R3 - 2014 Memorial Day Weekend. Reggie's Roadhouse Roundup v. 7.0

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by reg71, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    That motor cop on 126, he damn near shook my hand as he went by. I was doing a lovely 62 in a 55. And you say CA motor cops are bad people. WTF????

2. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Reggie and Terry you put on a great show. It was great meeting all you guys and I had a good time with really good people.

Here's a few shots I got.
    In the morning getting ready to ride[​IMG]
    The road down from where OOTV's photos are from[​IMG]
    The seals at Vista Point[​IMG]
    Tori made it back to the party doing fine[​IMG]
    When the party was the most quite. [​IMG]
    And the food, oh what good food[​IMG] Thanks for cooking William and thanks again Reggie.

Attached Files:

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Made it home in one piece and no achievement awards. I would like to thank our very generous hosts for tolerating all of us for yet another year. :cheer2:

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    You know quite a bit happened.

Friday we all got together and drank and BBq some burgers. Barely got wild at all so we wouldn't be riding hungover.

there was a lot of debate about which route to take so we decided to break into the scenic route (the way many of the regulars have gone several times that goes out to the coast) and the inland route we did last year that so many enjoyed because of the high speed sweepers and lots of good roads.

We finally ended up breaking into 2 groups.

I think we were pretty even on numbers. The inland group rolled at 9 am.

Headed out on Hwy 41, took a right at Hwy 229. I stopped before the twisty section of 229 to give the obligatory 'be careful' speech about oncoming traffic, light gravel, narrow road. There really was no reason to stop before because the first 2 miles is more or less a straight road through a lazy little town with about 4 buildings.

So I wait. I talk to William. I say "there is no way anyone crashed yet because it is straight and I saw them all behind us".

Brooks shows up and says that he saw them all make the turn. Anyway, he turns around and rolls back to the little sleepy unpopulated town.

Well apparently Eric's superhawk was tired because it took a nap in the road when he started to pass someone who wanted to swing right then turn left and who needs those pesky turn signals anyway. Toe and he decided to ride back to my house (11 miles) to JB weld the case that is seeping.

2 down.

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    The rest of us regroup and ride on out to hwy 58 and start riding East through the great elevation changes and nice sweepers. The road is a bit rough in places but we keep a brisk pace and there are no mishalfs for the first 60 miles.

We are all have a pretty good time I'm thinking. We get to an area that is flat and wide open kind of in the middle of nowhere and see a guy broken down on the side of the road. I start slowing down cause I'm thinking this guy is all alon out here on a bike broken down and we would kind of be dicks not to go check on him.

Anyway, I slow down and look left, Tori is diagonally behind me and slows down and see me looking left and starts to head in that direction.

Apparently Marribs bike has a crush on Tori's bike and it tries to rape it right there in the road. Someone Tori got caught in the encounter and his arm snapped. The two slut motorcycles stayed on top of each other while Tori jumped around cursing. The rest of pried Toris bike up and moved it off the road. Drew rolled up to see Marrib's bike taking a nap and Tori jumping up and down so he has no idea what is going on.

Anyway, the guy we were stopping to help sees our Benny Hill act going on in the road, gears up and rides off without even a wave. Sheesh.

Tori is barely functional and green in the face. We are an hour out in the middle of nowhere.

4 down.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    WTF.. Man, did I miss out on a good time or what? LOL as usual, I'll get back into the saddle one of these days, after all I mean gee this place rocks, it's events and reads like this that keep the spirit alive. thanks for sharing. Wow love it. you're all missed. Be safe and for gods sake keep the bikes away from each other. good job Reg. ;)

7. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    What a douche to just ride off like that! That musta been a hellish ride to a doc. Good thing you and Drew are well versed in "repairs" to get him there!!
    Good to see you out and feeling better Stuke....good pics and write up always bro! One year I'll make it out there......

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    So there we are...in the middle of nowhere. Tori can't ride. What to do?

