Nice Cycle Plastics

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Mario98, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Marley Davidson

Marley Davidson New Member

Map
  2. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

They revamped the website so the link was broken.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Marley Davidson

Map
    Thanks man!

4. Marley Davidson

Map
    Unfortunatly they dont have for my bike...i have one spear kit but its in fiberglass...

5. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Does anyone know what the addition of Polyethylene to ABS does to body work? I was at my friends house last night and he just bought a new set of OEM body parts for his 5th GEN and on the opposite site of all the panels is read ABS + PE and I tried to see a "MADE IN ......" stamp but none were to be found, weird huh?

6. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    I have done business with Nice Cycles - they can be contacted and are nice and easy to deal with, but for some things like checking order status you have to email them. I needed some plastics for my Yamaha YZF 600 and it was cheaper for me to buy the complete set of plastics for the bike from them instead of the individual OEM plastics pieces (needed front Cowl, fender and right side panel). I am very happy and impressed with the plastics from Nice Cycle (plastics were delievered 14 days from order date - they do individual pieces and custom painting also and their plastics are ABS type which is what is commonly used for motorcycle bodywork) - all pre-drilled holes and everything lined up perfect. I ordered my plastics unpainted because I wanted to do something different. I am currently working with Thin Air Concepts on a body wrap for the Yamaha.

7. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    (ABS) Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (chemical formula (C8H8· C4H6·C3H3N)n) is a common thermoplastic used to make light, rigid, molded products such as piping (for example Plastic Pressure Pipe Systems), musical instruments (most notably recorders and plastic clarinets), golf club heads (used for its good shock absorbance), automotive body parts, wheel covers, enclosures, protective head gear, buffer edging for furniture and joinery panels, airsoft BBs and toys, including Lego bricks. ABS plastic ground down to an average diameter of less than 1 micrometer is used as the colorant in some tattoo inks. Tattoo inks that use ABS are extremely vivid. This vividness is the most obvious indicator that the ink contains ABS, as tattoo inks rarely list their ingredients.

It is a copolymer made by polymerizing styrene and acrylonitrile in the presence of polybutadiene. The proportions can vary from 15 to 35% acrylonitrile, 5 to 30% butadiene and 40 to 60% styrene. The result is a long chain of polybutadiene criss-crossed with shorter chains of poly(styrene-co-acrylonitrile). The nitrile groups from neighboring chains, being polar, attract each other and bind the chains together, making ABS stronger than pure polystyrene. The styrene gives the plastic a shiny, impervious surface. The butadiene, a rubbery substance, provides resilience even at low temperatures. ABS can be used between −25 and 60 °C. The properties are created by rubber toughening, where fine particles of elastomer are distributed throughout the rigid matrix.

Production of 1 kg of ABS requires the equivalent of about 2 kg of oil for raw materials and energy. It can also be recycled.

8. tcarroll

tcarroll New Member

Dino71, please let us know how it works out. I interested in how close the color will match your tank and seat cowl. Their website is fairly impressive.

9. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

E mail them I hear rumors they make a tank cover as well

10. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    My plastics should be shipping soon from China, I will keep you guys posted! Anyone else have any comments about dealing Nice Cycle?

11. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Ok boys I got the big box from Nice Cycle delivered last night 5/6 and I put it in the garage. I still haven't had a chance to open it but I will get to it this weekend and begin putting the body parts on. I will take some pictures and write of review of the process.....stay tuned. Is there a how-to on placing pictures on here. Someone on this board was nice enough to send me a procedure on how to link them from photobucket, is that the best way?

12. paccat

paccat New Member

nice cycle

just ordered some plastics for my 2000 vfr800 from these guys. ordered painted ones so all i have to do is paint the tank. keep us updated.

13. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    What color did you pick? I still haven't had a chance to open my box with my stuff yet, been really busy with work and family. I hope everything is intact.

14. paccat

paccat New Member

plastics

hi, i ordered black with a orangish color design, number 809. didnt want any race looking graphics or red. what color did you order?

15. paccat

paccat New Member

how is it coming with your fairngs.

16. Rubo

Rubo New Member

I find it ironic that someone spends over 700 hard cash on fairings and has no time to OPEN the box....
    Most people would rip that box to shreds in seconds....
    I guess we have to wait a week until someone has a time to visit his garage...

17. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Ok, I finally had some time to open the box and was not really impressed with what I saw. The color was not even close to OEM after I was told it would be an exact match so I resealed the box and went to my UPS hub and sent it back. I will now order OEM parts and be done with this. I was promised everything under the sun by nice cycle and in the end I just wasted time sending over 40 emails back and forth. If I had ordered them unpainted and then go them painted then I am sure they would have looked great but buy the time you do that you can just order OEM parts and save yourself the aggravation. I think my standards might be higher than most peoples because of the fact I am the way I am and when you pay for something and its not the way you want it it should go right back. SO my over all assessment of Nice Cycles is that they are an ok company but the orange color that my plastics were painted was unacceptable. How freaking hard is it to order paint from Honda, it probablly comes from China anyway. And yes the plastics come from China and for that matter so does the materials (until I see proof that it come from Japan) because the final injection molding happens in China so who really cares where the ABS come from, I wouldn't care if it came from the moon I just care that it looks good when completed. Like I said before these plastics might be best unpainted if the economics workout. And Rubster....when you do what I do in a week and find time to inspect something as insignificant as motorcycle plastics then you are better man than me, there are other things in life that are much more important than my motorcycle.

18. Rubo

Rubo New Member

Thanks for clarifying the quality factor. Over 700 dollars is not small change.I almost bought a whole motorcycle 1973CB750 for that kind of money and color not even close.FK that.
    I suggest if money is tight look at ebay.I saw some recently VFR OEM plastics for cheap.
    If I crash my VFR I will most likey go naked and make a street fighter out of it.
    Thanks for responding

19. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Just remember, never drop your bike! I dont want to mention how much I have spent on parts, helmet, new jacket/boots, plastics. MC's are like airplanes....they dont fair to well to gravity, esp when you are going 60!

20. paccat

paccat New Member

well i got my fairing from nice cycle today. i did not go for stock colors so color match was not an issue. overall they are okay, started to put them on and have not had any real issues as of yet.