation time. See you guys when I get back. Where I am going, there is likely no internet.

6. kingajo

kingajo New Member

great pics I'm not having a problem with'em at all. They look great. :biggrin:

7. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    I have no issue viewing

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I think he got it sorted out now so no one should be having an issue viewing them now.

9. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Yup...all visible now. I guess mary-b didn't want to show everyone else how much better looking I am than him. I also noticed there are no pictures of horseshoe playing...a little sore?

10. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    So I may have taken a short jaunt this weekend. I actually did not know how far I would make it with my shoulder still healing. I figured if it hurt too bad I would either stop and turn around, or maybe stop and take a long rest. For those not in the know. I broke my scapula (shoulder blade) in two places in March in a mtn bike accident. That injury really messed with my nerves (bruised spine causing nerve/motor control disruption) along with occasional vertigo, and swallowing issues. Yes, I was a mess, while, I have always been a "mess" but even more so......but I am lots better now. Don't try this at home kiddies. Figured I would have done this when I attempted to break the 24 hour masturbation record in 2008....but that is a story for another time.

Turns out my shoulder was faring much better that I had antipicated, so I keep pushing it further. I took 405 to 5 north, and for a change, I got off at Fraiser Park Mtn Road. I had been meaning to take that for awhile, but last time it was a tad too cold and I figured it might be snowy and/or icy. Well, this time, as luck would have it, the day was splendid, so I decided to giver her a shot.

Well, I took Fraiser Mtn Park Rd and then took a right onto Cuddy Valley Rd. This was a nice twisty mtn road with little traffic and great scenery. I then cut off to Mil Potrero Rd, and took it to hwy 33. Potrero Rd was gorgeous, and I snapped a nice photo of a purty redhead that I saw hanging around on it. She looks pretty young for pushing 116,000 miles I think. :)

[​IMG]

After having a much enjoyable ride down these roads, I tried my luck on another road, which I thought would be a beeline to hwy 58. Well, turns out I was wrong, and this narrow potholed road turned into dirt 6 miles down it. This dude in a farm truck looked at me as if I was a fool, I had no idea why...lol......so I turned around and decided my next move. I contemplated taking hwy 33 to Maricopa then taft, or taking hwy 166 to Nipomo. I chose hwy 33 so I could stop and eat at "The Penny Bar" in McKittrick and take the rollercoaster (so much fun) on hwy 58 afterwards. Who knows, maybe I would even meet some of the backwoods locals in Atascadero. I heard they eat their own kind.

So here I am rolling into Taft, wondering when in the hell this broad in front of me is going to find the gas pedal, and I look over and see a couple motorcycles (one is a 25th Anniv, 6th gen) and I turn around and as luck may (or may not) have it I ran into this motley crew who said they knew how to ride bikes fo shore! lol. Funny how I just happened upon them when I was tolling around.

So I then shunned off food for now, and I joined them to take the 166 to Nipomo. I will tell you, (of course we NEVER EVER exceeded the speedlimit) but we took that damn road so fast I am surprised we didn't dig a trench. It was truly an experience, and luck, and one HELL of a fun time.

Here we are at the end near Nipomo. Everyone surprised no roadblocks or aircraft were approaching. Though this weird plane was circling Reggies castle all night. Weird....
    [​IMG]

Some squidly poseur who goes by derstuka who thinks he knows how to ride.
    [​IMG]

We had found out moments before (after stopping) that Brook's (Bweise) bike went El Dumpo. He was only about 40 miles past us...back thru the gauntlet. Brian (slovfr) called AAA for him, and went back to meet him, and moments before, Tori went to go get his truck. Turns out that AAA got there fairly fast considering, and we continued our ride....this time directing along the coast. We also stopped by to rob a bank apparently, but it appeared that someone actually beat us to it, and the POPO were all over. Ya snoze ya lose.

Some pics of when we got back to Casa de Reginald.

Brian (slovfr), drew-to-the-dawg (drewl), and King Reginald (reg71) discuss long walks on the beach, and their favorite color.
    [​IMG]

Sir Eric (chickenhawk...his homosexual handle...wink wink) exiting the baƱo. I am not sleeping with this amigo....not after the horror I witnessed with I saw him violating drew to the dawg.
    [​IMG]

Brooks (Bweise) getting ready to enter the "LOVE SHACK" with a companion. Maybe chickenhawk is in there?
    [​IMG]

King Reggie enjoying a beverage. He is content in his kingdom.
    [​IMG]

We had a great time (as you saw some of above) on Saturday night, involving some bromance between Eric and Drew. (Note to self, never pass-out in front of Eric, he will violate you). I had planned on taking a leisurely stroll home. Maybe leaving later, but Bruce (marrib) and drew kinda talking me into riding with them since I was taking the same route (backroads) down closer to LA.