After considerable debate, the decision is made to ride back to A-town with Tori riding bitch. There is a picture of that but not the bikes on the ground. I don't know if you can see his face in the pic but I could see it and I could tell he was hurting. I knew the ride back on the bumps were going to be an ordeal for him.

Bruce notices sometime during the fray that there is nowhere to put his left foot when he rides... Yep, damn footpeg bracket snapped like a twig. Guess he is shifting then putting his foot on the rear peg. Good thing he's not one of those guys that removes the rear ones to make his bike faster.

William had the biggest bike and it had a box on it and we figured Tori was least likely to fall from it if he passed out. His bike was moved over to the spot where we saw the guy broke down that started all these shennanigans. We rode back taking about 1 1/2 hours the same distance that we had just covered in 1 hour.

Arrive at the garage and Toe and Eric have already started drinking. It's 11am give or take. Shit, it's on now. The rest of the riders debated on going back out. I registered Tori in the local ER and got him an appt then gave him a pill to help out with the pain. Wayne hauled his ass over there in my car while we all started recapping the events.

Casey (Nepix) got on back with Toe and rode back after Tori's bike. The rest of us decided we just wanted to cut bait so we parked the bikes and started some real drinking. Terri made another beer run (the first of at least 3 on this day). We never ended up getting a keg as Firestone was sold out.

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Bruce ended up taking Tori's footpeg assembly and bar end and putting them on his bike. Terri figured we'd all want lunch so she started scorching some polish sausage and brought us all a cheese plate.

Being the classy guy I am, I promptly opened up a can of potted meat and put it on the plate with the cheese and crackers. For some reason only Eric and I ate it, but we did notice about 14 stray cats came up from the ditch across the street after they smelled it.

William promptly began regaling us with stories about who knows what but since he has a South African accent, he sounded cool and we all listened. He probably was talking all bullshit but we listened anyway.

I'm pretty sure Ed is still praying for all for all of us after all the sins he witnessed. Hopefully we didn't stain his soul. Is that possible? Maybe someone makes soul bleach.

Casey and John made it back after a couple hours. By that time a few of us might have been a little on the drunk side. Sometime around 4 or 5 possibly we took the ribs Terri had been baking all day and moved them to the grill and put 3 tri-tips on. I kept catching a trip tip on fire. William kicked me in the face then grabbed my grill tongs and took over the grill.

Me being the gracious host that I am, I promptly resumed drinking and sitting on me arse. Something I excel at.

William did a bang up job, chopped up all the meat and piled a plate literally a foot high with ribs and tritip. On the first pass I grabbed a rib, and one piece of triptip and some sides. Then I went back for seconds and I shit you not, the ribs were gone. 3 full racks of ribs gone and my dumb ass only grabbed one on the first pass. The tritip went pretty fast, but part of one did survive for leftovers.

Terri also bought a huge cake with sugar icing and jelly filling that the diabetics in the group promptly dove into. I think there may be an insulin shortage in Canada when Randy gets back. At least he washed it down with Maple syrup whisky (<- that's not a joke, I still have some of it in the fridge).

Sometime after or during?? this the raffle started.

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    The other group showed up around 4 or 5 and they will have to tell their own story. For some reason my memory gets a little foggy after 4 or 5.

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to hear about the mishap to help a fellow rider..but taking off like that..what a dick..(Harley Rider probably).
    That group picture is great, just wish I knew who everyone was, all I knew were D and Long...old fart brigade...
    Maybe next year....Thanks for the pictures...waiting fer more fellows...........off to work...seeeeee yaaaaaaaa

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Pics Long put on my computer

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Still more pics from Friday...

[​IMG]

These were too big to fit in the garage:
    [​IMG]

I think this is George catching Long taking a picture. Maybe we will see the other photo later.
    [​IMG]

Getting lined up to ride.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Your photographer:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Apparently Darryl was teaching disco moves while they stopped:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jason found them and tried to teach sign language, but he only knows one sign.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: