Refurbishing my '99 5th Gen

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by GreginDenver, Jan 13, 2017.

1. mhzpower

mhzpower New Member

Canada
    Map
    This has been a very useful thread for me. I own a 5th and want to use this as reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. raYzerman

raYzerman Insider

Canada
    Map
    Greg, I can appreciate all the "cleaning" work, I built a project FJR that I got basically in pieces and baskets. I think I spent more time cleaning than I did putting it together, but it was showroom clean when it left here.
    As far as your photos, there once was a workaround to view photos held hostage, but yours now seem to be gone... if you still have the originals, I'd recommend SmugMug (started by motorcyclists for motorcyclists), and while there is an annual fee of around $40, it is well worth it for the peace of mind. But, helluva job replacing all those links here......
    I'm in the midst of restoring my '99, but I'm gonna spend less time on cleaning, LOL. Cheers!!

3. Luke M

Luke M New Member

United States
    Map
    Greg, all of the photos still work for me. There is a browser extension that allows photobucket images to show up. The one I am using in Chrome is Photobucket Hotlink Fix, I went through the thread and all of the images are still showing up for me.

Riding a 2000 likes this.
  4. mello dude

mello dude Member

United States
    Map
    Greg - Download all your PB photos to your hardrive if you can.... Then I recomend Smugmug as a host for the photos, you can easily reload on that site and repost...
    -Its been working for me...

5. GreginDenver

GreginDenver New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow! I just installed the fix you described and it works like a charm... at least for now.

Unfortunately I don't know how long my Photobucket account will remain viable because they have been relentlessly hassling me for additional money due to "bandwidth usage". This full-court press started up just after I made my yearly payment for my Photobucket account. I guess they figured that since they'd just gotten my yearly payment it was a good time to hit me up for more money.

6. GreginDenver

GreginDenver New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, I'm going to do the download-and-save to hard drive soon (gotta find the time to devote to the effort).

7. sfdownhill

sfdownhill New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for your persistence Greg - a lot of us have benefited greatly from the details you provided here.

Riding a 2000 likes this.