Palomar Mountain / Borrego Springs Ride - Sat Nov 11th 2017

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by OCLandspeeder, Nov 7, 2017.

1. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    I had to put the year there just because nobody appears to ride in this region as much. LOL!

I plan to ride to Palomar Mtn, and Borrego Springs this Saturday, November 11th. Year 2017! That's this Saturday. I'm bringing my Anniversary Edition VFR800.

The ride will begin at Ortega Highway, in south Orange County, California. Meeting location and time will be posted later today (have to go to work right now).

Meeting Location: https://goo.gl/maps/LaAoeEALZWn
    The location above is the UPS Store because it's the one available in Google. But there is a Starbucks right across from it where I will be having breakfast.
    KSU: 7:30 AM

If anybody in the San Diego area decides to join, we can arrange to meet somewhere in Pala along Hwy 76. But please chime in and let me know. I will have one or two other riders joining me from Orange County.

I hope some of you VFR enthusiasts in the area can join me.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Sorry I cannot get over to join you - Over this side of the pond we already have :Smow: where I am based and I only got the VFR back in the garage just before it started. I will have to go back up soon and give the motorbikes the usual pre-winter preparation once I get hold of some more ACF50.

Last year Long and I went to Borego in May and wow it was warm - especially as the only shade to be had was from the metal dinosaurs.

You might want to also post something on the main general discussions thread - as it seems people only visit the regional threads
    occasionally. There are plently of SOCAL riders who might be interested but may not actually see your message here until too late.

Have fun and post up some photos.

SkiMad

3. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    I do enjoy this ride. The decreasing radius corners up/down Palomar are just great. Its a shame that people don't take Turn #1 a little more careful.

skimad4x4 likes this.
  4. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    The first part of S6, that "Turn #1" you speak of is the first of many. They recently repaved S7 (the fast side of Palomar Mountain) and it is sublime! I laughed when they did that because they repaved it right after I had my VFR's suspension refreshed by Jamie Daugherty!

Skimad4x4, I'm sorry I missed your trip over here. I've ridden with Mr. Long...very cool guy. But I've been absent here for a while as my attention was on to other things for a while. But I'm slowly but surely refreshing many things on my '07 VFR and started to "re-appreciate" the greatness of the VFR800 again.

5. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    The ride was awesome! Unfortunately, I was the only VFR representin' today. Maybe next time there will be more VFR's.

Here's a friend on a KTM 1290 overlooking the Anza-Borrego desert. Once a dinosaur playground, today is a motorsports playground. Bikes, cars, four wheel drive vehicles, hikers, cyclists, and all manner of recreational sports were representin....
    [​IMG]

The whole area was heavy with KTM presence today. Here's one of my all time KTM favorites.
    [​IMG]

skimad4x4 likes this.
  6. Jakeoster

Jakeoster New Member

United States
    I would’ve gone had I owned a VFR at the time lol