New Tyres

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by ManxVFR, May 30, 2020.

1. VFRIRL

VFRIRL New Member

Ireland
    Map
    Refit the tyre the correct way, easy mistake to make especially with some front tyres because the tread pattern can look wrong on them until you confirm that's the way it should be by looking at the arrow.

2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Had a lucky thing happen last Saturday, went to my normal gas station to fill-up and when I was done, I hit the starter button and nothing. Battery crapped out. Why do I think it was lucky? I pushed the bike out of the way and proceeded to remove the battery to see what size it was. Well we normally get on our bikes from the left side, but since it was on kick stand it was easier to work on it on the right side. After I got the battery out, I looked down at the rear tire on the right and was shocked to see it worn down to the cords on the extreme edge, not the center. I normally take twisty back roads and I knew I needed a new tire by the wear pattern, but the left side of tire had not reached the cords yet. Lesson learned, look over your bike on both sides before departing for a ride. After we got the tire off the rim, I noticed that a patch had appeared that was completely through the rubber.

VFRIRL and VScot like this.
  3. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    Coming in late here but did not want to start a new tire thread. So I take it that the Dunlop Sportmax D222's are no longer made? I only found the rear in a search and only "1 left" to order.