New VFR owner!

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by eightvalve, Oct 21, 2008.

1. eightvalve

eightvalve New Member

Hi all!
    I just picked up a 2000 VFR in a barter deal and was lucky enough to stumble on this site. So far after 2 days, I LOVE IT!!! I sort of always wanted one but went the more exotic route. I traded the owner my 2001 Ducati 748S straight for the Honda. Same miles (21K) and the Honda is visually in alot better shape. Its got a full custom paint job with shaved and filled front turns, Micron high pipe and a very trick paint and polish job on the wheels. Thing runs like an electric motor! I'm used to Ducs that sound like hell but run like nothing else on the road.
    Few things:
    Is there a manufacturer or another Honda model that has lower bars? I'd like a more sport position.
    Is there a place to get higher or adjustable rear sets?
    I'm wanting more the sportbike position, just not as aggressive as a Ducati Superbike!

Heres what I traded:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And got this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    THAT is one slick lookin bike.
    Welcome aboard.

3. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Sweet! YOU got the better deal. Welcome to VFR's and to the site. I cannot answer your questions as I am stock but I am sure a few of the readers will pipe up. Enjoy!

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Welcome to the forum, Both bike are special to their own. VFR is a nice comfortable bike

5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the world of V-4's and VFRWorld! :smile:

6. eightvalve

eightvalve New Member

A Duc is a Duc. They are basically Italian torture chambers on two wheels. Fantastic track bikes albeit down on power. Not the best commuter bikes tho! I ride 20miles each way daily to work (2nd shift) and between my back and my balls, I love the VFR! Alot better wind protection and I don't have to have my Ipod on to cut down on the engine/exhaust/dry clutch noise.

7. RaceAce

RaceAce New Member

Map
    Hi and welcome
    Nice ride :smile:
    As far as bars go any honda 41mm bars should fit, you could try pre injection cbr600 bars they have 41mm forks.
    You will need to be careful though as by lowering the bars you may end up hitting the tank on full lock :unsure:
    The only rearsets i have seen were by harris for the ltd edition anniversary model, there is a set on ebay at the minute here in the uk :wink:
    But i would suggest you give it a while in standard trim first as they handle really well once set up right without being slung over the tank and arse in air :tongue: