Random photos

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by RogueRC24, Apr 1, 2024.

1. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    Excellent!
    I ride with my Son a lot and it’s glorious!
    Enjoy these days my Brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueRC24 and Bazza like this.
  2. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    I am not sure who is grinning more underneath the helmet. hahaha

Bazza likes this.
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Very Cool!!

4. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    Some good and bad news. It has been a steep learning curve, but overall my son has done pretty well. On our first ride out together I think he was trying to impress and pushed harder than he was expecting. Nearly had a brush with a canyon wall, but he used the "look where you want to go" method to dig himself out of a sure lowside off the highway. Yay new tires and a lot of luck.
    We agreed to take it easy and just get some mileage around town and light work on the highways. He has already gone through 2 full tanks and going to get another right now.
    He just finished replacing the diaphragms in which the Slides don't look the same as JBL Industries replacement instructions, but I think we have them right. Test ride right now to get fuel. :)
    The bike idles much better and hopefully he will gain some in the higher rev range as well.
    He did however have a moment on the driveway which is gravel for the first 20ft. Dropped the Hawk at 2mph. Could be way worse. Just some scratches and reset the muffler. Shock is leaving England today.

Captain 80s and Bazza like this.
  5. Bazza

Bazza Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds pretty normal for anyone who rides. Rogue.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger kinda thing.

In this case he was at the brink and was able to pull back and that is a more valuable teaching moment than any he could get.

The bike drop....hell that's a rite of passage right there....tell him for me, he should be proud! :)

Good to hear the performance is improved too - always helps.

Keep charging! ;)

bmart likes this.
  6. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    My Son dropped my TW200 the third time we went out... ironically at 2 mph. No damage to speak of. Got up, shook off the dust and on we went ...

Bazza likes this.
  7. Bazza

Bazza Member

United States
    Map
    I think every drop I ever had the bike wasn't even moving....lol.......but boy did I feel STUPID! :Crazy:

And it only happened with my very first Interceptor...that beautiful Yellow RC26. Never with any of the other 9......

8. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    He beat himself up and teased him, but agreed it is a right of passage. He has learned a lot in just the few days he has been riding. Most of his riding is on his own which I am proud of. I didn't want to be ex-racer dad with high expectations following him everywhere. I wanted him to discover stuff on his own.
    Tonight is bike night so we are going to go together and get some free pizza. lol

He did a good job on the diaphragms. They added some much needed power, but I think those exposed the worn out clutch plates which were suspect before. More parts, but he is down to do the work. :)

Bazza likes this.
  9. Colddevil

Colddevil Member

United States
    Map
    So you guys signed up for a track day yet? :cool:

Thanks for sharing-fun to read. Gotta imagine it makes for a proud dad that he's getting in there and learning how to both work on and ride motorcycles.

10. bmart

bmart Insider

United States
    Map
    Did he MSF yet?

11. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    MSF is starting tomorrow with online class work and riding this weekend. We hope when all is done he will have his Cali moto license. :)

I am super stoked as a father to see him take to bikes so well. It didn't look good when he was little. We went to bike night at Cycle Gear yesterday evening, but bugged out early to go get more miles. We did a lead follow through the canyon on the way home. He is calming down and starting to look smooth. We also had a little Full Throttle on the way home while on the 4 lane highway. He got the fast lane and I took the slow lane. Empty for 8 miles, so fun.
    IMG_7191.JPG

Colddevil, bmart, Bazza and 1 other person like this.
  12. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    I was going to drop down in the Valley yesterday, but I felt like staying a bit local, so I did a Cycle Gear bike night last night too, for a little bit. (no pics) About the crowd I was expecting. License plates are apparently optional, but 360 cameras on a pole are not.

RogueRC24 and bmart like this.
  13. bmart

bmart Insider

United States
    Map
    '

Like everything, the sport we love so much is changing...a lot. Glad I was in for the good stuff!

Bazza and RogueRC24 like this.
  14. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Wait! I did take a pic, I totally forgot...

Taylor.jpg
    Took this for my buddy. The dude getting off the gold ZX is a TOTAL FUCKING PHSYCO. Taylor. We have ran into him multiple times while playing pool and he gets fucking lit and acts like a bigger asshole. Usually ends up ruining the night cuz he always wants to play in and is a douche. I saw him Friday night at a send off for a co-worker, and what was he doing?... loitering around the pool table trying to get somebody to play him. Nobody would and everybody ignored him, so he left. And then last night... dammit. I kept my sunglasses on and my hat low.

Bazza and RogueRC24 like this.
  15. Colddevil

Colddevil Member

United States
    Map
    Those 360 cameras on a pole piss me off so much. It's the most useless footage ever, and it makes you look like such a twat. I remember seeing a few people try to get through tech at a track day with them--luckily the organizers weren't having any of it.

Also holy crap that bike looks so good out and about Rogue!

I really don't ever go out to bike night type of things, but I told myself I'm going to try to do it this year. At least a few times and meet the few riding friends I have out. My buddy with the VF500F wanted to sign up for the "Brew Town Rumble" in June for bikes 1985 and older, so we'll be parking our 1984 500's there. I imagine we'll get a few funny looks if they're parked right next to each other with my sort of yamaha-inspired color scheme right next to the standard R/W/B.

bmart, Bazza, RogueRC24 and 1 other person like this.
  16. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    last night was my first experience with the 360/stick. So stupid.

My son came to work with me for a few hours so we got another 60 miles in. Trying to teach him how to ride like a biker and not drive like a driver. lol If that makes any sense.
    The 400 is getting some good mileage on it, although I think I am just too old. I like having more grunt and feel like I am more of a 90-110 HP kinda guy in my older years. She will probably go up on the block. It was fun but not really my jam. If I am going to ride a smaller bike, I will stick to the NSR. Also California reg/insurance is just getting to be too much with anything past 2 bikes.

Bazza likes this.
  17. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    Headed up Ortega Highway tomorrow with my Son , breakfast at Lake Elsinore … taking the ole Kat … so
    Ugly it’s pretty!
    IMG_3013.jpg

Colddevil, Bazza, RogueRC24 and 2 others like this.
  18. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Hell yeah

Love the Bassani

19. sixdog

sixdog Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Cap … the sound is deep and clean

20. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    We had a bunch of Bassani universal small displacement silencers at the old Honda Shop and somebody sold them in a obsolete inventory lot. I was SO PISSED that nobody mentioned it.

They were killer little reverse megaphone beauties. Still bugs me to this day, 30 years later.

The wound is deep and dirty.