North Carolina, c'mon and raise up!

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by fyeguy, Mar 12, 2003.

1. phycocircus

phycocircus New Member

it was great. the dealer coulndt have been better.it was used had 700 on the clock.so i got a great deal. im really happy with the bike.the doc hasnt cleared me to ride yet but ive done it anyway lol. really like the bike.

2. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    just saw your threat ref: your purchase...good deal!

BTW, what are "peps" -can't say I've heard that term (or acronym)

3. ncpaul2

ncpaul2 New Member

I just thought I would drop in and say Hi. I am just south of Greensboro in Climax. I usually hang out over at vfrdisucssion but thought I would come here to see if there were any vfr riders in my area.

Paul

4. Brakes_and_Blip

Brakes_and_Blip New Member

Another NC Rider

Hey guys,
    I'm in Holly Springs just south of the Capitol City. I mostly ride out toward Stanford, Ashboro, and Liberty. I'm not that close to the Mountians and normally just like to ride on weekends for a few hours. There are plenty of great country roads nearby to make a good day of riding. I just discovered Old Liberty Road near Liberty. It's probobly the best road east of Greensboro that there is. This weekend was the first time I felt cold and made it a short ride. I'm already saying "I can't wait for warm weather" again.

5. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    BnB-
    From Asheboro, take HWY42 to Sanford. Awesome. I'm betting you already discovered it. I am in the Fayetteville area, so not much around here but traffic.

Southern Pines is another area with some nice roads that border Ft. Bragg (namely Lakebay Road). Huge Horse ranches and mansions make for excellent scenery. Let me know when you are in the area, and we can try to link up (weekends).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  6. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    Hey folks, I'm in Clemmons, 5 miles west of Winston-Salem.

Jay

7. Brakes_and_Blip

Brakes_and_Blip New Member

42 is a great road. I ride it all the time because I live about 10 mins from it. I really just started checking out some of the roads that branch off of 42 and have found some roads that are very twisty. There are some fantastic roads the closer you get to ashboro. I was just out there last weekend with some other VFR's and we had a blast. I'm going to try and ride this weekend if the weather is good.

8. UntouchableVFR

UntouchableVFR New Member

Hey, I'm in Clayton NC, 20min from Raleigh. I have a 2005 VFR. I haven't tried takeing HWY42 to Sanford and Asheboro. But there is some nice twisten near hwy98 Breaverdam RD. is nice. its off Oldweaver RD taking Capitol BLVD towards Wake Forest.

I going to be putting a new undertail on my VFR its from freestreetdesign.com can't wait. :cool:

9. vfr=>

vfr=> New Member

United States
    Map
    there is one now! 2000 yellow VFR.usually running around Lincolnton,Statesville area north or west to Wilkes county or Asheville and beyond. If you haven't been to Deals Gap area you haven't lived!

10. Mac

Mac New Member

Hey Fellers,
    My name is Mac, and I live in Ashe Co. If you clumped it all together, I still don't believe there is more than 20 miles of strait road in the County. What I am trying to say is there is lots of great riding.

11. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    Mac...hey thanks buddy, rub it in....

12. cyberized

cyberized New Member

Map
    I'm in Greensboro, NC.. I have Silver 03...Anyone that is interested in riding let me know. I know it is getting colder now. My email in ms@greensboro-nc.gov or marky18@triad.rr.com...phone is 336-420-2765.

I rode my old bike out about Walnut Cove on Hwy 8, 89 around Hanging Rock State Park then into VA. I hear and looked on map and riding in Mount Airy is awesone.

13. Faith7

Faith7 New Member

Map
    K-Town love to ride

14. XRayHound

XRayHound New Member

I live in Greensboro, and my best friend/adoptive dad lives at a Climax address but closer to Grey's Chapel. We should go carve Old Liberty Road sometime :biggrin:

15. cyberized

cyberized New Member

Map
    K-Ville and Xray..I have ridden on old liberty road before. Pretty nice. Hard to ride during week with work ...lets see what the weekend weather looks like.

16. V4 Jim

V4 Jim New Member

NC rider

Hey all, I'm out here in Snow Camp (south of Burlington/Graham). Love to ride whenever the weather allows! Drop me an email sometime. Please keep me informed as to the BR parkway runs, love a long ride! jim-mayes@hotmail.com

17. cyberized

cyberized New Member

Map
    I live in Greensboro, NC...Just got 2003 VFR..2 weeks ago. Hit me up if ever wanna ride or if a group ride goes. I fugure in the spring I'll ask everyone to go for ride to hanging rock or grandfather mountain.

18. junktionfet

junktionfet New Member

We were blessed with some absolutely awesome riding weather today (Saturday) so I took the bike out to run some errands. I ended up going all over the place. It's been too chilly to get any real ride time in lately (I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather), so I guess I was making up for it today. I never left Wake County yet somehow I accumulated at least 100 miles :D

19. Mac

Mac New Member

Drizzle all day Saturday here. Riding this weekend is still in my plans. Just waiting for the roads to dry some.
    I'm hoping it may be warm enough to ride to work the first part of the week.
    We usually get some good weather in December, and a few good days in January. I don't think I've ridden in February in years.

Mac

20. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

Mac, I think you are right. I check Google Maps and I can't find any straight shots. I especially want to get down there to ride what I think is call State or County road 88. It looks like a sweet ride from the satelite pictures!