Please Help with a few noises I am hearing!

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by jonno, Jul 3, 2005.

1. jonno

jonno New Member

Hi all I just upgraded from my 97 vfr 750f to a 2001 vfr 800,WOW what a difference in allmost every way.although I noticed a noise which I am preety sure is the throwout bearing,on stand in nuetral clutch in its silent,clutch out there is a slight rattling noise and very minor vibration but then pull in the eclutch and all is gone.She only has 2300 miles and is like new?Does the bearing need to break in?Will it quite down?The clutch seems perfect.I also notice a high pitched squeel when i was close to red line in 2 or 3rd,it only did it once,any ideas what it was?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re:  Please Help with a few noises I am hearing!

Hi Jonno, I have just purchased a 2000 model VFR and I am getting the same clutch noise and vibration as you describe. Mine has done 35k kilometres and the clutch works perfectly so Im not sure if this is normal or not. Any one else with these symptoms?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Re:  Please Help with a few noises I am hearing!

yes me too
    .vfr8001998

4. thesinner

thesinner New Member

Map
    Yes, it is absolutely normal.

The noise you are hearing was apparent in both my '94VFR and my '84 VF1000 Interceptor. Normal throwout bearing noise. I remember replacing the clutch on the old VF at about 45K. The noise had a beefier tone when I dropped new plates in it. And the new plates were semi-metallic and shifted great! Not to worry friends, all is well.