non bike wives

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by taylor98, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Chris71Mach1

Chris71Mach1 Insider

United States
    Map
    i do have to admit a little bit of envy toward you guys whose wives are willing to ride with them. as much as id love for my gf to buy a bike and go riding with me, im stuck with one who is actually begrudgingly tolerant of the fact that i own 2 bikes, and ride every chance i get (which lately, is commuting to work). she makes it very clear that she doesnt like the fact that i ride, and she detests the risk that she perceives in motorcycling. oh well, admittedly, i couldve done a hell of a lot worse...at least she puts up with it. there again, that may be partially attributed to the fact that i made it abundantly clear to her that the VFR was here way before she was, and the VFR will be with me looooooong after she's gone ;)

2. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I hear you emon, but my wife, as stated above, has zero interest but doesn't give me the dreaded "grief" many men (and believe it or not the women who ride too) get from their significant other.

When I met my wife, sure I hoped she would get the bug. She didn't...but she supports me in my bike endevors, which in the larger picture is what matters.

Just a thought in case you meet the right one, but she doesn't ride.

BZ

3. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I'm the guy at parties that gives women like yours flak for not accepting motorcycling as part of their SO's life:biggrin:

My wife has asked me to mellow out becasue they give her the shit about my comments, not me:frown:

But Bubba Zanetti has found other ways to antagonize the nay-sayers.

And I'll never forget the time I had to give a non-riding boyfriend shit regarding his girlfriend who is an avid rider.

Man that guy was a douch:rolleyes:

BZ

4. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Both devices vibrate, make noise, make lines in carpet, suck in air and some vacuums even have headlights, so maybe they are equal. Just make sure you buy her at least a Dyson or better brand vacuum! :tongue:

Seems like many VFR owners have a lot in common - age range, gender, financial status, riding habits, family status, etc. So it's no surprise to me that many of us have wives with similar views on bikes and riding. :wink:

5. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Bubba you are a really nice guy and I am sure your wife appreciates you and wants you to be happy. I am not husband material anyway, but really like the company of woman/biker chick when touring and at rallies. If I was a nicer guy I probably could date non-biker ladies and maybe find a wife to be happy with, but I am not going to be tolerant at all when it comes to my bikes and riding. Given a choice between a woman and a bike it a no brainer for me - my choice will always be the bike - just a personal perference. I do have a respect for marriage and it is a very important part of some people's lives - just not for me I guess - too old to change now.

6. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    It was actually my wife's suggestion that i buy a new bike when she got worried about me riding my old 76' CB750F! I wasn't going to argue with her on that decision! She has ridden with me once or twice and enjoys it but stated that she will never own her own bike; she's too afraid of dumping it. When we first met, i told her I ride and will never give it up. So far even with the birth of my now 5 year old daughter, she has not complained. (Much!)

Buy the RC51, put it in the garage (how many times does she go out there???) and deal with apologizing later. Buy her a pair of shoes, a "toy" and wash the dishes and everything will be just fine.

7. Squamish VFR

Squamish VFR New Member

Canada
    Map
    i agree with Monk69's POV. I am still married but I doubt if I'd ever do it again. My wife is supportive on my M/C habits (it was part of a handshake pre-nup) but has zero tolerance for any rambling on about it. She has no interest in riding but does have a 50cc scooter. She is adament that the scoot is as far as she will ever go. She supports my road trips though at times I think she feels that the more time I spend on the bike the greater the chance of me coming home in a box. I think she also likes to have the house to herself when I'm gone. I'd say if I ever had to dive back into it again I'd make more efforts to find someone with common interests like M/Cing (and I think that they are out there for sure) and not be in as much of a rush as I was the first time. I do admit that I too wish she were with me on trips, for those times that you take in that great view, find a great place to eat, or a really cool town, and you naturally say to your self "I wish xoxo could see this". I enjoy riding with a group for sure but M/Cing seems to me to largley a solitary pursuit.

8. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    emon:

I hear ya LOL!

With further explanation comes clarity.

BZ

9. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Funny. The wife and I were at our Christmas oarty Saturday night. Most my guys wives know I ride as often as I do and in the conditions I do. One of them was quite talkative with my wife and said I am nuts for riding in the weather I do, and the trips I take. (there could be some thread of truth to that I admitt) But she then said to my wife, "I am surprised you allow that!"

I MEAN WTF.

My wife's come back was just. "He does what he wants anyways so why argue over it?" Gawd I love that girl. Anyone does anything to hurt her, limbs will break

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I despise that phrase Randy.

"allow" me to do that!? How about you allow my balls to be placed into the back of your throat biotch!

BZ

11. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

If y'all ever find some haven where cute girls abound, who like to ride 2-up on a crotch rocket, TELL ME!!! I have only come across one girl like that, and unfortunately she dumped me and enlisted so I won't have the pleasure of winnin' her back...

12. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    That's why most of us are really gay Pyro...

13. kurupt

kurupt New Member

well my bike hates my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. monk69

monk69 New Member

If you feel the need to find a girl into biking, at least find one that rides her own. That'll make a lot better match, she'll be into bikes the same way you are, and you won't have the lag time every time you lean/gas it/brake, or the extra weight....

15. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

United States
    Map
    Had a non- bike wife. Got in the way of riding. Ended one day from an argument and she bursts out saying, "You love that motorcyle more than you love me!" My reply went, "Well.. Yeah!" She runs out the door, gets in her car, takes off, and starts staying with her sister. Divorced her. -Lesson for me is a women's gotta like bikes and is willing to ride with me.

MD

16. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I hear there's an on-line biker dating service where you can enter how many pounds over 200, how many teeth under 12, what color mustache you prefer, what IQ between 50 and 70, how many unresolved felonies, and which STDs are in remission that constitutes your ideal riding companion, and an entire list of eligible honeys pops up for your dating pleasure.

17. Chris71Mach1

Chris71Mach1 Insider

United States
    Map
    look man, nobody here wants to see harleydavidson.com anymore....we already know the women there are as gross as the bikes!! :eek:

18. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What gets me here is I'm not 100% certain that its just the bike, could be guns, golf, RC toys, TV or etc etc.. some women just have to be the center of attention no matter what the other item is, if they don't feel like they are getting what ever it is they need there's some attitude thrown around. What's funny (NOT) is how it works one way, but not the other. Go figure..

19. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Like my ol' Daddy used to say, "Son, when it comes to men and women, there will always be these differences." Whatever the fuck that means.

20. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Yikes. Two things come to mind immediately:

1. Your guy should have winced when she said it, knowing it was wrong and that he'll have to live with it.
    2. He'll also have to live with everyone knowing he's whipped - or at least that his wife thinks he is.