non bike wives

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by taylor98, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Toto

Toto New Member

Map
    Wife likes it

Just this year I purchased my first ever-Motorcycle. Brand new 07 (RWB). Told wife I was thinking of buying a bike and she CRIED.... Said "you will never get my butt on that little seat". After some time she got on it. She had some issues. Which Corbin lady gunfighters seat and backrest & Heli-bars solved her issues. Then the saddlebags were added for storage. Now she can't wait to go on a trip and spend the night some place.

Last weekend we went on a 100-mile ride Her longest and when we got done I asked her what happen to the person who cried? She said she likes being with me and trusts me on it. She is amazed how she fits on that little seat go figure!!

Now I wonder if I did the right thing getting her on it cause now she likes going riding. But she does let me go on my own most times.

2. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    She "lets" you? Ouch! She's got the ol' cajones in the lock box, huh?

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    My wife is deathly afraid of motorcycles. She has only been on mine one time to the end of our cul-de-sac, and would have no more of it.
    At the same time...she lets me go whenever and wherever I please. She puts up with my rambling and even encourages me to spend money to make the bike better. I love my wife very much, even if she does not ride.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Yup.. The mortgage is gone, good food always on the table and I paid for it all. She has one hell of a lot more money than I do. So she has come to the realization that she had better have an extremely sound reason to try and stop me from doing something I want to do. And even then, I will probably do it anyways. Good thing I didn't hear that comment. Wife told me about it... Hmmmmm, her husband is my subordinate??????

5. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    For MOST couples the problem comes down to one thing: We hope they don't change, they hope we do.

6. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I changed. Now I do what I want. Honeymoon over. There are Bikes with wives and there are wiveless bikes. My cowl has only been off a couple times so guess mine must be the wiveless model. She has made that perfectly clear to me. I said "OK"

7. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow. now I have been pretty mean to some women in my life, something not to necessarily be proud of, but I have never had one go and enlist just to get away from me. You must have screwed her sister or something.

8. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

told her she couldnt have sex with other guys while she was attached to me. SO UNFAIR RIGHT? :p

9. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    Well then why the hell do you want to win her back? Does she have a hot girlfriend that likes to share?

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Hopefully she didn't enlist in USMC. She might come home on leave and kick your ass for calling her cute.

Some potential solutions:

Dump your current monoshock especially if you find "someone" who is sort of chunky.

Don't use the username, "Bruno."

Do not go to Sturgis for hustling babes.

Dyke bars are not great places to find what you are looking for.

Once in awhile one of those automated ads for meeting biker babes pops up on this very site. You might want to follow up on this.

:stripper:

11. Toto

Toto New Member

Map
    Ouch!

Yea there is alot more things that could be in a "locked box", but she has never stopped me from doing what I wanted to do. (And yes she unlocks the box often to clean said items!!)

It is just strange how she said "don't buy it, and think I will ride with you". But I got her to meet me in a vacant parking lot so she was not worried about any traffic and rode around there for a bit till she was comfortable. Now she will go when I ask her.

So if you have a wife or GF that seem to want to try riding take her to a vacant lot and she will be more comfortable when there is not any traffic around or person watching. They are afraid that they will do something to look stupid. With no one around that is not a issue.

Richie
    ô¿ô

12. Suko

Suko New Member

I was able to sneek in another bike into the garage this fall (now have 2) with the understanding that I will sell one in the spring. Once spring rolls around and one is sold I will then look for another one, what I was true to my word and sold one in the spring!

My wife dosen't ride either which I am fine with because when we go two up on jetskiis she leans the wrong way, which is ok in the water, but on the road...ouch!

13. How2

How2 New Member

United States
    I never understood this kind of thing. She "lets you"........? Do you guys roll "your eyes" when she wants to talk about something important to her?

14. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I can grasp the vacant parking lot part, but I would avoid mall parking lots. They open those places at all hours. Trying to get any ride familiarization done I'm afraid, would not go well.

Indeed this is a subjective POV but I think most will agree that it might diminish focus.

15. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow this has been an entertaining thread. I gotta admit I have met some really nice ladies who are not into bikes. The main reasons I cannot be with most ladies who are not into bikes is the negative things they say a repeat over and over - it is like they want something bad to happen. That kind of stuff messes with my head. I also worry if I get hurt would the non-biker lady leave me hanging. I like what Monk69 said - get with a lady who rides - now you can both look out for each other and have fun riding.

16. jaimev34

jaimev34 New Member

Map
    Same as many of you: GF tolerates it and listens to me go on and on about bikes, but I know it's not her thing. She worries about me, but she knows how therapeutic riding is for me, so she let's me continue (even though I've had some crashes). I've got my bike, she's got her dogs. We both have our passions.

17. kingsley

kingsley New Member

Canada
    Map
    I'm in the "wife has zero interest in bikes, but tolerates it a little" group

Comments like "if you have time to work on your bike - you have time to clean toilets and vacuum" - Faaaaaakkkkkk

Funny that I can watch 3 football games on a Sunday with no complaints - but, work on the bike or go for a 4 hour ride - and it's yak, yak, yak.

I think there is something to RVFR's ideas about woman wanting to be the center of attention. They wont admit it, but they are jealous of our affection to our machines.

She's a good person and a great mother to my boys - Life's a compromise, I guess.

18. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    You probably should have hit her........

THATS A JOKE......A JOKE...A JOKE

19. jcoplen

jcoplen New Member

my wife will rides atvs with me she has her own and plans to buy herself a bike but she will not ride with me she says im to crazy and she absolutly hates it when i talk about anything bike related

20. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

WHIIIIITIIISSSSSHHHH