The girls all lined up for departure.

[​IMG]

King Reginald allowing us safe passage after paying the "tax"
    [​IMG]

We made a good pace down hwy 101, then took the lovely 166 in reverse. It was spectacular this way as well, and we even got to actually view some of the scenery this time. lol. We took that down to hwy 33 which we planned to take to Ojai. I tell ya, that hwy 33 has some gorgeous vistas. Breathtaking for sure.

Here is some pics during the climb up. I think you can tell right away who is the best parker....
    [​IMG]

That poseur derstuka again. I wonder if we can shake him somehow? He sure does talk a lot. Probably even to himself, or in 3rd person.
    [​IMG]

Another angle of three pretty ladies...think that blonde's curtains match the carpet?
    [​IMG]

Well folks, thanks for reading. I only took a few pics here and there with my iphone, so I hope they came out to your liking. Maybe next trip I will actually stop to take some more pictures (action too) and give you a few more words.

Keep the rubba side down....

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  11. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    780, I'm right there with you, and I live to your NE, so a bit further to travel. I also have these things that I like pretty well, one called "job" the other "wife" that may not be there when I come back if I do attend. Someday, yes, some day..if I get a truck because that is a ways to go without a break on 2 wheels.

12. experience780

experience780 New Member

Lol ya job keeps interfering with a lot of my plans. Bastards. Looks like everyone had a good time.glad there were no mishaps......right

13. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Nice write-ups Stuke and Marrib. Cool pix too.

Hey Stuke. MTN Bike mishap eh!. I heard you rode your three wheeler out onto the street in front of an old lady in a scooter. When you flipped her the bird, she royally spanked your poor ass and you hit your shoulder on the curb when you threw your tantrum.

Heal well. I am about 70% sure I am going to be down your way next year. And all along the southern states and eastern seaboard too. I just might catch up to you in mileage over that trip.

14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Nice write ups boys. You may have a future in this business !

15. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Had great time keeping up with Bruce, Reg, and John. This route was epic, and a must repeat IMO. I know we all voted on not inviting Bruce again, but since he was pretty much the only one to take pictures this time, (there wasn't a real camera all weekend or a single GoPro in action this year) we might as well use him for that service next year. :wink:

Now....... i'm off to pack the trailer, and load the bike for 2 days riding Laguna Seca this weekend. Suck it bitches !

16. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    "Derstuka: So I then shunned off food for now, and I joined them to take the 166 to Nipomo. I will tell you, (of course we NEVER EVER exceeded the speedlimit) but we took that damn road so fast I am surprised we didn't dig a trench. It was truly an experience, and luck, and one HELL of a fun time."

I was leading because I had this really cool radar detector. Reg suggested that I take the road about 80 or so because there were so many popo. It seems that there were NO popo. Somewhere in the beginning Tori passed me going up hill and in a corner at somewhat over the speed limit (i.e. 100mph) that I figured I was slowing the group down. So, off we went. I don't think anyone would be underwhelmed at the pace. At some point, we all hit our limit and even though we were paranoid. That stretch of road will be a favorite and I will do it again at the abnormally unusually high pace and think nothing of it. The traffic was so good that we had straights when we needed to pass and corners when there was nothing. It went on and on with 10 riders bombing the sweepers, killing the straights and negotiating the corners at a mostly obscene speed. Everyone (except Bweiss... sorry your bike bombed out), enjoyed that piece. Someone slowed down near the 101 interchange thinking there was a pile of popo waiting for us. Uh, no.

17. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Since I was beating on you so much during the horseshoe part of this event, I failed to take pics. You should really shut it regarding the shoes. You got crushed.

18. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    You suck and you know it.

19. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    She started it. I had the right of way....but at least I was able to snap a semi-blurry albeit pic of the culprit. She means bidness...
    :chaingun:

[​IMG]

20. OOTV

OOTV Insider

That looks like an MP40. She must have brought that with her from the "Old Country"!