NorthEastern Cali Cruise

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by drewl, May 13, 2009.

1. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    where's the live streaming video? :biggrin:

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Sierra Mountain Road Rally I

Sixweeds here...I'm logged in under Drewl's name...he's out drinkin' with the fellas.

Well...So far, this first ever SMRRI has been an incredible gathering. Toe, Toxic and Bweiss showed up at my place in Sonora Friday afternoon around 4 p.m. We had a few (dozen) beers, then I gave them a tour of the family farm. Turkeys, pigs, and of course, the now famous Chicken Condo (they were impressed and now understand why I couldn't make Reggie's Roadhouse Roundup III. We did a photo shoot in the drive way under the American Flag which the two Red 5th and 6th Gen and two RWB 6th Gens go so well with. Then, we headed to the Peppery Gar and Brill in Sonora for a fabulous meal complete with hot poppers and calamari. Next, I took them to my buddies house for his 47th birthday party where we talked bikes and Toxic got into a verbal fiesta with my other buddies girlfriend. For those of you that know Toxic, he's hard to out do in wit spewing contest...but he met his match. Finally, after Toxic had been embarrassed beyond what he could handle, we headed back to my place. We were tired, so we hit the hay early.

We woke up around 7 and headed out for Papa's Roost for breakfast. Around 9 or so we headed up to Sonora Pass. At a gas stop around Cold Springs, the group posted on "Central Californina Cruise" from Turlock pulled in. Yonan has a 2nd Gen RWB, but the rest were on a wide variety of sport/race/tourers. We had a beautiful ride, but split from them at 7,000' altitude and took more photos at the summit of 9,634'. Down the eastern side towards 395 was an absolute hoot. The four of us stayed in tight formation the whole morning until finally arriving in Carson City right on schedule to meet Drewl at Applebees. After a perfect lunch, we took off north through Reno and got a little rain. We just missed a torrential downpour. Drewl showed us a couple of side road twisties and we had fun.

Finally, we pulled in to Drewl's in Susanville around 4 p.m. More beer and stories and photos. He and his wife are the best people and she cooked us a screamin' meal of Tri-tip, baked potatoes, salad, and rice. We took turns telling funny stories around the table. One of Drewl's medic buddies showed up and we had even more fun.

Tomorrow, we're heading out around 9-10 a.m. and going down the Feather River Canyon to Sacramento. It's supposed to be awesome!

Wish you could be here with us...perhaps next time. Enjoy the pics and we'll post more tomorrow. So far...no mishaps or tickets (thank God).

Weeds

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    bweiss snuggles with toxic

not a pretty sight.........:eek:

4. bigjay

bigjay New Member

wow, awesome pics and great job on making it a point post up, very cool! sure seems like a great bunch of guys and I cant wait to make the next ride! keep the pics coming and keep up that perfect safety record fellas, have fun and take care.

Jay

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    These are a great group of guys and we have already begun planning the next get together.

I rode a total of 210 miles today. The sun shone even though it looked like rain(AGAIN) at first. These recent rains left sand and gravel all over other wise super roads. We were forced to take it easy and just enjoy the scenery. We each had decided today was a good day to just cruise.
    We left my place at just after 8 and headed up over Thompson Peak to Antelope lake where we saw a Bald Eagle couple and where Brooks was attacked by a woodpecker. We figure it mistook him for a tree.
    After a trip around the lake we tooled down to Quincy by way of Taylorsville in Indian Valley. There we had lunch with a couple other Sac boys that rode up to meet us. After lunch the Sac crew headed west down the Feather River Canyon and to home. Sixweeds and I rode east on 70 until he headed down 89 past Lake Tahoe and to home. I ran on out to 395 and fought the wind again back up to Susanville.
    Toxicshock got some pics and video as well as the other guys so I hope they throw them up for you all tonight.
    Thanks again guys for riding up here, we enjoyed having you.

Forgot to mention we saw several red sixth gens and at least one miniceptor over the weekend. None of them seemed to recognize we were on VFRs too. I am always surprised when people own VFRs and have no idea what they are riding!

6. MrDen

MrDen New Member

It's good to hear that you guys had a great weekend of riding together. I really wish I could have been there. Perhaps next time...:biggrin:

7. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

O K so as far as i know,we still have a perfect record of no mishaps and no tickets(thanks in part to slow cars on two occasions)I got some super cool pics and video while we were riding,however,somebody with a little more knowledge of computers will have to help me get them up.Hell, i still have video of us riding at SLO3 that i havent been able to put up!!!At any rate....WOW,what a beautiful weekend,wonderful hosts and an all around HOOT of a time!!!All of you who missed....don't miss the next one!!! It's already in the planning stage,i assure you.I'll get pics up promptly, gonna call Bweiss for assistance......Still waiting to hear from Weeds to see if he made it home.

8. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    Bastages............I mean that with love and respect..... :flip: thats for cause I couldnt come........... :worthless: so lets get those pictures posted lazy bastages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crustinator has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way Toxic...........Those white wheels make that bike POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Yonan

Yonan New Member

Hey guys, sorry we didn't get to chit chat a little more. I would of like to been around for some those awesome VFR pics, but my buddies Firebolt decided to puke its oil out of the primary around Dardanelles. Had to get him a ride home before continuing on. Still it was way cool running into VFR World members. We had a great ride home from Carson city, no rain just a lot more wind. Went through Ebbits pass on the way home, beautiful area. 420 mile round trip, longest so far on my old girl...........

10. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

YONAN, we honked at you boys at the gas station in Carson!!Good times,we'll do it again....Toecutter mangled some poor lil chipmunks tail with his rear wheel when we were trying to catch the pack out of the gas station...and we were right behind you and the Firebolt when it took a shit.

11. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    2nd Gen represent!!!!!!!!!

12. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    :thumbsup:

good on you guys, sounded like you all had a great time.

I like the pic of the sunbeams on the bikes!

13. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I missed out on a good ride and a bunch of cool guys to hang out with. Glad you had a blast! Looking forward to seeing the pics and video. :thumbsup:

14. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Hey Tox, just got back from doing father's day stuff. I'll give you a call tomorrow, or i may stop by after class.

To all. Stand by for the remainder of my pics.

15. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    I should just show up on some of these rides and shock all of you ...... i doubt it but you never know .......

16. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Just a few pics for now...I'll write a ride report tomorrow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few vids...

Drewl pulling in after a lap around the lake...
    [​IMG]

Sixweeds, Toe, and Toxic after a lap...

[​IMG]

17. fredsncoma

fredsncoma New Member

United States
    Glad you guys had a good time and made it home safe. Good to chat for a few. I hope I will have a bike together by the next time you pass through Gardnerville/Minden. Next time your passing through you better stop. I promise I will have another luke warm beer in a can for you Toe.

18. bigjay

bigjay New Member

glad everyones ok and had a good time, cant wait to see more vids and pics. Drewl, your bike sounds great in that clip!

a little side note on the fact that you guys saw a bunch of red 6th gens and none of them acknowledged other vfr's.. about 4 months ago I looked into renting a bike and one of the options was the vfr.. and they were all red. this place had locations in reno, sac,fresno and a few other spots.. just thinking maybe some of those were rentals. if they werent rentals and were in fact unappreciative vfr owners, then they deserve a quick kick to the nuggets :>

19. MudGuts

MudGuts New Member

Map
    You guys rock! I have a dream, one day...one day I shall be there bringing up the rear. You guys will be in SLO and I will still be in Sac. :thumbsup:

20. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    No worries, MudGuts. I'll watch your rear for ya.